Kraton New Kraton 6s Roller build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sroy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
New roller shows up tomorrow...
Was going between the big rock and Kraton 4s as a back up car. Ended up thinking. I can’t buy a smaller car after running the 6s Kraton.
So HR front and rear aluminum diff assembles are going into Roller. HR shock mounts as well. HV32KG servo. Spectrum 6200. Proline tires are being swapped. And in a twist... I’m not transferring my Momba 8x max ESC/1650kv motor combo. I’m going with the

Spektrum Firma 160A Brushless Smart ESC / 1250Kv Sensorless Motor Combo,​

So I have started tear down of the now back up car. I have the HR rear wing mount coming and the outcast rear wing as well. HR servo mount and enclosed hub nuts Couple pics of the tear down.

had I known what I now know? This is probably the way I would have went from the start. I’ll continue to add as I go along.

(Pics are the tear down. Roller gets here tomorrow for the rebuild!)
Looking for some feed back on some of my choices. (I went whith Spektrum stuff so I have all my telemetry on my controller.)
image.jpg

image.jpg

Was going between the big rock and Kraton 4s as a back up car. Ended up thinking. I can’t buy a smaller car after running the 6s Kraton.
So HR front and rear aluminum diff assembles are going into Roller. HR shock mounts as well. HV32KG servo. Spectrum 6200. Proline tires are being swapped. And in a twist... I’m not transferring my Momba 8x max ESC/1650kv motor combo. I’m going with the

So I have started tear down of the now back up car. I have the HR rear wing mount coming and the outcast rear wing as well. HR servo mount and enclosed hub nuts Couple pics of the tear down.

had I known what I now know? This is probably the way I would have went from the start. I’ll continue to add as I go along.

Looking for some feed back on some of my choices. (I went whith Spektrum stuff so I have all my telemetry on my controller.)
View attachment 131554

View attachment 131555
Love it! :love: This thread is going on my bookmark list. Hey, I have the same gold and silver hex wrenches as you. I just got them today and I got to use them today. Broke a steering block and snapped a drive axle. All was in good fun.:D It was worth it.(y)

Love it! :love: This thread is going on my bookmark list. Hey, I have the same gold and silver hex wrenches as you. I just got them today and I got to use them today. Broke a steering block and snapped a drive axle. All was in good fun.:D It was worth it.(y)
I just keep buying stuff of Amazon as I need it lol.

Ok cool.
I just installed a 1250kv motor and I'm starting with a 20T pinion as it's what I had on hand. Thanks!

Will do.
I've never ran a motor with this low of KV so I have some experimenting to do.

I just had my first full run with the 1250kv motor/20t pinion/stock 50t spur on 6s this evening after work.
It's an absolute beast. I was worried 20t would be too small but it seems about right. I feel that this motor could be geared up even more but @bashingpumpkins said a 23t seems a bit over doing it. Also, I'm running the backflip LP tires for the first time and they are a smaller diameter than the regular backflips and top speeds would be slower. They hardly balloon at all and handle great so far.

Also, the motor is a Hobbystar 4585 1250kv from RCjuice.com

Running hot or warm at all?
I just had my first full run with the 1250kv motor/20t pinion/stock 50t spur on 6s this evening after work.
It's an absolute beast. I was worried 20t would be too small but it seems about right. I feel that this motor could be geared up even more but @bashingpumpkins said a 23t seems a bit over doing it. Also, I'm running the backflip LP tires for the first time and they are a smaller diameter than the regular backflips and top speeds would be slower. They hardly balloon at all and handle great so far.

I checked temps about 10 min. into the run and the can was just warm to the touch. I was surprised...
So then I beat on it hard, multiple flat out passes in my yard, and it defiantly was hot by then but nowhere near what my old 4092 would get. I really need to get a infrared temperature gun...

View attachment 131554

View attachment 131555
So it’s hear. Tear down started.
First concern. HR Hubs. Doesn’t look right.

568DFD3D-1DA8-4B0D-9626-174F7D33D33D.jpeg

E6CE6064-B51A-4DDB-8600-4551957B9E81.jpeg

140C0C2D-34B2-40D8-BE13-E8A625394521.jpeg

17BBDEE5-5D94-45CA-BEB5-9F0D8F8929A4.jpeg

So it’s hear. Tear down started.
First concern. HR Hubs. Doesn’t look right.

