My HBX FRAUD F150th build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saladshooter, I did open up my front diff, and there was definitely no differential fluid in there, but it was well-greased. Because of that, and the lack of any o-rings or gaskets, I'm going to forego the diff fluid and just re-grease with some quality grease.

I've now got the same 15mm hex extenders and wheels / tires you have on yours... so I can't wait to try it out once it's buttoned back up.

With the larger wheels and tires did you have to change your diff? Or did you have any issues running this setup? Thanks a lot, looking to upgrade my tires as well but ready online that it may burn out the diff. Thanks & take care

With the larger wheels and tires did you have to change your diff? Or did you have any issues running this setup? Thanks a lot, looking to upgrade my tires as well but ready
I've had no problem with the differentials yet and it's my 5 year old son who drives it off the BMX ramp all day. I did open the differentials and made sure they were full. OEM replacement diffs are pretty inexpensive if it came to that and parts tend to be even cheaper.

Last edited:
I've broken (well, my son has...) a front diff outdrive cup after ramming it nearly full speed into a stone flowerbed border, but we've yet to break any teeth or have a diff go out. These diffs seem pretty durable... though I do have replacements in hand just in case.

I've broken (well, my son has...) a front diff outdrive cup after ramming it nearly full speed into a stone flowerbed border, but we've yet to break any teeth or have a diff go out. These diffs seem pretty durable... though I do have replacements in hand just in case.
You can switch to mjx hyper go thick CVDs and beefy outdrives using the stock diffs if you want

Back