Limitless New Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you are saying. I am an oddity in the RC world that I only do speed runs and due to that only run my cars a handful of times per year.
They spend most of their life on the shelf sadly...

I wonder if you could save it on the radio as a different car/model profile with the alternate setting even though it may be the same RX it is connected to? That may be a quick fix.
I don't know if this can be saved on the RadioLink Tx, I've never used that radio, believe me I'm an oddity in the RC world too. I'm still using my 12 years old Futaba 4PLS in all my rigs and you could save all different car settings in different profiles with it. LOL never felt the need to change it as far as it works and it's been working strong for all this years. ;)

thanks for all of the great feedback guys! Really appreciate it.
I see what you are saying. I am an oddity in the RC world that I only do speed runs and due to that only run my cars a handful of times per year.
They spend most of their life on the shelf sadly...

I wonder if you could save it on the radio as a different car/model profile with the alternate setting even though it may be the same RX it is connected to? That may be a quick fix.
I am in that same boat as well. Married and with kids and work, time is super limited - still love the hobby though.

Last edited:
Agree with the statements above related to the RadioLink RC6GS. I have owned several other radios including Futaba and the RadioLink is really impressive. The biggest catch is to set the steering end points and expo to your liking when you get started. I found the steering was way beyond what is needed.

Picking a motor and ESC is difficult. Overall if you goals are not to be one of the top speed runners then the MMX8s is probably the best esc for you.
From there depending what voltage you want to run will determine the ideal motor to choose. I was able to hit 86 mph on 2s with the Limitless ;)

So if you wanted you could build a 4s Limitless that goes over 100mph. Granted it will reduce the stress on the whole system to run higher voltage like 6s or 8s.
I would love to have one transmitter that works for all of my RC's. Seeing as though the majority of my collection are Traxxas, if i were to get the Radiolink transmitter, would the traxxas receivers work as is, or would i need to change them?

Does the Radiolink RC6GS can change Dual Rate in real time? I mean it has a dedicated button for change DR settings on the fly? That helps a lot for changing steering settings instantly.
Excuse my ignorance but trying to do 100mph with 4s won't put more stress on the system that running 6s? With lower voltage the amp drawing needs to be higher to get the power for that speed, the losses due to the higher current of the 4S system will make it much less efficient resulting in a hotter motor/ESC.
Yes the Radiolink's and most upgrade radio's with Aux channels and switches around the Wheel can be programmed to do On the fly adjustments.
You can assign D/R, for instance to the AUX button which is located at the 3 o'clock position of the ST Wheel. (my RC6GS) . Then D/R can be adjusted easily without having to get into the GUI menu, while driving. :cool:

The Radiolink has a 10 model multi-memory FWIW.

Edit. minor corrections above.

I would love to have one transmitter that works for all of my RC's. Seeing as though the majority of my collection are Traxxas, if i were to get the Radiolink transmitter, would the traxxas receivers work as is, or would i need to change them?
I am afraid not, as far as i know all surface Tx/Rx are brand specific. You would need to put a radiolink Rx in every vehicle you want to control with the transmitter.

My Jumper T16 (air) with openTX does support a whole range of receivers... I would really wish for some surface radio brand to adopt that tech, but that's not the case yet

I am afraid not, as far as i know all surface Tx/Rx are brand specific. You would need to put a radiolink Rx in every vehicle you want to control with the transmitter.

My Jumper T16 (air) with openTX does support a whole range of receivers... I would really wish for some surface radio brand to adopt that tech, but that's not the case yet
So surprising to hear that we cant in this day of modern tech. Ok, so i will need to get a receiver branded by Radiolink and then pair it to one of the channels. Appreciate the feedback!

FWIW Radiolink RX's scan be had cheaply. And they are small compared to many other brand Rx's.
Not many Radio brands are open source Protocol. Just the nature of the industry. I find that with the custom built Drone RC segment, they are in that direction.

FWIW Radiolink RX's scan be had cheaply. And they are small compared to many other brand Rx's.
Not many Radio brands are open source Protocol. Just the nature of the industry. I find that with the custom built Drone RC segment, they are in that direction.
thats what i am finding. Seems they are around 15 bucks or so. I will grab a few and see if i can toss them into a few TRX cars.

