Granite Need Replacement Receiver / ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewiem16

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Son’s esc/receiver combo completely fried and went full throttle and sent the truck into a thornbush. New ones are on back order, and I’m afraid it will just break again anyway. I never intend to go brushless. Old threads mention compatible receivers, but they are impossible to find.

Anyone have any ideas how to replace everything and keep this price down low? Keeping the original transmitter is an option.

Thanks in advance!

Son’s esc/receiver combo completely fried and went full throttle and sent the truck into a thornbush. New ones are on back order, and I’m afraid it will just break again anyway. I never intend to go brushless. Old threads mention compatible receivers, but they are impossible to find.

Anyone have any ideas how to replace everything and keep this price down low? Keeping the original transmitter is an option.

Thanks in advance!
Are you in the US?

Thanks in advance!
Try Jennys RC ..... dunno if they have what ya need.... hard to find cheaper if they do

Let me dig through my parts boxes. There’s a good chance I have the stock transmitter and two in one unit from one of my voltages packed away. Should be able to look for it tomorrow. Shoot me a PM meanwhile.

https://jennysrc.com/products/copy-...-wheelie-bar-mega-big-rock-crew-cab-ara4302v3

Are you suggesting starting with this tx/rx combo and building off of that? I know I’ll need a new servo, servo saver, and brushed esc.
Looking at this matter closer, as I do not own a mega .....

If it is a brushed esc/receiver combo, as in not separate pieces, but one housing contains both the receiver and esc...... probably not.

You would end up putting $$$$$ into the rig......

See if @Velodromed can help you out...... if he can, that would be the best way.....

Too bad Jennys doesn't have what you are looking for

Lol the more I keep reading into this, if I’m replacing everything anyway I might go brushless. I’d take my combo unit off of mine and give it to my son while I upgrade mine to brushless for now. This is honestly fast enough running on a 2S LIPo with everything else all stock. The last thing I want to do it start shredding through gears. What do you guys suggest looking into for esc/motor using 2S lipos without increasing the speed?

Just for kicks I went to Arrma site....Mega 550 brushed ESC for Granite

both are in stock

part ARA390288
- or -
part ARAM1005

both listed at $35.

don't know if that helps..... if either looks like what you have, its a start....

But I still would check out if Velodromed could put something together for you
Lol the more I keep reading into this, if I’m replacing everything anyway I might go brushless. I’d take my combo unit off of mine and give it to my son while I upgrade mine to brushless for now. This is honestly fast enough running on a 2S LIPo with everything else all stock. The last thing I want to do it start shredding through gears. What do you guys suggest looking into for esc/motor using 2S lipos without increasing the speed?

That......is a good question for someone other than me......

If you do you’ll go down a rabbit hole of chasing drivetrain repairs. My favorite upgrade, after trying/failing with brushless, was a 540 brushed motor and mega esc/servo and kimberough servo saver.
If you do you’ll go down a rabbit hole of chasing drivetrain repairs. My favorite upgrade, after trying/failing with brushless, was a 540 brushed motor and mega esc/servo from a brushed Granite and kimberough servo saver. That car got stolen recently though.
I detailed all the fun in this thread:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...conversion-velo’s-learning-curve-build.39035/
I haven’t had a chance to look through my parts yet. Will tomorrow though so hang tight.

Last edited:
Hey bud, I’ve got a complete set of electrics plus shocks and nimh battery if you want them, just cover the postage from Texas please. I’m pretty sure this is the set that came from the voltage I didn’t run stock, I immediately started upgrading it. So they should be pretty much new.

PM me your address if you’d like them and be patient, won’t get to the post office till Tuesday or Wednesday.

706455BB-E108-48A9-A9EC-3BED97A6C49A.jpeg

Holy crap! I just finished reading through that build thread and didn’t even realize it was you that did it lol. I like the idea of staying brushed, less likely for things to break. I’m going to look through your post again to figure out how much all those parts would cost (esc/ radio /servo etc) and see if it’s worth the cost of the upgrade.

Thank you for looking and finding those parts! I’d hate to take everything, I’ve already upgraded the shocks and have double chargers for the lipos and such. Save those parts for someone else in need! I’d only take the esc combo. Let me think about it over Easter tomorrow.

Thanks again for everything!

Holy crap! I just finished reading through that build thread and didn’t even realize it was you that did it lol. I like the idea of staying brushed, less likely for things to break. I’m going to look through your post again to figure out how much all those parts would cost (esc/ radio /servo etc) and see if it’s worth the cost of the upgrade.

Thank you for looking and finding those parts! I’d hate to take everything, I’ve already upgraded the shocks and have double chargers for the lipos and such. Save those parts for someone else in need! I’d only take the esc combo. Let me think about it over Easter tomorrow.

Thanks again for everything!
You’re welcome man! Whatever you need you’re welcome to. I already gave away the stock electrics from my other two voltages to people that needed them, so all is good.

Yeah that was my first build thread. Those little cars taught me so much. Since then I’ve built up four 3S cars and just finished building a 6s Notorious from the ground up. I spend at least 3 to 4 times more working on the cars then driving them. It’s my therapy, keeps me from going goofy and helps my mind stay sharp.

