Gorgon My builders kit is here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. Problem #1. None of my extra brushless motors will fit. 🥺

All of my 1/10 scale BL motors have the leads protruding from the side of the can with a thick rubber grommet. As you can see in the pic, that’s no bueno in this chassis. So when you order a BL setup for your Gorgon, keep this in mind. It’s nowhere near fully seated.

Looks like it’s brushed for the first few runs. Bummer.
View attachment 327035
You might be able to make it work if you turn it clockwise to 3 o'clock. I had a similar issue with a Hobbywing 3660 3200kv, as are many who are trying to fit 3660 motors
A sensored motor would work. The phase wire solder tabs have a lower profile. May clear the mount? Solder the 3 wires Flat, not straight up.
Even on sensored motors, the tabs with wires soldered don't clear the opening. I had to shave down the length of the tabs after soldering the wires on, and it barely fits with the motor turned all the way to 3 o'clock on the mount. If they heat up, I'm melting a chassis😮

The admiration of the masses!
She’s built. Took a while to find the ESC, apparently I put it in one of my shelf rigs for some weird reason lol. This is a 3300kv Reedy combo out of my MT10. She does 3s. View attachment 327095
View attachment 327096

And I videoed this for you guys. You’re welcome.

Thanks for sharing, it looks AWESOME!!! I like those wheels and tires too!

Aww dang, you took the plastic off... Its getting it now!! :ROFLMAO: (y)

Thanks for sharing, it looks AWESOME!!! I like those wheels and tires too!

Aww dang, you took the plastic off... Its getting it now!! :ROFLMAO: (y)
The wheels and tires I’ve had for a long time. They have a larger hex than the standard 12mm, I’m going to hazard a guess at 14mm. When I noticed the hex size of the Gorgon looked a bit bigger, I got excited. They actually fit. I finally get to use these wheels and tires. I’ve had 6 of them for at least 2 years lol.

And oh yes. It’s gonna get it.

I bet this Gorgon is stout. Looks durable for its size.(y)

I bet this Gorgon is stout. Looks durable for its size.(y)
As I was building it, I was looking for potential weak points, and to be totally honest, I can’t find anything that looks like it’ll fail easily. The arms are pretty stout for a 1/10 scale, the bumpers are actually hinged, the shock towers are short and really thick, and the internal gears are over an inch wide. There just aren’t any outlying issues with it. I’m going to beat this truck harder than anything else I own and see how much it’ll take. Then I’ll just buy another one lol.

As I was building it, I was looking for potential weak points, and to be totally honest, I can’t find anything that looks like it’ll fail easily. The arms are pretty stout for a 1/10 scale, the bumpers are actually hinged, the shock towers are short and really thick, and the internal gears are over an inch wide. There just aren’t any outlying issues with it. I’m going to beat this truck harder than anything else I own and see how much it’ll take. Then I’ll just buy another one lol.

Being that it is surely a light truck, I bet it takes more abuse then most. Just won't have the impacts a heavier rig would 😆

Trash this one to hell and park a shelf queen next to it for comparison on the shelf. Be cool like a before and after type thing 😎

Being that it is surely a light truck, I bet it takes more abuse then most. Just won't have the impacts a heavier rig would 😆

Trash this one to hell and park a shelf queen next to it for comparison on the shelf. Be cool like a before and after type thing 😎
That sounds like a good option lol.

The admiration of the masses!
She’s built. Took a while to find the ESC, apparently I put it in one of my shelf rigs for some weird reason lol. This is a 3300kv Reedy combo out of my MT10. She does 3s. View attachment 327095
View attachment 327096

And I videoed this for you guys. You’re welcome.

Dude, that’s awesome! Also, I’ve had very good luck with those 3300 Reedy combos. I replaced all the electronics in my TRX rigs with them because they run so much cooler than the 3500 Velineons. This will be a fast truck on 3s!

Dude, that’s awesome! Also, I’ve had very good luck with those 3300 Reedy combos. I replaced all the electronics in my TRX rigs with them because they run so much cooler than the 3500 Velineons. This will be a fast truck on 3s!
Well, I’ll tell you this, it’s way, way, too fast for the living room lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back