Grom My Grom Pre-order got Cancelled!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to my LHS today and they said the Horizon release date shows tomorrow in their system so they should start showing up soon. They didn't know if they'd actually have them in hand tomorrow or not.
Which one? Hub? I put my name on one at the Richfield location, and today I called the Little Canada location and they said tomorrow.. 🤞

Which one? Hub? I put my name on one at the Richfield location, and today I called the Little Canada location and they said tomorrow.. 🤞

Yeah, Hub in Richfield. The guy said they got a bunch of stuff in today but it was still being processed, so he wasn't 100% sure if Groms were in the shipment.

I was just looking on Amain and it said something like discontinued.. I think HH is enforcing the in store only thing. All the upgrades and replacement parts mysteriously vanished from the internet too. Really weird!
My lhs still says this Thursday. We’ll see, I put my name on a green one the day they were announced.
The chassis of a typhon grom leaked but with the optional part number they should still appear. A day after it happened they pulled everything. Like if people were really pumped by the grom line...

I think HH has a very big problem
You think so??:ROFLMAO:
Agree.
I think they are pushing out most inventory to LHS's. It has a great pricepoint for Point of Presence sales. I am sure many LHS's put in for big orders because they are so inexpensive and small to easily keep inventory. And they are getting priority. LHS's betting on a big holiday push with these.
HH is all messed up still, for many many months.
Cancelling someones preorder is F#$5K up.(n) Seems HH is just all about the money grab and whom they prefer to sell to. LHS's and Influencers. They should be careful. Negative Hype is also a thing.
Just unfortunately, for many of us, Online purchases are the only option. Me included.
I'm considering one myself. I need a cheap new Toy.

Last edited:
This also punishes consumers who don’t have a local hobby shop that’s reasonably close to them, as is my case. The nearest hobby shop is over an hour away, and that’s not reasonable for me to drive 2 hours minimum to go make a pre order.

I’m hoping that small addictions website will say f u to horizon and ship then anyways, it’s how I got my TRX4-M 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I can't remember the last time I ever pre-ordered any major purchase. A preorder takes you off the market, from looking elsewhere, and locks you in to wait. Sellers know this. This harkens back to my V1 Limitless buying experience when it was first released.(n) To add insult to injury, the Lim I got was a total nightmare. I drove 6 hours to find one at a LHS. Local Brooklyn LHS played games with my Preorder for many months . Cancelled it.
The absolute worst example of Arrma Factory QC, I have ever seen with any product I have encountered, not just as an RC model. And HH would not replace it, because there were few of the Lim rollers to go around.
I don't buy into that. Either there is inventory or there is not.
I don't get in a long line to wait like sheep. Not even in stores, I walk out. Its the same thing IMHO. I don't need things THAT badly.

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I ever pre-ordered any major purchase. A preorder takes you off the market, from looking elsewhere, and locks you in to wait. Sellers know this. This harkens back to my V1 Limitless buying experience when it was first released.(n) To add insult to injury, the Lim I got was a total nightmare. The absolute worst example of Arrma Factory QC, I have ever seen with any product I have encountered, not just as an RC model.
I don't buy into that. Either there is inventory or there is not.
I don't get in a long line to wait like sheep. Not even in stores, I walk out. Its the same thing IMHO. I don't need things THAT badly.

I usually won't pre order either, but I went for it this time.

Early released Arrma stuff tends to have more issues. Not always. But from my experience, got burned too many times. I'll let the dust settle a few months into the production run first.
On a "good" day, China builds these way too fast, with little if any attention to detail, so QC if any even existent, is always poor anyway.
Add this this being a new model, the factory is "rushing" these for sure, for HH, for the holidays.

Last edited:
Early released Arrma stuff tends to have more issues. Not always. But from my experience, got burned too many times. I'll let the dust settle a few months into the production run first.
On a "good" day, China builds these way to fast, with little if any attention to detail, so QC if even exsitent, is always poor anyway.
Add this this being a new model, the factory is "rushing" these for sure, for HH, for the holidays.

To be fair, this is a much smaller model with less parts overall. If these 1/18 groms are that fiddlesticked up from the factory, Arrma needs to find a new manufacturer.

You WILL get a lemon when there are products being mass produced, it’s going to happen. I get your limitless v1 was a lemon, and you expect to get a working product.

But you just can’t sit there and tell me you expect any mass produced product to never have any issues. Issues will happen, and guess what? It’s okay. Because at the end of the day, these are toys. Optional items. We don’t have to buy them. We WANT to buy them. If you can’t justify the want, due to price, quality, or some other reason, then don’t bother.

Don’t mean to sound rude. Just making a statement. Take it as you will.

Duly noted....:rolleyes:
Thanks for the education.
I feel better now that you splained it.
9 Arrma's later and 19 RC's in all. How I see things. (y)

I try to never buy the version 1 of anything. I want a Gorgon. But I will wait till the Brushless, 4x4 version comes out. If not oh well, I can run my Hoss. :cool: 🏁:rolleyes:

Duly noted....:rolleyes:
Thanks for the education.
I feel better now that you splained it.
9 Arrma's later and 19 RC's in all. How I see things. (y)

Personal Experience, whats that? 🙂

I try to never buy the version 1 of anything. I want a Gorgon. But I will wait till the Brushless, 4x4 version comes out. If not oh well, I can run my Hoss. :cool: 🏁:rolleyes:

That chassis won't allow for a 4x4 model. Hoss? Send it!

i don't know where i saw this, but on HHs website (again somewhere i don't know) it said it would be available after the 1st of next year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back