Kraton New aluminum gearbox case only $60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bulkheads are something I never upgraded. Isn’t it good to break a 10$ part instead of everything else? Have to admit they look pretty cool though.

If you learn how to torque screws into plastic and understand that right after 'tight' comes loose and that this is the only cause for broken diff cases you can probably get by with 1 case every 2 seasons. At this cost it would be ~ 10 years until you break even.
There are exceptions where a real bad landing will crack the case but if you had an alu housing it would be damaged as well or cause other havoc.

Get the M2C hingepin kit (or voltage hobbies or or or) that takes most of the damage away from the diff case and you will solve several issues at once.
By all means they do look shiny, if that is what you want.

Just my opinion.

I was just looking at the integy ones before I saw this thread. I might try them on the Infraction. On road doesn't need the hardest alloy and I take pride on not crashing. The alloy will allow smooth bearing action and eazy shimming. IMHO

Those generics look like GPMs version where you need to remove the chassis bolts to get to the diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back