If you want to upgrade the electrics, the stock SLT3 radio is great and you can get it off Jennysrc.com for less than 20 bucks. Problem is they don’t include the receiver anymore which kind of sucks. One of those costs like 15 bucks or so increasing the cost of 35. Instead I would suggest getting a Dumbo receiver and transmitter for 40 bucks off of Amazon or eBay. You can connect more than one model to it and it’s one of the best ones out there considering how cheap it is. I have two and they are great.

I would go with a Hobbywing brushed esc, those are pretty decent and there’s one on Amazon for 25 bucks. For the motor I would just go with a 12 turn Injora like below. The stock voltage servo and servo saver are pretty bad. The below servo is good but you’ll also need a new servo saver because Arrmas have 23T and most normal ones are 25T. Kimbrough servo savers are excellent.

Just keep it mine it’s really easy to spend too much money on these little cars And they definitely have limitations. If you want to get serious with the Hobby it’s best to get a good brushless vehicle like a Granite or big rock. I spent way too much money on the voltages but I was paying to learn while having fun basically.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have bud and good luck!

960EDD6E-506C-4568-988A-D055EC2B9BC8.png

A2CC11E4-0695-44A3-91C2-C2EEE3A96DCB.png

84C75F4C-B74A-4B7C-A9E9-6862DFCFD31C.png

135E698B-4AD8-4375-BECE-B3BE02E57EB2.png

Thanks for list of replacement parts! This is pretty much the limits of this hobby for us. Just the right price to tinker, fix, and bash without going too extreme. Kids have too many hobbies lol

I looked late last night of JennysRC and just happen to find that SLT3 Radio as a set for $23, a Dynamite Brushed ESC for $21 and that servo for a tad more, but itl be bulletproof and shouldnt require a new servo saver for $20. What do you think?

Happy Easter!

53CF373A-0D72-4004-A573-C16C2668A72B.jpeg

C3C0FC1A-36D7-417B-ACF2-F71BFA638978.jpeg

DF1576CA-BAFE-42A5-BF9D-723B7424DF6D.jpeg

To me, it looks like you two have found the best contenders for the money......

I have the Arrma transmitter and the Dumbo RC setup.....

Other than that, I do not have any other components mentioned......

For what you are looking.to do, and what you are hoping to accomplish, what you found and what Velodromed suggested are wise choices.....

See what Velodromed. says in response.....he has a lot more experience in this area than I .....

You did well in your inquiry and search !

Thanks for list of replacement parts! This is pretty much the limits of this hobby for us. Just the right price to tinker, fix, and bash without going too extreme. Kids have too many hobbies lol

I looked late last night of JennysRC and just happen to find that SLT3 Radio as a set for $23, a Dynamite Brushed ESC for $21 and that servo for a tad more, but itl be bulletproof and shouldnt require a new servo saver for $20. What do you think?

Happy Easter!

View attachment 212452

View attachment 212453

View attachment 212454
Yeah man you did great!

Yeah man you did great!
Really? Nice! Going to order them later then. Also going to grab that motor you suggested from
Amazon. Shouldn’t run hotter or blow gears right? Not looking to increase chances of other things breaking lol

Really? Nice! Going to order them later then. Also going to grab that motor you suggested from
Amazon. Shouldn’t run hotter or blow gears right? Not looking to increase chances of other things breaking lol
As long as you don’t overdo it. Gotta let the motor rest at times. Keep an eye on temperatures. It should not increase the risk of breaking other parts. To help ensure this, stay away from high traction heavy tires also. The lightweight stock ones are perfect honestly. You really don’t need that powerful of a servo. The s651 for the 3S line is perfect for the Voltage. Probably 10 or 11 bucks also. Make sure you keep the front snap on steering rods. The way they pop off at impact saves the hubs from cracking.

If you ever open up the car and access the differential (have to take the whole damn thing apart to get to it) make sure you fill it with 10K. They come mostly empty. Doesn’t matter as much with these cars like it does with the 3s line but still, it helps the rear wheels track better.

As long as you don’t overdo it. Gotta let the motor rest at times. Keep an eye on temperatures. It should not increase the risk of breaking other parts. To help ensure this, stay away from high traction heavy tires also. The lightweight stock ones are perfect honestly. You really don’t need that powerful of a servo. The s651 for the 3S line is perfect for the Voltage. Probably 10 or 11 bucks also. Make sure you keep the front snap on steering rods. The way they pop off at impact saves the hubs from cracking.

If you ever open up the car and access the differential (have to take the whole damn thing apart to get to it) make sure you fill it with 10K. They come mostly empty. Doesn’t matter as much with these cars like it does with the 3s line but still, it helps the rear wheels track better.
Just pulled the trigger on the stuff from Jenny’sRC. Swapped out that steering servo for the S651 like you suggested.

Got the motor from Amazon and now I’m lookin for a receiver box to keep it clean and dry!

I’ll keep you all posted how it goes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back