Kraton Need some advice on extending motor wire's.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG*GOBLIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
So with my new setup the A wire coming off my Max6 motor is just a little bit to short to plug it in safely without worrying something might happen to it. What's the best way to make it a few inches longer 🤣🫣?
I've watched a few vids on different methods of splicing and then soldering together, but maybe someone here can tell me what works best. Pic is just butting up the two ends and getting a lot of solder on both.

Thanks 🙏
PXL_20230226_012531927.MP.jpg

So with my new setup the A wire coming off my Max6 motor is just a little bit to short to plug it in safely without worrying something might happen to it. What's the best way to make it a few inches longer 🤣🫣?
I've watched a few vids on different methods of splicing and then soldering together, but maybe someone here can tell me what works best. Pic is just butting up the two ends and getting a lot of solder on both.

Thanks 🙏View attachment 281120

That doesn't look like you gotten it Hot enough..
It's going to come apart.

What soldering iron are you using currently?

To know that you got the right temperature, the solder would actually flow easily into the separate strands of wires as soon as you put the solder onto those cables after you heated them up adequately.

I would used an 100W gun type soldering unit to get wires that thick.

I was able to push a lot of solder in. This was just a practice run to see what would happen. Machine starts at 392F and goes up to almost 900F. I had it at 750F. If I wanted to make the cable longer I would just splice in a longer piece? Or just make solder joint with a new bullet on the other end?
PXL_20230226_015209388.MP.jpg

I was able to push a lot of solder in. This was just a practice run to see what would happen. Machine starts at 392F and goes up to almost 900F. I had it at 750F. If I wanted to make the cable longer I would just splice in a longer piece? Or just make solder joint with a new bullet on the other end?
View attachment 281128

Alright.
You got this!
Perhaps use a broader tip to transfer the heat Faster..

Ah yeah, I was using the pointed tip one but I have a few different tips. Thanks Tex👍

Glad to help.

Yes, once you put on the right tip it'll make soldering those thick wires a breeze 🦖

I like to "mesh" the wires together for a really solid connection. Harder to keep the small strands down though. Careful on applying too much solder, one job I thought... This wire is just taking in all in! Yea... about 2cm the wire was solid, :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back