My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man, wanna have a celebratory cigar with me……JK. :ROFLMAO:

Smoking and nicotine in general is one evil habit to quit and leave forever (smoked 20+ years) that’s for sure. I actually counted days and that helped but ultimately it was chantix that worked and was covered by my insurance. Totally changed my tastebuds and man the vivid dreams are crazy at times (not nightmares). It’s a crazy drug but it worked for me you just have to add something to sub for the oral fixation, I use all natural mint pouches Link
Hahaha good one!

Link bookmarked! Thanks man!:)

Thanks man, wanna have a celebratory cigar with me……JK. :ROFLMAO:

Smoking and nicotine in general is one evil habit to quit and leave forever (smoked 20+ years) that’s for sure. I actually counted days and that helped but ultimately it was chantix that worked and was covered by my insurance. Totally changed my tastebuds and man the vivid dreams are crazy at times (not nightmares). It’s a crazy drug but it worked for me you just have to add something to sub for the oral fixation, I use all natural mint pouches Link
Yes, congrats on 3 years! Last time I quit it was nicotine gum and lollipops (sugar free). Lollies especially helped during driving to help the oral fixation.
Baby steps too. I had last pack and divided em up per day...gradually getting down to the last one. I still remember sitting in my car at work having that last one before quitting for a year. At this point I think my goal is going to be getting back down to 5-6 a day. I was like that for years!! Once I started working remotely FT, it's been a smoke fest. :rolleyes:

Yes, congrats on 3 years! Last time I quit it was nicotine gum and lollipops (sugar free). Lollies especially helped during driving to help the oral fixation.
Baby steps too. I had last pack and divided em up per day...gradually getting down to the last one. I still remember sitting in my car at work having that last one before quitting for a year. At this point I think my goal is going to be getting back down to 5-6 a day. I was like that for years!! Once I started working remotely FT, it's been a smoke fest. :rolleyes:
Ouch remote work is hard especially trying to stay active. I started remote at the beginning of Covid (IT) and blew up 60lbs. The only other thing I do is when I get the craving or now the idea in my head to smoke is do something active, keep those hands busy!

My biggest motivation was my greatest fear, leaving my wife with nothing if something was to happen to me.

This is a first for me from Amazon. Ordered the WD Black 5TB hard drive and a tiny piece of green felt shows up today. I thought I got scammed, but then saw it was sold and shipped by Amazon. So after cussing at the virtual agent for 5 mins I finally got a live, heavy accent human. 20 mins later got the drive coming tomorrow and they want me to return the felt. I told em it's gonna cost more to return and process the return than what its worth. But whatever, I didn't order a $120 piece of felt. 🤦‍♂️
20220905_130620.jpg

This is a first for me from Amazon. Ordered the WD Black 5TB hard drive and a tiny piece of green felt shows up today. I thought I got scammed, but then saw it was sold and shipped by Amazon. So after cussing at the virtual agent for 5 mins I finally got a live, heavy accent human. 20 mins later got the drive coming tomorrow and they want me to return the felt. I told em it's gonna cost more to return and process the return than what its worth. But whatever, I didn't order a $120 piece of felt. 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 241542
Plug the felt in to your computer!

Might have the secrets to the universe on it!

JK I felt your pain..🤣🙂.

haven't smoked cigarettes in over 2 1/2 years but while in the process of moving I kinda started smoking again.
Super pissed at myself for it and trying again to stop. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just don't buy cigarettes. Just like never go shopping when you are hungry. Tell yourself it's easy, not hard. In some ways our brain is very simplistic.

And a mishap is just that. Only unsolid reasoning will use it as proof to smoke the next one.

Plug the felt in to your computer!

Might have the secrets to the universe on it!

JK I felt your pain..🤣🙂.
My wife started freaking a little thinking it was poisoned or something. 😂

Today, I go to get in my car, have to clean all of the ash off my windows....did I mention half the state is burning again? Finally get on the road, make it two blocks before I hit a wall of traffic. Two of the three lanes on my morning commute are closed due to construction. All the important people ignore the lane closed ahead signs and cut to the front to push in at the last moment. took forty five minutes for a fifteen minute commute to get to work today. I am slammed at work and the boss keeps squeezing in cutesy jobs for friends and family then pushing me to hurry on the big jobs I already have. It's shaping up to be a beautiful day. Did I mention it's supposed to be 115F today? Thppppppt! :banghead:

