My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Dan B. You hit the nail on the head, sir. Remember the USS Liberty! Look at how many politicians have dual citizenship and who with. Tells you a lot. I couldn't agree more with the last 7 words of your last post, same to you man.
I’m also in some ways a “southern democrat.” I attribute that to living in Texas for 10 years, through high school and part of college. I’m not a “second amendment” guy, but I do own many guns and I don’t believe anybody is ever coming to take them away or repeal the second amendment. I also don’t believe that, as another member stated earlier, there will be any kind of “red dawn” moment. I would at this point be more in fear of Americans taking up arms against each other. And that would suck because as I have joked about before, I’m one of the only well armed libs I’ve ever met. 😂
I lived in the Middle East for most of my childhood, so I have a very different perspective on certain topics, states, etc. Many of my views are just simply not tolerated by your average American, and are considered untouchable taboos. It’s very unfortunate. Historical facts and objective data and views of the subject are not things that are usually accepted in the mainstream here, especially when it comes to “that” subject. As such, I’ve accepted that I’m a bit of a pariah and I’ve no wish to change that.
I don’t agree with your wish that we could speak unencumbered here. I like this forum too much to jump into hardcore political debates. I think it’s definitely better left to different forums. 🍻

I’m also in some ways a “southern democrat.” I attribute that to living in Texas for 10 years, through high school and part of college. I’m not a “second amendment” guy, but I do own many guns and I don’t believe anybody is ever coming to take them away or repeal the second amendment. I also don’t believe that, as another member stated earlier, there will be any kind of “red dawn” moment. I would at this point be more in fear of Americans taking up arms against each other. And that would suck because as I have joked about before, I’m one of the only well armed libs I’ve ever met. 😂
I lived in the Middle East for most of my childhood, so I have a very different perspective on certain topics, states, etc. Many of my views are just simply not tolerated by your average American, and are considered untouchable taboos. It’s very unfortunate. Historical facts and objective data and views of the subject are not things that are usually accepted in the mainstream here, especially when it comes to “that” subject. As such, I’ve accepted that I’m a bit of a pariah and I’ve no wish to change that.
I don’t agree with your wish that we could speak unencumbered here. I like this forum too much to jump into hardcore political debates. I think it’s definitely better left to different forums. 🍻
I know many well armed libs. :ROFLMAO: I live in the sticks, everyone has guns. On the weekend it sounds like a warzone around my place 'cause so many people target shooting. The second is what gives the whole thing teeth, and I think if they could, some would very much like to disarm Americans. I ment speak unrestricted in general, not just politics, and not just here. The internet and places such as this are the new "commons" and I am a free speech absolutist. The Middle East huh? That sounds very interesting, I'm very open minded and hunger for different points of view. I'm not so rigid I won't change my mind on thing and my views have evolved over the years as I have gained more knowledge. It sucks that most people are so dead set on their views that they refuse to even have a conversation without freaking out. I'd love to chat sometime in a more candid setting with you, you are very well spoken and seem pretty level headed.
Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Back to rants.

What the F is wrong with people driving these days?

I almost got crashed twice. Once by a truck pulling a garden trailer, he did a snappy lane change and I almost took out the trailer, but thanks to my cat like reflexes I avoided it.

The next guy (in a Tesla, big surprise) came trucking through the parking lot and almost T-boned me.
tbSXDXCJ1GXa_Qe7Bm4Znmca9DjPMqR-kOLVIj63Ky8.jpg
Hey, I'm drivin here!

Then there was some D-bag pulled out of a parking lot and stopped in the middle of a 4 lane road for absolutely no reason, the stopped at a green light, then you get the idea. ... WTF seriously?

My Dad told me about this thing they had back his day that deterred that behavior called street justice.
1714542333093.png
Now they call it assault, so I guess that feedback loop is broken.

Hey, I'm drivin here!

Then there was some D-bag pulled out of a parking lot and stopped in the middle of a 4 lane road for absolutely no reason, the stopped at a green light, then you get the idea. ... WTF seriously?

My Dad told me about this thing they had back his day that deterred that behavior called street justice.
Back to rants.

I almost got crashed twice. Once by a truck pulling a garden trailer, he did a snappy lane change and I almost took out the trailer, but thanks to my cat like reflexes I avoided it.

The next guy (in a Tesla, big surprise) came trucking through the parking lot and almost T-boned me.
Hey, I'm drivin here!

