Touring Car Folks, I Need Some Advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
In all the years I’ve been in this hobby, I’ve owned an old HPI nitro touring car, and two Tamiya kits (TT02, TT01e). I ran the HPI once, back in 04, then sold it, and my Tamiyas are both shelf cars. So that’s the extent of my experience with touring cars.

So I bought this:
IMG_1661.png

I’ve been waiting months for it to come back in stock, and got the email the other day and ordered it. As you can see, it’s already out of stock again lol.

My question is about setup. I have several 1/10 scale motor/ESC combos laying around, but they’re all 4000kv. Is that too excessive for a touring car? I’m thinking 2s, maybe some 3s speed runs, but mainly just bombing around parking lots, maybe a little drifting. Also what’s a good starting shock oil weight? I’m a total noob at these cars, and I’d like to just set it up and have minimal tweaking. Thanks in advance.

I've had my eye on that platform for quite some time now. Once all the holiday shenanigans are over, I'll probably buy one early next year. I'm not sure of that chassis kit comes with the plastic or aluminum center driveshaft, but I have read it's recommended to upgrade to the aluminum shaft if you plan on running 3s. The plastic shift wobbles and makes noise on 3s. Sorry I couldn't offer you much more info about how to actually set one up. Check this video out, may be of some use to ya 👍

I've had my eye on that platform for quite some time now. Once all the holiday shenanigans are over, I'll probably buy one early next year. I'm not sure of that chassis kit comes with the plastic or aluminum center driveshaft, but I have read it's recommended to upgrade to the aluminum shaft if you plan on running 3s. The plastic shift wobbles and makes noise on 3s. Sorry I couldn't offer you much more info about how to actually set one up. Check this video out, may be of some use to ya 👍
Thanks for the vid. The one I ordered is the kit with the aluminum center shaft standard. It’s a heck of a deal with the upgrades for $130. Plus, I have plenty of spares for my Mad Van that will fit it. I love the Fazer platform, which is why I held out for months to get this one. No brushed stuff or RTR radio to get rid of, and I can run any 190mm-200mm body.

Thanks for the vid. The one I ordered is the kit with the aluminum center shaft standard. It’s a heck of a deal with the upgrades for $130. Plus, I have plenty of spares for my Mad Van that will fit it. I love the Fazer platform, which is why I held out for months to get this one. No brushed stuff or RTR radio to get rid of, and I can run any 190mm-200mm body.

That's a heck of a deal..
I didn't realize.

Thanks for sharing. 👍

Wow thx for posting this vid.ive been looking for a platform for a body I picked up not to long ago.i painted it and it's ready .I never bought anything from Amain 🤷.I'll have to check them out and see which platform would fit my cover.heres a pic of that cover I got ready👍

IMG_20231020_223137179.jpg

IMG_20231020_223230949.jpg

That's a heck of a deal..
I didn't realize.

Thanks for sharing. 👍
Yes it is .I'll definitely be checking them soon .👍

Can't wait to see what you do with it, keep us posted!
Wow thx for posting this vid.ive been looking for a platform for a body I picked up not to long ago.i painted it and it's ready .I never bought anything from Amain 🤷.I'll have to check them out and see which platform would fit my cover.heres a pic of that cover I got ready👍

View attachment 339002

View attachment 339003

Yes it is .I'll definitely be checking them soon .👍
Wow, those wheels & that body came out excellent!

Can't wait to see what you do with it, keep us posted!

Wow, those wheels & that body came out excellent!
Thank you so much😁👍 I appreciate it .feel bad because it's been sitting on my shelf for about a little over a month ,and it took a bit to decide what colors to go with and I decided to use a candy apple red and I airbrushed the wheels and shaded edges and corners of the body metallic black .and backed it all with a gold backing.i haven't been able to find a platform for it .it's a 1/10 scale body and wheels .I'm definitely excited now .just want make it into a drifter.which I'm not to familiar with..any advice I would be very thankful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back