Today, I go to get in my car, have to clean all of the ash off my windows....did I mention half the state is burning again? Finally get on the road, make it two blocks before I hit a wall of traffic. Two of the three lanes on my morning commute are closed due to construction. All the important people ignore the lane closed ahead signs and cut to the front to push in at the last moment. took forty five minutes for a fifteen minute commute to get to work today. I am slammed at work and the boss keeps squeezing in cutesy jobs for friends and family then pushing me to hurry on the big jobs I already have. It's shaping up to be a beautiful day. Did I mention it's supposed to be 115F today? Thppppppt! :banghead:
Just keep sneaking away to post on the daily rant it may help...?😜

Printed this F86. Scaled down from 90mm to 80mm EDF to use an existing fan/motor unit. Would not lift off on 6s at 100AMP. Was not willing to buy an 8s system. Broke it apart and dumped into the rubbish. Think it was about 400+ hours of printing including misprints etc. Happy I did not finish the decals and paint job. If I reprint I'll probably do so with a 120mm EDF but that one is installed in another printed aeroplane. :rolleyes: Should have given it to some airport bar to hang from the ceiling.

20220501_144952(0).jpg

Last edited:
I hear ya brother. I'm about 30 miles away from the Mosquito fire and the AQI is over 400 today. Plus it's going to be 110 here. I'm ready for fire season to be over.

Not a rant...just a funny observation....

I like RCTalk, some great people on there and great variety of RC chats (nitro, flight, etc). This is NOT a dig on them.......

however, with me being a strictly ground guy, being on RCTalk sometimes feels like a quite, nice little waiting room with soft music playing overhead while you are waiting to get into the Arrma Forum Rave!! :unsure::ROFLMAO::LOL::cool: Arrma Fam! 🤘🤜🤛☝️✌️😁

Even spoken to "train people"? Building railway tracks, keeping the nice trains in their box etc. .....

There is just a certain psychology / attitude (what ever you may call it) that goes with sending a vehicle at speed, risking and fabricating pretty expensive damage to equipment, hours of wrenching, and "I can't wait to do it all over again".

Last edited:
Not a rant...just a funny observation....

I like RCTalk, some great people on there and great variety of RC chats (nitro, flight, etc). This is NOT a dig on them.......

however, with me being a strictly ground guy, being on RCTalk sometimes feels like a quite, nice little waiting room with soft music playing overhead while you are waiting to get into the Arrma Forum Rave!! :unsure::ROFLMAO::LOL::cool: Arrma Fam! 🤘🤜🤛☝️✌️😁
You are now banished to the kids table at RCTalk, Welcome to my table! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Printed this F86. Scaled down from 90mm to 80mm EDF to use an existing fan/motor unit. Would not lift off on 6s at 100AMP. Was not willing to buy an 8s system. Broke it apart and dumped into the rubbish. Think it was about 400+ hours of printing including misprints etc. Happy I did not finish the decals and paint job. If I reprint I'll probably do so with a 120mm EDF but that one is installed in another printed aeroplane. :rolleyes: Should have given it to some airport bar to hang from the ceiling.

View attachment 242308
She came out nice! sucks she wouldn't get airborne. I had that problem with an F-16 once, ended up gutting it and giving the shell to a coworker to hang in his kids bedroom..

Even spoken to "train people"? Building railway tracks, keeping the nice trains in their box etc. .....

There is just a certain psychology / attitude (what ever you may call it) that goes with sending a vehicle at speed, risking and fabricating pretty expensive damage to equipment, hours of wrenching, and "I can't wait to do it all over again".
I'm just speaking of me here, but I don't miss too much sending my $3k rigs as high and far as I can. I couldn't keep up with the repairs of 14 RC vehicles TBH. Even if I just had one, it was usually like $20-$50 in repairs every weekend. Yeah. Sorry. I just can't keep up with that. Just my 2 cents of rant. And all I wanted to do was to work on these things 24/7. I got obsessed with the RC thing. Moderation is key. Rant over 😂

I'm just speaking of me here, but I don't miss too much sending my $3k rigs as high and far as I can. I couldn't keep up with the repairs of 14 RC vehicles TBH. Even if I just had one, it was usually like $20-$50 in repairs every weekend. Yeah. Sorry. I just can't keep up with that. Just my 2 cents of rant. And all I wanted to do was to work on these things 24/7. I got obsessed with the RC thing. Moderation is key. Rant over 😂

I drink in moderation, moderation is a place I made up that just so happens to be wherever I am.

Back