568DFD3D-1DA8-4B0D-9626-174F7D33D33D.jpeg

E6CE6064-B51A-4DDB-8600-4551957B9E81.jpeg

140C0C2D-34B2-40D8-BE13-E8A625394521.jpeg

17BBDEE5-5D94-45CA-BEB5-9F0D8F8929A4.jpeg
Found the problem.
I have. AON22MA01
Need. AON22M01

850A19EE-6E20-4FBF-A5AE-AF4947E2E1C5.png

Last edited:

View attachment 131554

View attachment 131555
So made some decisions.
Reordered the stock v5 Esc and motor that I just sold for half price Monday to put back in my original car. Going to run the Momba 8x max in this with 22T gear. Reordered HR hubs all around. Ordered 2 new HR diffs complete. Ordered the rear aluminum suspension holders. Front rear lower aluminum suspension holder. HR wing mount and brace. Reordered correct Spektrum 6100. ( some how I ordered 6200). Still need to install HR servo mount and arm. Got a ways to go.

581A542C-9ACB-4C32-9451-2AA3B76DF9A0.jpeg

So made some decisions.
Reordered the stock v5 Esc and motor that I just sold for half price Monday to put back in my original car. Going to run the Momba 8x max in this with 22T gear. Reordered HR hubs all around. Ordered 2 new HR diffs complete. Ordered the rear aluminum suspension holders. Front rear lower aluminum suspension holder. HR wing mount and brace. Reordered correct Spektrum 6100. ( some how I ordered 6200). Still need to install HR servo mount and arm. Got a ways to go.

View attachment 131780
My new 120c battery. It fits kinda. Weighs as much as the car. Anyone seen this before? I think it’s for a Segway.

126E0F10-DBCC-4C17-A287-8EF7FFC8B35D.jpeg

My new 120c battery. It fits kinda. Weighs as much as the car. Anyone seen this before? I think it’s for a Segway.

View attachment 132096
Thats to much.. gona ruin someting, lipo for sure.
I stretched my front battery hoolder whit a soldering heatgun,
fits like a glove but stil deforms the lipo cuzz its not a hardcase, not much but gona ruin it before normal EOL.

View attachment 131554

View attachment 131555
Still waiting for parts. Got the HRing hubs installed in the front. Wing mount and a bunch of other stuff is here. But not tearing in down until I have everything. Not sure if I’m going to put the castle 8x Momba X 8s in this or the spectrum 1250kv with a 25T pinion. Lots of stuff showing up this weekend, including practical proto full motor/diff mount. Also ordered a roll cage. Maybe mid April before this runs? Also on a side note the HRing servo link? Loctited every thing still stripped out on my V5. Prolines may have contributed. Ordered a set of scorpion sports that are lighter.

D70B7102-4E52-4008-8D2A-960CC2F20CB7.jpeg

image.jpg

Still waiting for parts. Got the HRing hubs installed in the front. Wing mount and a bunch of other stuff is here. But not tearing in down until I have everything. Not sure if I’m going to put the castle 8x Momba X 8s in this or the spectrum 1250kv with a 25T pinion. Lots of stuff showing up this weekend, including practical proto full motor/diff mount. Also ordered a roll cage. Maybe mid April before this runs? Also on a side note the HRing servo link? Loctited every thing still stripped out on my V5. Prolines may have contributed. Ordered a set of scorpion sports that are lighter.

View attachment 133001
Stripped servo horn, happens..... I had the same and I am going to use an universal double-clamp one.

Very nice just got mine today was little disappointment in not having a pinion or the stupid 23t servo instead of a 25 and the plastic on the body. All well at least got my hands on one

Very nice just got mine today was little disappointment in not having a pinion or the stupid 23t servo instead of a 25 and the plastic on the body. All well at least got my hands on one
Thanks. You got your roller today or the servo arm?
Still debating spectrum 8s 1250kv with 25t pinion or Momba x 8s with 22t.

Attachments

• 0CAE133B-7E71-4565-A2C9-323F2E261AEF.jpeg
    0CAE133B-7E71-4565-A2C9-323F2E261AEF.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 67
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back