So surprising to hear that we cant in this day of modern tech. Ok, so i will need to get a receiver branded by Radiolink and then pair it to one of the channels. Appreciate the feedback!
Think about it for a minute, 2.4gHz is the freq band, so binding is just like having a password and encryption that we use to access our home Wifi. And same for BT. BT does pairing. Just that BT is more seamless to do. Just a rough analogy. 🤷‍♂️

Think about it for a minute, 2.4gHz is the freq band, so binding is just like having a password and encryption that we use to access our home Wifi. And same for BT. BT does pairing. Just that BT is more seamless to do. Just a rough analogy. 🤷‍♂️
Makes perfect sense. I was thinking to myself, could the receiver reset its signal to adapt to the transmitter, but it makes sense that each receiver has its own unique signature.

^^^ That's why brand proprietary protocols are used and may be better. The digital signature code can't be broken/interfered with. Signal rejection from freq. noise is much better. Some protocols have more codes than others, 16 +. The radio hops from code to code acting like micro bands as needed
The better radios do this faster than others and never get signal interruption.

This is what happened in the air/drone scene. OpenTX deals with the software and 4-in-1 tx modules with the hardware: When you look at this 4-in-1 tx module example compatibility list. It can connect and control to most brand you know and have in your cars (Spektrum, futuba, Flysky, ....)

There basically are 4 chips (CC2500, NRF24L01, A7105, CYRF6936), a few internal channel communication modes (ppm, sbus, ibus,...) and brand specific protocols (DSM-X, (S-)FHSS, AFHDS2A/3,...) that 'digitize' the analog 2.4ghz bandwidth.
The tech is all there to do it, there just no independent Tx brand that implemented it on a surface radio...

The fun part is that FrSky, major brand in air Tx (flysky kinda ripped off the name) developed OpenTX as open source because it was cheap labor as the community helped. That backfired as other brands started using it too and were able to connect to their Rx's. Jumper was one of the first brands and Frsky even threatened all resellers with stopping their supply if they would sell jumper products. Which caused a lot of fuss, check this video if you are interested
Eventually they switched to closed/licensed software again and encrypted their new protocol to get an exclusive eco system again, a move that cost them a big share in the market...

This is what happened in the air/drone scene. OpenTX deals with the software and 4-in-1 tx modules with the hardware: When you look at this 4-in-1 tx module example compatibility list. It can connect and control to most brand you know and have in your cars (Spektrum, futuba, Flysky, ....)

There basically are 4 chips (CC2500, NRF24L01, A7105, CYRF6936), a few internal channel communication modes (ppm, sbus, ibus,...) and brand specific protocols (DSM-X, (S-)FHSS, AFHDS2A/3,...) that 'digitize' the analog 2.4ghz bandwidth.
The tech is all there to do it, there just no independent Tx brand that implemented it on a surface radio...

The fun part is that FrSky, major brand in air Tx (flysky kinda ripped off the name) developed OpenTX as open source because it was cheap labor as the community helped. That backfired as other brands started using it too and were able to connect to their Rx's. Jumper was one of the first brands and Frsky even threatened all resellers with stopping their supply if they would sell jumper products. Which caused a lot of fuss, check this video if you are interested
Eventually they switched to closed/licensed software again and encrypted their new protocol to get an exclusive eco system again, a move that cost them a big share in the market...
Drones are another love of mine. It’s nice to be able to pair a new phone or tablet/iPad with a mavic air 2 and fly away.

How do you assign the D/R to the aux switch on the riadiolink? I don’t see where to do that in the manual or menu display.
Yes the Radiolink's and most upgrade radio's with Aux channels and switches around the Wheel can be programmed to do On the fly adjustments.
You can assign D/R, for instance to the AUX button which is located at the 3 o'clock position of the ST Wheel. (my RC6GS) . Then D/R can be adjusted easily without having to get into the GUI menu, while driving. :cool:

^^^Great info. That always peaked my interest wondering how brands try to maintain proprietary protocols.

Wouldn't that be something to behold....Jumper making a Land TX with multiprotocol support :) Take my money LOL

Radiolink RX's can be miniscule. They have 6v gyro enabled RX's that are a little shy of 1"x1/2"x1/4"

How do you that? I can't find any settings where I can assign the D/R to the Aux Channel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back