Granite My Granite Voltage upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s what I have. It’s good. It uses the stock plastic hexes though.
I'll see how long the first set of plastic cups last. I picked up 2 extra sets for each truck. When I install the last set on each I'll order up the integy setup. Are you still on plastic diff/spur gears?

I'll see how long the first set of plastic cups last. I picked up 2 extra sets for each truck. When I install the last set on each I'll order up the integy setup. Are you still on plastic diff/spur gears?
My wife and I have been running two since February. No issues with all stock. We’ve also been very careful though with accelerations when landing and other things that would put stress on the plastic drive train.
Mine, I expect the cups to go out anytime as I’m starting to feel a little bit of play. Before it fully strips, I’m going to try repairing first. I just got some of that UV cured plastic glue stuuuff (as seen on TV!) and am curious about its limits.
I am looking at the Intergy set, it looks very sweet. But there’s other things to consider upgrading when installing that so it’ll be when I start rebuilding the car eventually.
All I know is these little trucks are a blast, fun to jump and great on most any surface (that has traction).

Yes still plastic. I’ve gone through one diff and two spur gears. I consider that perfectly acceptable considering the amount of abuse I’ve put these trucks through.

I don’t see the need to buy expensive metal gears. Honestly, if it came to that, I’d probably ditch the truck rather than spend the money. The only metal gears available cost just as much as the truck.

Yes still plastic. I’ve gone through one diff and two spur gears. I consider that perfectly acceptable considering the amount of abuse I’ve put these trucks through.

I don’t see the need to buy expensive metal gears. Honestly, if it came to that, I’d probably ditch the truck rather than spend the money. The only metal gears available cost just as much as the truck.
How long have you been running with the integy drive axles/cups? Did you have to use longer grub screws or were the ones included long enough?

I agree the metal gear sets do cost quite a bit. If they were half the price they are I think they would sell a ton of them. It still could be a fun little project depending how it goes once we get the trucks and how long we end up keeping/using them.

For now the new servos will go in once the trucks show up and I've got the extra plastic drive cups on order.

How long have you been running with the integy drive axles/cups? Did you have to use longer grub screws or were the ones included long enough?
A dozen or so runs. The included 3x3 grub screws did not work, even with thread lock. Too short. 3x4 screws with thread lock have performed perfectly.

A dozen or so runs. The included 3x3 grub screws did not work, even with thread lock. Too short. 3x4 screws with thread lock have performed perfectly.
Hopefully my order shows up before the weekend and I can take my boys out to mess around with them.

Is there a way to set the steering end points on remote? I was able to dial it in on my Granite 3S BLX but I don't see any way to do it in the manual for the Voltage.

Yes the remote can do it. One of the dials does steering trim and another does end points.
Great, thanks for the reply. I'll post in here when I get them going.

On another note I saw a video on YouTube today where a guy swapped in all of the Integy metal parts.

We got the Voltages about a week ago and so far so good. Each one got a new servo before we took them out and after a handful of sessions they're still in one piece.
They are a blast at that.

Does the DumboRC X6FG receiver work with the stock controller or you had to get a DumboRC transmitter?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back