Kraton Kraton 6s V5 + upgrade journey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceRC

Maestro
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I started out looking at the brushed megas then moved up to the Granite 3S BLX and that was the plan for a while but ended up on the Kraton 6S V5. With the initial cost of everything I decided to stop there to stay within budget after an expensive Christmas. Sorry EXB, you almost had me. šŸ˜‚

Doom!, your prediction was correct, sir. I have a couple simple upgrades to start with. I plan to do my best to go over the whole thing, check diffs etc. before any run. I'm a patient guy so it'll likely sit on the bench while I tinker for awhile. I think someone said 80% of the hobby is wrenching. Gonna take my time and enjoy it.

Thanks to all you guys for building such an awesome spot to discuss these rigs and being here for the support. I'll likely need much of it. šŸ¤£

No time this morning for unpacking, had to work. We'll get to er after hours. šŸ‘

1000001871.jpg

Last edited:
You made a good choice. Ainā€™t saying the 3s or 4s lines suck, but once you try them out youā€™re going to have a 6s rig in your cart before you can say, ā€œIā€™m gonna need a second jobā€¦ā€

You made a good choice. Ainā€™t saying the 3s or 4s lines suck, but once you try them out youā€™re going to have a 6s rig in your cart before you can say, ā€œIā€™m gonna need a second jobā€¦ā€
I've been sporting a 3s for a couple years with nothing bigger or better- my bank account said no. Now I'm trying to decide if I was a financial mistake in the form of a 6s EXB, or a new 4s v2.5

So I started out looking at the bushed megas then moved up to the Granite 3S BLX and that was the plan for a while but ended up on the Kraton 6S V5. With the initial cost of everything I decided to stop there to stay within budget after an expensive Christmas. Sorry EXB, you almost had me. šŸ˜‚

Doom!, your prediction was correct, sir. I have a couple simple upgrades to start with. I plan to do my best to go over the whole thing, check diffs etc. before any run. I'm a patient guy so it'll likely sit on the bench while I tinker for awhile. I think someone said 80% of the hobby is wrenching. Gonna take my time and enjoy it.

Thanks to all you guys for building such an awesome spot to discuss these rigs and being here for the support. I'll likely need much of it. šŸ¤£

No time this morning for unpacking, had to work. We'll get to er after hours. šŸ‘

View attachment 342093
Cool! Welcome to the Kraton club

So I started out looking at the bushed megas then moved up to the Granite 3S BLX and that was the plan for a while but ended up on the Kraton 6S V5. With the initial cost of everything I decided to stop there to stay within budget after an expensive Christmas. Sorry EXB, you almost had me. šŸ˜‚

View attachment 342093
Welcome! Cape Breton Island! Very cool. Gf's from Fogo Island , Newfoundland to your north!

I only have 4- 6s rigs. They are the best by far. Pricey though. You get what you pay for. I am not looking back at all. I thought of going with a cheaper Mojave. 4s. Nice rig. But for $150 more, why not just go balls to the wall. :ROFLMAO:

I only have 4- 6s rigs. They are the best by far. Pricey though. You get what you pay for. I am not looking back at all. I thought of going with a cheaper Mojave. 4s. Nice rig. But for $150 more, why not just go balls to the wall. :ROFLMAO:
I got 2. They are by far easier to wrench on than I first expected & easier than 3s. IMO. Won't be long I'll have 3. šŸ˜†

First little add-on while I wait on the battery which got held up at customs. A surpass hobby twin fan and heatsink combo. Not sure how good these are but they seemed to be reviewed ok. Supposedly 27k RPM. Easy install, just remove roll bar on top and snap onto motor. Just tied the leads off for now.

1000001881.jpg

I'm pretty intimated by the thought of checking my center diff next. I've watched numerous videos on it though. Just gotta study the explodes and jump in I guess.

First little add-on while I wait on the battery which got held up at customs. A surpass hobby twin fan and heatsink combo. Not sure how good these are but they seemed to be reviewed ok. Supposedly 27k RPM. Easy install, just remove roll bar on top and snap onto motor. Just tied the leads off for now.

View attachment 342359

I'm pretty intimated by the thought of checking my center diff next. I've watched numerous videos on it though. Just gotta study the explodes and jump in I guess.
It'll do good. I have exactly same one on my Notorious. Keeps it cool.

View attachment 342359

Piece of cake... just pay attention to every detail as you disassemble

It'll do good. I have exactly same one on my Notorious. Keeps it cool.
Might wanna pick up couple of extra cheap fans tho. Now I remember one that came on mine, one wire snapped loose at the fan. I had a spare arrma one to throw on there & now it's mis matched šŸ˜„ but still keeps it cool. I've checked with a temp gun & it's always good after a heavy stunt session.

Wow, it has the v2 of the electronics, the gray one, where did you buy it?

Amazon Canada. Sold by Amazon though, not a marketplace seller. The ad had all the V5 electronics. I didn't even notice. I wonder if this whole rig is a V2 now? I dropped a support case on Arrma's site to see if there's anything I can do. Bummer.
Amazon Canada. Sold by Amazon though, not a marketplace seller. The ad had all the V5 electronics. I didn't even notice. I wonder if this whole rig is a V2 now? I dropped a support case on Arrma's site to see if there's anything I can do. Bummer.

1000001877.jpg

Last edited:

I don't know what that guy's going on about, that's a V5 with the latest electronics, you have the newest Kraton.

I don't know what that guy's going on about, that's a V5 with the latest electronics, you have the newest Kraton.

Thanks very much, @razorrc. I had thought for a moment with his 3 posts he was possibly a troll. Phew. Dude got me.

Last edited:
Back