NEW CASTLE 1721 SPEEDRUN MOTOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, I am currently rebuilding my Infraction for Speedrun. Now I wanted to ask with which gearing I should start?
I only use 6s, XLX2 and a Castle 1721

Probly only need a 40t an a 46t spur.

Screenshot_20220102-110603.jpg

Screenshot_20220102-110516.jpg

Hello everyone, I am currently rebuilding my Infraction for Speedrun. Now I wanted to ask with which gearing I should start?
I only use 6s, XLX2 and a Castle 1721
I'd try an use a center diff instead of a spool.spools can come apart an smack 250$ 1721 an ruin it👍...absolut worst way to destroy a motor.also 40t spur your best bet cause I think 27/46 is maxing motor mount out,27/46 is big as ya can use with 46t.
Also is your infraction the v2????v1 came with 3.3 in diffs changes everything

Last edited:
Hallo k-bash, danke für deine Hilfe!
Yes it is a V2, I have the orig diff with 46 and also have a spool. Only a few pinions are missing to test.

Hallo k-bash, danke für deine Hilfe!
Yes it is a V2, I have the orig diff with 46 and also have a spool. Only a few pinions are missing to test.
Robinson makes 40t spur for diff.i use 20 million in mine.it can't come apart.smallest gear that'll
work with a diff cup.fit at least up to a 34t pinion with this gear

Screenshot_20220102-164031.jpg

Screenshot_20220102-163545_eBay.jpg

Many thanks! Sounds good, i will try 34/40 and maybe with the diff and Robinson gear. Actually i use the rotolok motor mount.

Now that I’ve seen a friend using this motor it’s even more of a beast than how it looks on YouTube

Last edited:
No warranty on any electronics using this motor?
No warranty on it & if it blows up your Castle ESC, it voids any warranty it may have had!!

That's why I started this motor on 4S. Put in 1st on a stretched Typhon 6S I have before trying it on my Limitless. Running it with an XLX2 & geared with a 29T spool & 34T pinion, it hit 99mph & it barely hit 100% throttle, so I know I will hit 100mph+ on my next run after some minor tuning.

I was able to do 3 runs, checking temps in between. The max motor temp was 102F & my ESC was 113F. Pulled 328A max, 1.07V ripple. This is just on 4S & I have room to gear up & stay cool & stay under 500-550A on the XLX2.

It is a powerful setup indeed.
The Mojave body isn't terribly aerodynamic so things slow down drastically over 100mph when you expect it to go faster.... (comparing to other car body types.)
Either way that setup is very capable with 6s power.

It’s very fun you have to drive it not like my typhon just point and it go straight most of the time ??. The Mojave aerodynamic of a box . The splitter and rear wing I put on was night and day difference in Handling over 70+ I’m not looking 120 or 130 anything over 100 I will be happy. Right all way want more speed

It is a powerful setup indeed.
The Mojave body isn't terribly aerodynamic so things slow down drastically over 100mph when you expect it to go faster.... (comparing to other car body types.)
Either way that setup is very capable with 6s power.
Aye. 1721 on 6S is gonna be mental. I don't even wanna think about 8S :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back