New 1/5 outcast exb looks sick.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't hold your breath for the 4s or new Talion / Outcast, I don't think Arrma have any say anymore and HH call all the shots..!!
I love my Arrma's, but recently they (Arrma) suck what with covid parts shortage and all. I've given up looking forward to any new releases this year 😩
And don't even start me on how bad HH are in the UK..!!!😉
it wont be long don,t you worry ;)

I was very disappointed to wake up to this announcement. I have no interest in the 1/5 scale rigs.

Then why comment?

the mueller report see GIF

All this time I thought you were into the bigger stuff. Hehe.
I don’t hate it. I just don’t have the space for it. My two car garage is already 1/4 full of RC cars. If I had land and a decent sized out building, I would consider owning a 1/5 scale. But bigger isn’t always better. I have seen the 1/5 run in person and they seemed slow and lazy. So much easier to put more power into the 1/8-1/7 scale rigs.

I’m gettin’ tired of waiting for the 4s line … once my moving situation is settled I will be making a mini k6… it’ll be a “swb” 6s setup.. except I’ll use a k4 body and senton towers to get the short stubby and then 2.8 tires… should be a hoot.
Definitely the way to go over the 4s Kraton if you can swing the coin.

56EB8980-71F8-4E7D-A254-B9DBC9F12304.jpeg

What’s this one consist of? Is there a build thread for it ? Looks great :)

It started out as a used blue 6s typhon (v3?). I trugified it the old way (no Mojave arms in 2018) and added Senton 6s mounts to typhon towers. Also ran it with a tower to tower brace and ford truck body.
Once the 4s rigs came out I wanted the smaller Kraton body. I made the mounts and widened it with extended hexes to get the proper width. The wing mount is the low profile 6s one with the 4s wing blocked up maybe a 1/4” to get it just above the towers.
Future plans are to add the lightweight m2c chassis and make carbon towers, bracing, suspension mounts and steering plate. Also want to get rid of the wide hexes and use Mojave arms and cvd axles. Talion shocks would be nice too. I think I have Kraton fronts on the rear now. I get mixed up on what I have where...
Size and weight is very close to the k4s. The body fits perfect once you get the mounts and wing to work right.
Here’s the old build thread. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/trugified-typhon-in-bash-mode.8328/

I don’t hate it. I just don’t have the space for it. My two car garage is already 1/4 full of RC cars. If I had land and a decent sized out building, I would consider owning a 1/5 scale. But bigger isn’t always better. I have seen the 1/5 run in person and they seemed slow and lazy. So much easier to put more power into the 1/8-1/7 scale rigs.
My X-Maxx Outcast and EXB K8S are anything but slow and lazy with my giant electronics. They are all 50mph plus trucks even on dirt/grass. Double backflips? No problem. Small jump and a backflip? No problem. I guess it depends on the electronics that you have in them, the batteries and gearing. Yeah, out of the box, my Outcast 8s was pretty anemic with the stock ESC and motor indeed.

My X-Maxx Outcast and EXB K8S are anything but slow and lazy with my giant electronics. They are all 50mph plus trucks even on dirt/grass. Double backflips? No problem. Small jump and a backflip? No problem. I guess it depends on the electronics that you have in them, the batteries and gearing. Yeah, out of the box, my Outcast 8s was pretty anemic with the stock ESC and motor indeed.
Yeah pretty sure the ones I’ve seen were pretty stock. That and the arms breaking, shocks bending, and other issues just seems like they might be too big and heavy for the design. Not hating, just not my thing.

Yeah pretty sure the ones I’ve seen were pretty stock. That and the arms breaking, shocks bending, and other issues just seems like they might be too big and heavy for the design. Not hating, just not my thing.
I rarely break an arm. With the new EXB shocks the shock shafts bending and shock rod ends breaking have been resolved, even with huge jumps. I've only broken two front arms after many many jumps with both the 08S and EXB K8S. I've broken a couple of hinge pins. No big deal. M2C chassis solve the bending problem. The new thicker EXB links don't bend. But yeah, it takes way more money to make the 8s line tanks, but worth it to me. 😂👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back