Kraton New Kraton owner, is she ready to go??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carguy4471

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
New to Arrma, but been in R/C for, um, every I think.

Picked up a new Kraton and after ready through the wonderful forums here I did some tune up items.

Added Dboots Backflip wheels/tires.
Changed diff fluid to 30/100/10. Wanted to do 20 in the rear but the store was out so I'll run 10 and see how she gets on.
Set the droop screws so I won't be cranking on the shocks ends.
Ordered up some T-bone bumpers.

Are there any other "must" do items before she's ready to go?? I know the steering servo is on it's last leg before the word go, but I'll upgrade it when it lets loose. I'm also aware of the plenty of other great upgrades but kinda wanted to keep the cost down while still making the new rig at least semi bashable.

Any and all input very greatly appreciated!!!

Regards!!

Check your manual. There are endpoints to set before you go. Check to be sure your screws are all tight and let her rip. You are going to love the Kraton

Right on. I appreciate the input!! The weather here is a bit crap but I'm going to have to give her a rip regardless!!

Thanks all!! Say, which T bone front bumper is generally the way to go. Thrasher or TBR?

I run the tbone basher typhon front bumper on my Kraton.
5C10DEE9-2F18-4E5B-B87A-5FC81507D33F.jpeg
D6DDB00B-2133-4A0D-B5D6-33E2F3EE0DD8.jpeg
D0872E5B-66AA-4419-962E-782A2D6FA732.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. As far as a really good upgrade, The Hot Racing Motor mount will allow you to change pinions and mesh a lot easier. Depending on how hard you plan to bash, metal chassis braces f and r, are going to make a huge difference in chassis flex and bending. Sky's the limit, and glad to hear that someone has self control. On bumpers, I have the Kraton XV4 2.0 on my Notorious, but in fairness, it looks good on a monster truck platform. Not sure if it's sleek enough for the Kraton compared to the basher bumpers. What I like about it, is that it comes with a small block for the brace to attach to, and not the type that attaches to the bulk head. Haven't had to really test it yet, so time will tell if this design is a keeper.

Attachments

• 20190102_212525.jpg
    20190102_212525.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20190102_212504.jpg
    20190102_212504.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20190105_205401.jpg
    20190105_205401.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 60
I have the bigger one. As a newer Basher I tend to hit things cars, mailbox posts, fences, trees, parking curbs. So the extra protection helps out my lack of driving skills. Now that I think about it, I shouldplace myself in the breaks and destroys category. Practice does help.
921167E8-D490-42F6-B5DC-2FF434FFC956.jpeg
6A981702-29C4-4EBC-B282-149097004793.jpeg

I have the bigger one. As a newer Basher I tend to hit things cars, mailbox posts, fences, trees, parking curbs. So the extra protection helps out my lack of driving skills. Now that I think about it, I shouldplace myself in the breaks and destroys category. Practice does help. View attachment 28707View attachment 28708
Can you get a side/top shot of the bumper, without the body?

This work?
Yep. Same brace set up as my XV4. The older TBone models attached that brace straight to the bulk head. Read too many posts about how they would rip the screws right out, and destroy the bulkhead. Guess TBone got word and started changing the design.(y)

New to Arrma, but been in R/C for, um, every I think.

Picked up a new Kraton and after ready through the wonderful forums here I did some tune up items.

Added Dboots Backflip wheels/tires.
Changed diff fluid to 30/100/10. Wanted to do 20 in the rear but the store was out so I'll run 10 and see how she gets on.
Set the droop screws so I won't be cranking on the shocks ends.
Ordered up some T-bone bumpers.

Are there any other "must" do items before she's ready to go?? I know the steering servo is on it's last leg before the word go, but I'll upgrade it when it lets loose. I'm also aware of the plenty of other great upgrades but kinda wanted to keep the cost down while still making the new rig at least semi bashable.

Any and all input very greatly appreciated!!!

Regards!!
Sounds like your good to go to me! Just check it every so often just to make sure nothing is working loose and have fun. Plenty of stories about this or that not being right with peoples cars out of the box, but most are good and have no problems.....just blast it

I have the XV4 front bumper on mine and I can’t recommend it enough. I was bashing around a loading dock and hit the concert loading dock ramp wall (it’s the kind that slopes down into the ground as the truck backs up to be even with the dock) that is about 8” tall. I hit it straight on close to 40 mph and it the Kraton popped straight up in the air about a foot and landed on all fours. I checked it out and the only the only damage was a slightly bent bumper....you can see it in the pics. It mounts solidly and the best part is it doesn’t mount to the shock tower.

C06FEEC1-A69F-4360-864B-DF01DDD92D19.jpeg
C3C8A91B-AA86-4CF4-8565-195135FC271C.jpeg
65224A76-8137-47AC-9F64-0C7691ABC413.jpeg
49056E48-9C67-49A4-AF79-F489F431B0C8.jpeg

You can also get a set of these style rear arm guards. They’ve done really well and have been smacked with grade 8 gravel and have held up great. They are thicker than what T-Bone offers as well as offering a rear bulkhead guard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back