Buying rc stuff daily?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go threw waves of purchases.

Might go months without buying anything then get an itch to buy everything I see 🤣
I'm kinda the same way.compulsive buying I must say.even if I don't need it .the itch is real especially if the price is appealing.Anything to do with RC is more of a want than a need .I probably wouldn't have spent so much in this hobby if it weren't for this forum🤷

Yes, I have a serious problem. (Seriously)
This is A-main. This doesn’t even account for M2C, Amazon, eBay, and various other sources, and only goes back to December. And I’ve been doing this since I was 10. (I’m 46). I have packages coming to the house constantly. But I don’t drink anymore, smoke, or use any controlled substance, so this is my only real money pit outside the gun safe View attachment 308613
Imagine how much Kevin Talbot has spent on rc this year.

In my experience once your hobby shack starts to look like a lhs or Talbot's stop buying daily and only have your occasional sprees.

I just rebooted my plan to electrify one of my old quads (scaling up). Parts suddenly become way more expensive. I just spend 1.2k on a motor+esc. And don't have an answer yet how to keep my battery pack reasonable affordable... 72V-150A requires a lot of cells even without thinking about capacity.

See, its allot of parts for $30 delivered!

I only needed 1 Mojave side... and how can you pass up an EXB 6S mount for $8.99?? As a spare.

Those pins from Arrma are $8 a pair alone! Weill Definitely use them up eventually.

IMG_5334.JPG

Last edited:
This is A-main. This doesn’t even account for M2C, Amazon, eBay, and various other sources, and only goes back to December. And I’ve been doing this since I was 10. (I’m 46). I have packages coming to the house constantly. But I don’t drink anymore, smoke, or use any controlled substance, so this is my only real money pit outside the gun safe View attachment 308613
Winner! Post pics of your collection, sir.

Have yall ever seen Mark Santa Maria's house??
I feel like @Xjeepguy might be living about the same. Rc at every corner and rooms filled top to bottom. Thats what im imagining anyway!
(I'll add.. I am not judging for a second! I have rc Everywhere!)

I'd love to see or hear about what you've got going on Sir.🤣

I spent around 2k in 1 month this year, and the wife spent about 1000. I think we are at around that 3500 mark for the year total between us on rc stuff 😆 This is deff not typical for us though.

Last edited:
Ooookkkkkk then….🤣

First step is admitting I have a problem.

Second step is buying something that puts a smile on your face. (Today's purchase was a bit more than parts)

View attachment 308712

View attachment 308713

Would you all stop posting these beautiful freaking infraction's!! Everytime I see one I want one and have to remember i haven't got anywhere to run one! 🤣

Seriously though, thats a sweet truck, congratulations!

Well, I’m glad to see y’all are doing OK. Makes me feel better. I’m not lonely anymore. Now I know I’m not alone. The wife says every time I spend a dollar on RC stuff she gets a two dollars for a new hot tub. I think I’m falling behind you all made me laugh. Thank you.

Would you all stop posting these beautiful freaking infraction's!! Everytime I see one I want one and have to remember i haven't got anywhere to run one! 🤣

Seriously though, thats a sweet truck, congratulations!
Thank you, if you have any open parking lots in your vicinity you can run this thing. There's one for $100 less than retail in the classified section right now too. Tell the other guy on your shoulder to back off 🤪

Well, I’m glad to see y’all are doing OK. Makes me feel better. I’m not lonely anymore. Now I know I’m not alone. The wife says every time I spend a dollar on RC stuff she gets a two dollars for a new hot tub. I think I’m falling behind you all made me laugh. Thank you.

Buy her one of those Intex hot tubs man, thats what I did!! Like $400 and she was happy as could be. It started off as a joke but she's kept it goin for about 3 years now with no mention of wanting another!

Thank you, if you have any open parking lots in your vicinity you can run this thing. There's one for $100 less than retail in the classified section right now too. Tell the other guy on your shoulder to back off 🤪

Brother, I got cornfield after cornfield.. no parking lots around here except the small one at the school. I have issues with my 1/10 onroads running 40ish there. Its a 25 min drive to get to a decent enough lot.

One day maybe. I'll live through you all for now though so post lots of pics 🤣

Buy her one of those Intex hot tubs man, thats what I did!! Like $400 and she was happy as could be. It started off as a joke but she's kept it goin for about 3 years now with no mention of wanting another!

Brother, I got cornfield after cornfield.. no parking lots around here except the small one at the school. I have issues with my 1/10 onroads running 40ish there. Its a 25 min drive to get to a decent enough lot.

One day maybe. I'll live through you all for now though so post lots of pics 🤣
Hey Bustedaw11: I had a couple of old water troughs, so I cleaned them up. I’ve got a whole house on demand water heater, hooked a hose to it filled up to troughs put a table in between us got her some roses lit some candles. Got a fish tank. Air pump was one of them little bubble things in it, do it in there put some bubble bath in it had some roses tablecloth, couple glasses of wine. Then the elk showed up she jumped out of there and ran up in the house didn’t want to come out no more till the elk left, so I just sat there while that elk ate the roses , now she don’t go for it. She wants something bigger but I think I’ll take your advice and see how she does with the Intex. Thank you very much I like your style you’re hilarious.

Definitely a nickel and dime hobby, try to keep it around $100/week. Before children with full scale vehicles/toys it could be $1000/week, don’t have that kind of expendable income anymore with them parasites not providing return on investment yet 😉

Hey Bustedaw11: I had a couple of old water troughs, so I cleaned them up. I’ve got a whole house on demand water heater, hooked a hose to it filled up to troughs put a table in between us got her some roses lit some candles. Got a fish tank. Air pump was one of them little bubble things in it, do it in there put some bubble bath in it had some roses tablecloth, couple glasses of wine. Then the elk showed up she jumped out of there and ran up in the house didn’t want to come out no more till the elk left, so I just sat there while that elk ate the roses , now she don’t go for it. She wants something bigger but I think I’ll take your advice and see how she does with the Intex. Thank you very much I like your style you’re hilarious.
Its 11:27 pm. Took an edible 30 minutes ago. I read this 3 times. My conclusion? I need to go directly to bed and I am.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back