Notorious New guy here, got the Notorious and its wild stuff!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robm422

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hey, just got a notorious after getting my son a traxxas stampede for Christmas and this thing is unreal! So much power and bashing ability, this thing is an absolute beast! So stoked on it. After my first few bashing sessions, I've managed to break off the rear wing mount, of course, and crack the body right above it. So I'm tearing it down and replacing with stronger ones. Also going to swap out the bearings, shim the diffs, go with 100/500/100 diff fluid, stronger servo mount, and stronger front bumper. Can't wait to get her back together, all of your posts, especially the one's about diffs have been super helpful.
thanks guys!

I have broken like 4 or 5 wing mounts. So far I am having the best luck with an Rpm wing mount that I boiled for 5-10 min then soaked it overnight in WD40.

although I don't have the Notorious, do suffer from broken wing mounts.

Do know extreme cold weather makes parts brittle and snap instead of flex.
I broke two in less than an hour bashing in 5F temps. On my 1/8th nitro buggies and 1/5th scale the same thing happens, so parts will break regardless of brands, but I don't know if you drive them on such weather.

You could try reinforcing them w epoxy, small piece of wood, and fishing line. don't throw them away, will upload pics of the final product and for bashing is good enougj for me.

Welcome to the forum Rob. Plastic breaks, whatcha gonna do. Careful not to run into the Stampede, or drive too close to it for that matter. Wanna make sure the father son relationship stays strong? Happy bashing to you both.

Got off the tires and realized one of the hub nut caps is gone, dang, thats why my steering was so wierd the last run. I just bit the bullet and ordered the hot racing aluminum hd hub carriers. Those are not cheap but hopefully worth it in the long run.

Welcome to the forum. I have found this hobby to Ben unexpectedly fun when you break stuff.....quite unlike any other hobby or past time

@Robm422 welcome to ArrmaForum!

Send me your name and address and I'll be happy to send you some ArrmaForum decals!
I'd definitely rock some stickers on my 3 Arrmas . In the process of doing a big upgrade job on my notorious. Just finished up with the talion, couple odds n ends to button up but she rips!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back