Mojave My wife purchased me a Mojave 6s, I just found out it's a V1...At $580 should I return it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spider978

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife purchased me a Mojave 6s. I was so excited I left it in my garage for a week before opening only to find out it was a v1 with the crappy radio. I called the store back and he said he would take it back, but suggested for me to call Arrma direct and see what they would offer me if anything since it's an older unit, and that they may offer some sort of discount on current electronics. This unit cost me $580 plus tax, should I return it?

I'd probably just keep it and use it. Msrp for the rtr v1 are still being sold for $629. If you know someone that owns an RC shop you can get them a little cheaper though.

Arrma won’t do anything for you unless you are experiencing issues with the radio. Fortunately the Mojave got the least amount of changes between V1/V2 (no new chassis) but I think the V2 has rubber sealed bearings versus the V1.

The BLX185 in the V1 does not have the braking strength and BEC voltage adjustability that the Firma 150 has. The nice thing about the V1 is the servo horn is 25T so when the servo blows up it will fit aftermarket servos without needing a new horn (the V3 is 23T).

So you saved about $50 which would buy you a new radio and rubber sealed bearings.
Personally I would want the new one because I am invested in the Spektrum radio system and the SR315 receiver allows me to move up to the DX5 and changing out bearings, while not hard, is time consuming.

Last edited:
Don't expect your wife to get you another one if you aren't grateful for this one. The V1 is an awesome rig. And the radio is not as horrible as people make them out to be. Unless you have iPhone syndrome and have to have the latest, there is really not much reason to return it. You will still get a lot of bang for the buck. I love mine.

Don't expect your wife to get you another one if you aren't grateful for this one. The V1 is an awesome rig. And the radio is not as horrible as people make them out to be. Unless you have iPhone syndrome and have to have the latest, there is really not much reason to return it. You will still get a lot of bang for the buck. I love mine.
Agreed.

I would run it today, have fun, and if you are in the US or Canada Horizon Hobby will sort you of you have a problem. They are very good about warranty if you have a problem. Get your truck on the road and the just turn the steering wheel and see if it reacts quickly or if there is a significant delay. If you notice a delay take a video of your controller and the truck (on a smooth surface that is easy to turn on) so you can see see it and the call HH tomorrow and ask them to replace it with the SLT3. If you have a problem I think HH will take care of you, but they aren’t going to replace a new radio because the Internet says it sucks.

I had a DumboRC X6A already when I bought my Notorious V4 so I didn’t bother with the STX2 at all. I keep meaning to test it. Thanks for the inspiration, today is the day!

Guys I really want to say, Thank You, for the feedback. Since the covid, I've jumped back into this hobby, so much has changed and really appreciate the advice. In 4 months, I've purchased Big Rock latest version, 6s Kraton (I love this thing!), Infraction v2, X Maxx, and Redcat Kaiju, and now Mojave. It's fun coming back to a passion I've had, since my dad first showed me as a kid. Married with 3 kids now, I've been able to show my kids and now they're hooked. This is my first forum I've joined and you guys rock! Sorry for the long response but I just wanted to share that with you guys. Without bias I'm drawn to Arrma. Bash on guys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back