Kraton Kraton 6s V5 + upgrade journey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, picked up this set of MIP drivers. 9506 I believe. Definitely recommend.
1000002453.jpg

Installed a Treal steering assembly. I'll skip the disassembly pics for this one, it's been covered enough in this thread. In the first pic, the right side of the bellcrank is not down over the bottom bearing on the post. That was fixed obviously before reassembly. ;)

1000002462.jpg

1000002463.jpg

Last edited:
How’d you like the Treal setup? I’ve heard good things about them but I’ve yet to try any of their parts.
To be honest, Dan, this one was probably superfluous. From what folks have told me they are great and it was a decent price on Amazon. I think I have a problem with enjoying working on this thing a little too much. I was waiting on those ADU parts from China and I got bored. So this one was born of boredom I think.

Hey, I'm in my happy place when doing this stuff, what can I say? :LOL:

Noticed a small issue after putting it back together. Hairline fracture in the front center brace mount. Must have tightened it down too much after one of the teardowns.
View attachment 359387

Ah well, lesson learned.
Time to get it out & run that sucker!!!

FF and FR suspension mount install.

Best way appears to be the 10 screw route. This pic circles the 8 screws on the bottom of the chassis to remove. 4 for front diff housing, 2 under FR mount, and the 2 steering post chassis screws (these will likely need heat, mine sure did). Screws to remove circled below.
1000002522.jpg

I needed one of these for the steering post screws.
1000002527.jpg

Then it's just the screw on the top going into the front brace and the servo linkage screw. After those 10 screws are removed, the whole front clip slides out neatly.
1000002515.jpg

1000002516.jpg

Remove stock FR mount and install ADU POM bushings on pins. Install new mount.
1000002517.jpg

1000002518.jpg

Remove FF mount and install POM bushings on pins.
1000002519.jpg

Install ADU FF mount.
1000002520.jpg

These parts fit nicely.
1000002521.jpg

1000002525.jpg

1000002526.jpg

While I had the basher bumper off, I thought I'd install the 3DRC TPU bumper spring I had here.
1000002524.jpg

Was pleased with the way these ADU parts fit perfectly. Hopefully, they perform as well. This was a job I had never done before and I think I learned a lot during the process.

Edit: You may notice in one profile pic of the FF mount that it shows the 3DRC bumper loop not fully screwed down into the bumper. I fixed this.

Last edited:
FF and FR suspension mount install.

Best way appears to be the 10 screw route. This pic circles the 8 screws on the bottom of the chassis to remove. 4 for front diff housing, 2 under FR mount, and the 2 steering post chassis screws (these will likely need heat, mine sure did). Screws to remove circled below.
View attachment 360123

I needed one of these for the steering post screws.
View attachment 360124

Then it's just the screw on the top going into the front brace and the servo linkage screw. After those 10 screws are removed, the whole front clip slides out neatly.
View attachment 360125
View attachment 360126

Remove stock FR mount and install ADU POM bushings on pins. Install new mount.
View attachment 360128
View attachment 360129

Remove FF mount and install POM bushings on pins.
View attachment 360130

Install ADU FF mount.
View attachment 360132

These parts fit nicely.
View attachment 360134
View attachment 360139
View attachment 360140

While I had the basher bumper off, I thought I'd install the 3DRC TPU bumper spring I had here.
View attachment 360138

Was pleased with the way these ADU parts fit perfectly. Hopefully, they perform as well. This was a job I had never done before and I think I learned a lot during the process.

Edit: You may notice in one profile pic of the FF mount that it shows the 3DRC bumper loop not fully screwed down into the bumper. I fixed this.
Dude, nice build a great thread to go along with it. Lots of very useful info. Thank you!

Dude, nice build a great thread to go along with it. Lots of very useful info. Thank you!
You got it, Dan. I try to put the stuff in here that I wish I knew or needed to know before attempting anything. I take a lot of pics along the way and just choose ones to add to the thread. I had pics of adjusting the pillow balls for the front end but thought that's better explained in a video. I hope the thread can help some others who may want to do similar stuff. (y)

You got it, Dan. I try to put the stuff in here that I wish I knew or needed to know before attempting anything. I take a lot of pics along the way and just choose ones to add to the thread. I had pics of adjusting the pillow balls for the front end but thought that's better explained in a video. I hope the thread can help some others who may want to do similar stuff. (y)
Thats what makes this forum such an awesome resource. I remember when I got my first Arrma I was like a deer in the headlights and had so much to learn it was crazy. And then I learned it all here, from great threads like yours. Very helpful!

Thats what makes this forum such an awesome resource. I remember when I got my first Arrma I was like a deer in the headlights and had so much to learn it was crazy. And then I learned it all here, from great threads like yours. Very helpful!
Hah, I hear you there. I had no idea what I was doing in January. I hit the books here though, and have since completely dismantled and reassembled my K6. I feel I can do it all comfortably now, too. This place is the Harvard of RC. :LOL:

ADU RR and RF suspension mount install.

Remove wing mount hardware and tower to tower brace. Remove wing.
1000002543.jpg

1000002544.jpg

In my case, I had the RPM front bumper/skid installed on rear, so I removed that, which removes the 4 screws holding the rear diff housing also.

Then you slide out the rear clip.
1000002545.jpg

Remove stock RF suspension mount.
1000002546.jpg

Install POM bushings on pins.
1000002547.jpg

Install ADU RF mount.
1000002548.jpg

Remove stock RR suspension mount. Add POM bushings to pins.
1000002549.jpg

Install RR ADU suspension mount.
1000002550.jpg

Reinstall RPM bumper/skid on rear.
1000002551.jpg

1000002552.jpg

1000002553.jpg

1000002554.jpg

Reinstall wing mount, connect T2T brace.
1000002555.jpg

All done.
1000002558.jpg

Recap of parts up until this point.

Surpass Hobby 27k RPM motor heatsink and fans
RPM front bumper and skid plate installed on rear
Super basher front bumper and skid plate on front
EXB aluminum rear center chassis brace
EXB aluminum front center chassis brace
Outcast tall side guards
Treal 7075 steering assembly (Bellcrank Servo Horn Linkage and bearings)
EXB aluminum servo mount
EXB aluminum front upper suspension mount
ADU 7075-T6 lower front-front aluminum suspension mount
ADU 7075-T6 lower front rear aluminum suspension mount
Arrma aluminum center differential with 200k cSt
Hot Racing aluminum center differential bearing mount
Hot Racing aluminum center differential cover
EXB front and rear aluminum shock towers
ADU 7075-T6 front steering blocks
ADU 7075-T6 rear hubs

Gonna leave it there for now and have a (hopefully) absolute blast with it this spring/summer.

The only thing I have in the pipe right now is a new custom body I'll be doing over the next few weeks. (y)

Last edited:
Back