Typhon Motor fan, how to?

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I mounted a fan on my Typhon's motor since it has larger tires, to prevent overheating.
The issue I have is that the body hits the fan on upside down landings. The fan laster four packs.

Besides driving perfectly (working on it), how can I mount a fan/heatsink without this problem, or are there super low profile but still efficient coolers?

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
Pics of fan mount? If the fan is attached to the motor, not the chassis, can you rotate the mount so the fan is next to the motor, blowing sideways, instead of above the motor?

Blucross

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Fury,
Is there anything stopping you from putting the fan sideways instead of on top? Is there room for it that way? I have the same heatsink and fan for my typhon but have not installed it yet.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
Might clip the fins on once side of the fan, so it can be rotated.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Is there anything stopping you from putting the fan sideways instead of on top? Is there room for it that way? I have the same heatsink and fan for my typhon but have not installed it yet.
There's no space between the motor and the sideguards, it's taken up by the wires of the motor. You can barely fit the fan alone, without cover and heatsink.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s
You have the V3 talion correct?
If so I am not sure what fan would work with the stock body.
You could go all Ghetto and make a cutout in the body for the fan and heatsink. Or try not to land upside down :p

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
You have the V3 talion correct?
If so I am not sure what fan would work with the stock body.
You could go all Ghetto and make a cutout in the body for the fan and heatsink. Or try not to land upside down :p
I wish ;-) Typhon, worse for space under the body I guess.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Oh, I did modify the body in the mean time, look :D:D:D

20171125_102654.jpg

Plenty of space!

Thanks for the reply anyway, always useful. Did you use some kind of thermal glue / pad between the heatsink and motor?

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Haha, Ruckus body on the Typhon. I have a Ruckus too but the body is not really that firm...is yours still in one piece on the Typhon?
And yes it's a thermal pad. Works really good, motor temps are much lower!
I have no idea what you're talking about dude, the Ruckus body is really strong:

20171125_102725.jpg

Never ran it without the reinforcement, but yeah, not taking risk, tower just in case:

20171125_102608.jpg

120g original body, 240g reinforced one in case you're wondering. Not too bad imho.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Wow, so clean. I got fiberglass tape going all directions and overlapping like crazy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N4SIR Arrma 6s BLX 4
Surchaufeur Arrma 4x4 12
LtGhost08 Arrma 6s BLX 9
R Electronics 9