New ARRMA TLR RTR...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skidmarx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Interested in the ARRMA TLR RTR. Was told that if you don't use a Spectrum Battery you won't get any telemetry and wondering if that true?

Also ARRMA shows the battery tray accommodates batteries up to 1.89 in (48mm) wide - 6.22 in (158mm) long and 2.76 in (70mm) high.
The Spectrum Battery I'm interested in is the SPMX50006S100 which shows its size as 1.81 in. (46mm) wide - 5.59 in. (142mm) long and 2.2 in. (56mm) high.
Though the Horizon Hobby site doesn't show this batter listed under batteries to use it should work in the ARRMA TLR RTR correct?

I know this battery isn't a hard-case battery but other batteries Horizon Hobby show aren't either. Not sure why HH doesn't show more batteries for this vehicle.

Thank you

I think majority of people here would tell you not to waste money on a spektrum battery. :ROFLMAO:
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I think majority of people here would tell you not to waste money on a spektrum battery. :ROFLMAO:
I think the majority of people here would tell you not to waste money on Spektrum ANYTHING...My rule of thumb is if it's orange REMOVE IMMEDIATELY!!! Don't even waste time trying to make it work. It may work INITIALLY but EVENTUALLY you're gonna need to move on to something better and more reliable...I say this from my personal experience. I lost about 3 to 4 months of hobby enjoyment effing around with Spektrum garbage.

Yes they do give me good power. Thank you. Have several 3s and 4s Armma trucks that are Armma powered with no issues. Now for the one Traxxas?? There are several reason we have only one Traxxas. Electronics is one big reason. One thing about forums, So easy for users to have personnel agendas and no one knows. Seen it for many, many years. General why I get burned out on forums after a bit. To much negativity and personal agendas. Anything man made will fail. The test is how well they are stood behind.

Yes they do give me good power. Thank you. Have several 3s and 4s Armma trucks that are Armma powered with no issues. Now for the one Traxxas?? There are several reason we have only one Traxxas. Electronics is one big reason. One thing about forums, So easy for users to have personnel agendas and no one knows. Seen it for many, many years. General why I get burned out on forums after a bit. To much negativity and personal agendas. Anything man made will fail. The test is how well they are stood behind.
No agendas here. I’d just rather spend my money on a better product for less money. But if it works for ya then great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back