Kraton New kraton 8s which batteries do you guys run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Typhon 3s
Just got a new kraton 8s as a gift from the wife! I was wondering what you guys run for lipos? I picked up a max 5 I’m going to put in and also a 20tooth pinion, I have some youme 4s 4500 mah 60c lipos but it doesn’t give me a lot of run time. Any help or suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=585

I use these. Not the cheapest, but also not the most expensive. Plenty of run-time for me. They just fit in the trays fully extended. A few people have had batteries puff from these guys, but mostly their cheaper batteries. I run very hard and haven't had any issues. I always keep it at the proper voltage when storing which also helps.

Just got a new kraton 8s as a gift from the wife! I was wondering what you guys run for lipos? I picked up a max 5 I’m going to put in and also a 20tooth pinion, I have some youme 4s 4500 mah 60c lipos but it doesn’t give me a lot of run time. Any help or suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!
I’ve got a bunch of power hobby Lipos. 5000mah 50c, 7600mah 100c, 8000mah 100c. The 7600s are my fave as I feel like the 8000s have a bit too much run time, so my electronics typically get hot.

Like @kratonwatch i like the powerhobby 7600 100c they are of good capacity, hardcase, not over weight and fit perfect.

I just ordered two of these in the 7400 mah capacity.

All my others are Gens A 7200mah, 70C.
@twicks0831 , You're going to want at the very least 6750 mah with the new ESC and that 20T pinion to get decent run times. I would suggest a minimum of 7200 mah.

cheers,
kev

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back