Kraton My Build in details + paint job photos! but is it still a K8S?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea that is what I keep hearing about anything aluminum lol that sucks oh well lol so, did you drill out the front holes of the Xmaxx bumper since they don't go all the way through or how did you do it I'm curious and what size nuts, washers and bolts did you use?? @madf78
Nothing to drill, it is a perfect fit as is.
Very simple,out of memory, M4x45 or x50, 3 washers per screw, one at the base of the screw, smaller one after the original bumper and one (or two depending on needs) before the xmaxx bumper,and finally 4 bolts in between to strengthen everything.
You do not need to drill anything, if you look at the back of the xmaxx bumper and the front of the kraton bumper you'll figure it out easily.
P.S: you have to remove the original bumper in order to be able to proceed and it fits at the level shown in the next photo.

IMG_3793.jpg

Nothing to drill, it is a perfect fit as is.
Very simple,out of memory, M4x45 or x50, 3 washers per screw, one at the base of the screw, smaller one after the original bumper and one (or two depending on needs) before the xmaxx bumper,and finally 4 bolts in between to strengthen everything.
You do not need to drill anything, if you look at the back of the xmaxx bumper and the front of the kraton bumper you'll figure it out easily.
P.S: you have to remove the original bumper in order to be able to proceed and it fits at the level shown in the next photo.

View attachment 97673
Ok awesome thank you very much man I'm doing that asap now!! One more thing, what did you use on the inside of the body to make it more durable?? @madf78

Shoe goo and drywall tape and all what is listed in the thread :)
Ok awesome thank you @madf78 I want to do something like that as well i already had that in mind just wasn't sure what was good to use that would be durable enough

Thats a real nice Kraton! Well done on the paintjob! How's the driveline and driveshafts holding up? How many runs did you do with this setup? My driveline on the 8S really sucks. Broken diff, bend driveshafts etc. Mine is from end of may this year, with only a run or 20, no bashing or extreme jumps. Just 'normal' race driving and low jumps.

Thats a real nice Kraton! Well done on the paintjob! How's the driveline and driveshafts holding up? How many runs did you do with this setup? My driveline on the 8S really sucks. Broken diff, bend driveshafts etc. Mine is from end of may this year, with only a run or 20, no bashing or extreme jumps. Just 'normal' race driving and low jumps.
Thank you!
Driveline etc, so far so good beside some bent cvd here and there but nothing major. Run over 15 packs already, bashing mainly

That paint is a work of art brotha! @madf78 , hats off to you mate. Very well done! You should be proud of that! You beat me to the 34/34! Soon as I do my tear down and build mine will be the same. ??✌? Good work.

That paint is a work of art brotha! @madf78 , hats off to you mate. Very well done! You should be proud of that! You beat me to the 34/34! Soon as I do my tear down and build mine will be the same. ??✌? Good work.
Thank you brotha!
The build is inspired by @Rich Duperbash and is not my creation but the paint is and again thank you for the compliment but if you ask me, I wont do it again anytime soon. It is too much work but worth it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back