Typhon Need Help Deciding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devito1993

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so try not to crucify me ?.

I am trying to decide on a direction to go with my Typhon 6s. it is the newest version, and I am more just looking for clarification for what I am trying to do.

I know there are other post like this, however, I am not finding the information I am looking for. I am wanting to truggify or make it into more of an outcast/notorious hybrid and I am just looking for more of the pro's and con's of each. I know people do both, but is one naturally "better"? Or is doing the arms, hubs, and axles, from the kraton overkill and not going to make a difference?

Also I am not sure I am am missing something, but when I was looking for A-arms, it does not look like RPM makes them for the 6s? Do people replace the upper and lower arms? The stock ones are currently fine, but I am the type of person who just wants to do it right the first time, so I would rather just upgrade now. That is why I am sort of leaning towards the hybrid build because I know I could get the right parts.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to decide on a direction to go with my Typhon 6s. it is the newest version, and I am more just looking for clarification for what I am trying to do.

I know there are other post like this, however, I am not finding the information I am looking for. I am wanting to truggify or make it into more of an outcast/notorious hybrid and I am just looking for more of the pro's and con's of each. I know people do both, but is one naturally "better"? Or is doing the arms, hubs, and axles, from the kraton overkill and not going to make a difference?

Also I am not sure I am am missing something, but when I was looking for A-arms, it does not look like RPM makes them for the 6s? Do people replace the upper and lower arms? The stock ones are currently fine, but I am the type of person who just wants to do it right the first time, so I would rather just upgrade now. That is why I am sort of leaning towards the hybrid build because I know I could get the right parts.
RPM doesn't make Typhon 6S arms because they really aren't needed. If you want to trugify, go with Kraton hexes, hubs and stubs. Then run MX28 tires.

RPM doesn't make Typhon 6S arms because they really aren't needed. If you want to trugify, go with Kraton hexes, hubs and stubs. Then run MX28 tires.
Thank you for the reply.

I guess that makes sense. Is there any added benefit to using the Kraton arms or no?

Thank you for the reply.

I guess that makes sense. Is there any added benefit to using the Kraton arms or no?
No. They don't work well with the Typhon shock towers or shocks. And if you change those you basically have an outcast.

I probably won't go that route then. Is it worth it to do the metal hubs?
I have them but on the Typhon you really don't need them. The Typhon is really stout due to the short arms. I beat the crap out of mine.

I have them but on the Typhon you really don't need them. The Typhon is really stout due to the short arms. I beat the crap out of mine.
Is this the part number for the stubs that you were talking about? AR310590

Is this the part number for the stubs that you were talking about? AR310590
You need:
AR310590 CVD axle (front)
AR330505 composite steering block (front)
AR310484 wheel hex (you need 4 total)
AR310591 wheel axle (rear)
AR330404 hub rear

Thank you! Would you recommend changing diff oil?
If you trugify I would go heavier. Mine isn't trugified at the moment and I can't remember what I used. I'd try something like 50k front, 200k center and 30k rear.

If you trugify I would go heavier. Mine isn't trugified at the moment and I can't remember what I used. I'd try something like 50k front, 200k center and 30k rear.
Thank you for all of your help. Do the bearing from the typhon hubs work or do I need a bearing kit too?

Hi Everyone,

Dude Notorious is the way to go ! Beast on 6s and tuff as nails BLX V4 or Kraton but full on wheeles with Notorious

Dude Notorious is the way to go ! Beast on 6s and tuff as nails BLX V4 or Kraton but full on wheeles with Notorious
I have an orange Outcast 6s as well as the typhon. I absolutely love it. I got a typhon 6s for a really good price, but I think I would like it more truggified. I know it basically turns it into an Outcast, however, I don't do any track driving or anything so the buggy style isn't super important.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back