Gorgon Ran my Gorgon with the 4000kv BL setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So I just got back inside, ran out a full 5000mah 3s LiPo, and the best way I can describe it is that it’s like a chihuahua. Small and light, nimble, but always chooses ultraviolence. If I even think about going near full throttle, even though the punch is turned way down, it wheelies violently. The thing is stupid fast, and the tires I’m running suck out loud in grass and dirt. The shocks are really bouncy, but I have a fix coming for that.

The thing that impressed me most, is that I beat this thing like it owes me money, but although the body is junked, but the truck looks completely unscathed. At the end of my run, I could hold my finger on the motor without burning myself. What a great little truck!!
IMG_1076.jpeg
IMG_1077.jpeg
IMG_1078.jpeg

One thing I've noticed about the Gorgon is that all the YouTubers who've put high powered brushless systems in it are always amazed at how well it handles the power. I've never seen anyone break a drivetrain component. The only weak link seems to be the body.

One thing I've noticed about the Gorgon is that all the YouTubers who've put high powered brushless systems in it are always amazed at how well it handles the power. I've never seen anyone break a drivetrain component. The only weak link seems to be the body.
I even upgraded the body and it got junked. 😂
You need to shoe goo that body!
I ordered a new body. That one’s gonna be cool.

the best way I can describe it is that it’s like a chihuahua. Small and light, nimble, but always chooses ultraviolence. If I even think about going near full throttle, even though the punch is turned way down, it wheelies violently. The thing is stupid fast

My kinda rc right there 😍🤣

The only thing i broke so far is the servo saver on mine. Besides the body that tears very easily. I also can run 3s. It handles way better then expected.

View attachment 331413
Having that battery so low in the chassis just makes this thing handle so well. It’s a brilliant design, and I hate to admit it, but I e been having more fun with this little truck than my $1000+ rigs.

The only thing i broke so far is the servo saver on mine. Besides the body that tears very easily. I also can run 3s. It handles way better then expected.

View attachment 331413

Sorry to be off topic (like always) but how do you like that HW esc? I was looking to buy one the other day but thought it sounded to good to be true on price 😅

First hobbywing esc i have had for the most basic version it is pretty good and the feel is smooth. It is not a sensored system. I wanted to try hobbywing setup to see if i would like it and i do. You do need a program led box to adjust the settings on that setup. Well worth it. I think it is the perfect system for the gorgon that you can go 3s and go stupid fast for the truck. But on 3s ypu can back flip it very easily which is very cool on a 2wd druve truck. It has good air control with a 3 s lipo with a 14t pinion
For the price it performs way better then i was expecting and is super smooth for a non sensored system. It also runs very cool temps with my setup.

Last edited:
First hobbywing esc i have had for the most basic version it is pretty good and the feel is smooth. It is not a sensored system. I wanted to try hobbywing setup to see if i would like it and i do. You do need a program led box to adjust the settings on that setup. Well worth it. I think it is the perfect system for the gorgon that you can go 3s and go stupid fast for the truck. But on 3s ypu can back flip it very easily which is very cool on a 2wd druve truck. It has good air control with a 3 s lipo with a 14t pinion
For the price it performs way better then i was expecting and is super smooth for a non sensored system. It also runs very cool temps with my setup.

Awesome, sounds like just the ticket for what I was wanting it for. Thanks for the input!
Carry on! 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back