Need some help… USB Mini B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal_killer

Bash/Break/Fix/REPEAT 🤣
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
Okay so I have a USB mini B just like this picture
I keep coming up empty handed. I’m looking to just use a dongle?!? To go from this to at least a usb C…

Reason why is I’m not interested in buying close to 200$ media hub for my car. Since I switched out factory radios to gain apple car play. In order I need a dongle or I need to change out the older media hub to a newer version at $200.. I keep looking for a few minutes at a time. But with working nonstop I don’t have enough time to look. So if any tech savvy guy can help me out that’s awesome

2FD4B054-16B5-4734-AE8F-E8AF78FD62A2.png

Pic of your USB drive..?
Looks just like this. Only use it if there’s a update for the radio… since it’s hard to explain. 2012 to 2016 had sync 2 radio… powered by Microsoft…. 2013 sync 3 was released and os QNX… and it’s able to be updated via ford or even better jail broken 😂
5926F5E8-ED91-4A94-86ED-51F4F88828B6.jpeg

Looks just like this. Only use it if there’s a update for the radio… since it’s hard to explain. 2012 to 2016 had sync 2 radio… powered by Microsoft…. 2013 sync 3 was released and os QNX… and it’s able to be updated via ford or even better jail broken 😂
View attachment 282291

Okay.
So you mainly want to connect this into that mini USB B cable , correct?

If so, then you need to go this route..
Use this >
1677736901567.png

Then use this >
1677736994281.png

To connect your USB drive.

BUT there's no guarantee that the car radio has no circuitry built-in to detect such jimmy-rigging and negate it from working.
Because them greedy manufacturers want their sweet High markup $200 gizmo sales/bonuses....

Last edited:
Okay.
So you mainly want to connect this into that mini USB B cable , correct?

If so, then you need to go this route..
Use this >
View attachment 282292

Then use this >
View attachment 282293

To connect your USB drive.

BUT there's no guarantee that the car radio has no circuitry built-in to detect such jimmy-rigging and negate it from working.
Because them greedy manufacturers want their sweet High markup $200 gizmo sales/bonuses....
Sort of... But i just shelled that the money. Ended up paying $88 bucks because of the discount from my work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back