Kraton New Kraton owner, is she ready to go??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the XV4 front bumper on mine and I can’t recommend it enough. I was bashing around a loading dock and hit the concert loading dock ramp wall (it’s the kind that slopes down into the ground as the truck backs up to be even with the dock) that is about 8” tall. I hit it straight on close to 40 mph and it the Kraton popped straight up in the air about a foot and landed on all fours. I checked it out and the only the only damage was a slightly bent bumper....you can see it in the pics. It mounts solidly and the best part is it doesn’t mount to the shock tower.

View attachment 28716View attachment 28717View attachment 28718View attachment 28719
You can also get a set of these style rear arm guards. They’ve done really well and have been smacked with grade 8 gravel and have held up great. They are thicker than what T-Bone offers as well as offering a rear bulkhead guard.
Link on the guards?

I had a stripped diff screw out of the box that I had to dremel cut for a flat head. I was a bit miffed about that but since this isn't my first rodeo I was able to get it sorted pretty quickly.

I just remembered I need to reinforce the body as well. Need to decide between the shoe goo and the gorilla tape methods.

For now I'll be getting re-acclimated to driving r/c cars so I suspect it'll be a bit before I'm hitting any big air.

Where did you get those rear arm guards Mongoose?

I have the XV4 front bumper on mine and I can’t recommend it enough. I was bashing around a loading dock and hit the concert loading dock ramp wall (it’s the kind that slopes down into the ground as the truck backs up to be even with the dock) that is about 8” tall. I hit it straight on close to 40 mph and it the Kraton popped straight up in the air about a foot and landed on all fours. I checked it out and the only the only damage was a slightly bent bumper....you can see it in the pics. It mounts solidly and the best part is it doesn’t mount to the shock tower.

View attachment 28716View attachment 28717View attachment 28718View attachment 28719
You can also get a set of these style rear arm guards. They’ve done really well and have been smacked with grade 8 gravel and have held up great. They are thicker than what T-Bone offers as well as offering a rear bulkhead guard.

I'll second this one. I have it on my Talion now and imo the best clean, low profile bumper available. Fit one and see it's just as stout as it's good looks.

Dove and and got all the endpoints set, and all the esc settings done. Pretty much just waiting on bumpers. I'm a bit excited, haven't driven an r/c car in a long time. Been flying stuff for too long, lol.

So what's the verdict? Have you driven it yet?

My only recommendation is, if you are going to launch the thing more than 40ft or so you really might want to have aluminium chassis braces, otherwise the rear dogbone might bend and the chassis plate, may bend. Other than that the rear bumper can help save your wing mount and a bumper in the front help absorb some of the impact going to the wheels.

Mostly driving the car will help you know what you would like to change, your conditions and driving style will be unique, so you're best placed to test and modify as required. Enjoy it, you've picked a great vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back