Thank you for trying to save this thread. :) like the dog by the way.

Back to rants.

Hey, I'm drivin here!

I totally agree. I don’t know what’s going on in the rest of the country, but there has been a pretty big push in the last few years here in New England to eliminate problem red-light intersections and put in roundabouts. Some people hate them, but I love them. I just wish that the morons out there would learn the protocols in using them. It’s definitely my biggest pet peeve in traffic situations and I do not hesitate to honk the horn and employ certain hand signs when people really screw up.
Seriously, there was an intersection at Exit 3 in Brattleboro, VT that used to be terrible. In heavy traffic cars would be backed up for blocks and you could register four or five red lights while you were sitting there before you got through it. After they installed a roundabout there is seldom ever a line in any direction. Roundabouts work brilliantly if the morons out there learn to use them properly.

I totally agree. I don’t know what’s going on in the rest of the country, but there has been a pretty big push in the last few years here in New England to eliminate problem red-light intersections and put in roundabouts. Some people hate them, but I love them. I just wish that the morons out there would learn the protocols in using them. It’s definitely my biggest pet peeve in traffic situations and I do not hesitate to honk the horn and employ certain hand signs when people really screw up.
Seriously, there was an intersection at Exit 3 in Brattleboro, VT that used to be terrible. In heavy traffic cars would be backed up for blocks and you could register four or five red lights while you were sitting there before you got through it. After they installed a roundabout there is seldom ever a line in any direction. Roundabouts work brilliantly if the morons out there learn to use them properly.
A lot of roundabouts going in down here in NC too, they have given up on stoplights these days. Speaking of traffic I have a PSA, TURN OFF YOU HIGH BEAMS WHEN APPROACHING ONCOMING TRAFFIC! That is all thank you.

dacbez1gri721.jpg

A lot of roundabouts going in down here in NC too, they have given up on stoplights these days. Speaking of traffic I have a PSA, TURN OFF YOU HIGH BEAMS WHEN APPROACHING ONCOMING TRAFFIC! That is all thank you.

View attachment 363927
Ain’t that the truth! I hate the guys in the trucks/suv’s that drive around in town with those LED light bars blazing, burning the retinas of other drivers as they go down the street.

Ain’t that the truth! I hate the guys in the trucks/suv’s that drive around in town with those LED light bars blazing, burning the retinas of other drivers as they go down the street.
Good point, if you lift your truck, adjust the damn headlights back where the cutoff should be

We need to bring back street justice. Starting with the loudest f##king train horn I can find🤣🤣.
I used to have a 5 note with a 5 gallon tank mounted on my regular cab short bed 2wd Sonoma when I was younger for people that pissed me off. Made 'em jump scare every time! :ROFLMAO:

I used to have a 5 note with a 5 gallon tank mounted on my regular cab short bed 2wd Sonoma when I was younger for people that pissed me off. Made 'em jump scare every time! :ROFLMAO:
I was thinking more Battle Bots style, with a flame thrower and a flipper. But you do you. :rolleyes:

The mantra around is to create congestion so people are unable to drive anywhere. The take out 1/3 of the lanes and put up plastic sticks every where. It's not only stupid, because I will gladly run them over, but it's super ugly.

1714597402379.png

They are also spending all kinds of money on removing the turn lanes. The yellow line is where the road used to be. Now the pedestrians are forced to walk in front of cars to cross the street. Safety first kids.
1714597462042.png

It would make more sense to time the traffic lights and encourage good driving behavior by rewarding people for doing the speed limit. Rather than punishing them by making it more frustrating, difficult, dangerous, chaotic and confusing. At the same time killing any emission gains from keeping the cars moving.

That had to have been a blast. I use to watch train horn videos. Cracked me up. Then ship horns. I'll always want a train horn. Around here, I know I'd have people trying to chase me down. People will do that! They have no sense. They'll even go after you if you flip the bird. If someone flips me the bird, I shrug it off, but other people? It's on! I don't get it.

Edit - I remember a woman getting mad at me for not going fast enough. She cut me off, flipping me the bird. At the intersection side by side, I flipped her off, so she pointed a gun at me lol. No joke! Just think what would happen to me if I did that kind of $h*t. I like to keep my right to carry, so I behave. Wouldn't want to anyway. Crazy out there.

Last edited:
Back