NEW AXIAL 1/6th scale crawler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To big for me, storage is an issue already, and after market parts for it will be non existent. But it looks nice.
^^^ Agree completely. 1/10 Crawlers can cost a bundle already to get them to perform properly, and are more mainstream as Crawlers go.
The main reason I don't have a 8s OC/Kr. is its size and storage space for it. And honestly, I don't see any great upgrade companies offering much at all. Even the OE stock parts are super costly in the larger scale. Like double that of 1/8 scale rigs.
And 2 out of 3 of my Crawlers are already at $1k, Decked out. HH knows this large Crawler wont be a big seller. More of a niche market. Sure looks great though. How well it performs is another issue. IDK.
There are a few other brands out there making large scale Crawlers. Just zero aftermarket support because of the lack of popularity.

On a side note:

The specs for this Axial show that Firma now offers a SENSORED 120A/1200 kv ESC and Motor. A must for any BLX based Crawler.
I think that is good news for many of the Firma fanboys out there..(y)
I always wondered why Spektrum/Firma never delved into Sensored ESC's in the past.

Last edited:
Ah. Oh dear. I'm not religious at all, but I do follow some of the old teachings and I give literally over £1000 to charity every year... imagine if it gets lost in the post, and this just happens to materialise at my front door...

God forgives right? 🤣

I don't even want to know what this will cost over here in the UK..!! £££££££££££££££££'s 🤣

R51_0283_xigfxf_950.jpg
R52_9850_og9iww_950.jpg

Can't believe Seth got one..!!😉🤣

Who here is the resident crawler expert? Need a question answered. Been offered a Axial scx10 3 with a custom painted Rubicon body and some upgrades from a guy in my local rc group.
Just need to know if my money is better off in another crawler or not

Says the guy eating fresh wild game 🤣🤘🏻
Never said I weren't a hypocrite 🤣
(After crawling around the mud last weekend in an $800 shitka tuxedo, $400 schnee's boots, $1300 binos, and a couple $3500 rifles).

I've watched a few vids now and have decided I WANT ONE NOW..!!! but I think I'll wait till they release the raw builders kit 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I found out it's £1080 in the UK that's $1482..!!! 😲

Who here is the resident crawler expert? Need a question answered. Been offered a Axial scx10 3 with a custom painted Rubicon body and some upgrades from a guy in my local rc group.
Just need to know if my money is better off in another crawler or not
That's a decent rig, just make sure what he's asking for it is in the ballpark. do a little homework on pricing.

That's a decent rig, just make sure what he's asking for it is in the ballpark. do a little homework on pricing.
He's the head of the crawling groups in my area. He's offering up two, 1 upgraded and the other stock to another friend and I. I'm getting the upgraded one for $500 CAD.
Screenshot_20211016-004510_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-004552_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20211016-004632_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20211016-004849_Messenger.jpg

Only curious what others think not only price-wise but performance and as a first crawler. Doubt he would rip either of us off because he would get alot of flack offered this because he was pissed someone in his group tried to rip my friend off with a Hobao DC1 for $600. He can get a brand new one on eBay for $489, which includes just over $75 for shipping and import.

Screenshot_20211016-004708_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-004743_Messenger.jpg

He's the head of the crawling groups in my area. He's offering up two, 1 upgraded and the other stock to another friend and I. I'm getting the upgraded one for $500 CAD.
View attachment 174348
View attachment 174349View attachment 174350View attachment 174353

Only curious what others think not only price-wise but performance and as a first crawler. Doubt he would rip either of us off because he would get alot of flack offered this because he was pissed someone in his group tried to rip my friend off with a Hobao DC1 for $600. He can get a brand new one on eBay for $489, which includes just over $75 for shipping and import.

View attachment 174351

View attachment 174352
That looks like a good find IMO. I don't actually own any crawlers, but I did do some research on the SCX10.3 as I thought about getting one when they were first released

The few things that put me off was that the 1st and 2nd gear ratios were too close for my liking, and many suffered from transmission tolerances that caused the infamous clicking

In truth, there are better crawlers out there but a SCX10.3 still does well on the trail, and this does look like a good deal

Check out RC Review's videos on these trucks:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back