Gorgon My builders kit is here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
Looking through all of the parts, I have noticed this:
1. It’s way overbuilt for what it is.
2. It’s going to be the easiest build Ive ever done.
3. Dollar for dollar, this is the best RC deal on the market.

I’m skipping over the stock motor/ESC/Battery. Brushless/LiPo is life.
IMG_0922.jpeg

Ok. Problem #1. None of my extra brushless motors will fit. 🥺

All of my 1/10 scale BL motors have the leads protruding from the side of the can with a thick rubber grommet. As you can see in the pic, that’s no bueno in this chassis. So when you order a BL setup for your Gorgon, keep this in mind. It’s nowhere near fully seated.

Looks like it’s brushed for the first few runs. Bummer.
IMG_0923.jpeg

All of my 1/10 scale BL motors have the leads protruding from the side of the can with a thick rubber grommet. As you can see in the pic, that’s no bueno in this chassis. So when you order a BL setup for your Gorgon, keep this in mind. It’s nowhere near fully seated.

View attachment 327035
I saw someone mention the wires come straight out the back of 1/10 redcat brushless motors. Or you could go TP :devilish:

View attachment 327035

Solution >>>
Get to Freddy Krueger-ing that grommet off ,ASAP!
Then use some silicone glue to reseal those cables.

Problem solved! 👊💥

View attachment 327035
A sensored motor would work. The phase wire solder tabs have a lower profile. May clear the mount? Solder the 3 wires Flat, not straight up.

Might take a few days to complete!

Especially if you have to manually cut out the water slick decals and afix them onto the body yourself!

Score!
freddy krueger deal with it GIF

What sort of prize(S) did I win?
The admiration of the masses!
She’s built. Took a while to find the ESC, apparently I put it in one of my shelf rigs for some weird reason lol. This is a 3300kv Reedy combo out of my MT10. She does 3s.
IMG_0928.jpeg

IMG_0930.jpeg

And I videoed this for you guys. You’re welcome.

The admiration of the masses!
She’s built. Took a while to find the ESC, apparently I put it in one of my shelf rigs for some weird reason lol. This is a 3300kv Reedy combo out of my MT10. She does 3s. View attachment 327095
View attachment 327096

And I videoed this for you guys. You’re welcome.

Oh comm'on now..

Halloween is right around the corner..
Can't you spare some treats at least..?

Oh comm'on now..

Halloween is right around the corner..
Can't you spare some treats at least..?
I would, but I already ate all the candy I bought for Halloween. I figure I’ll wind up buying the candy for trick or treaters at least 3 more times before Halloween comes.

So it’s pouring the rain, and I don’t feel like getting drenched, so I did the right thing and ran it in the living room. On 3s. It’s going to be stupid fun. I want another one.

I would, but I already ate all the candy I bought for Halloween. I figure I’ll wind up buying the candy for trick or treaters at least 3 more times before Halloween comes.

So it’s pouring the rain, and I don’t feel like getting drenched, so I did the right thing and ran it in the living room. On 3s. It’s going to be stupid fun. I want another one.

Happy Trick Or Treat GIF by Dino Ranch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back