New Model Prediction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Super Rock Rey can run up to 8s, which is what I run. The diffs aren't as big as you would think and I've never had an issue with them.

I've watched your bash videos which is what impressed me about the SRR toughness :LOL:

Arrma doesn't have anything like it in their lineup, sooooo...they should get one!!!

I've watched your bash videos which is what impressed me about the SRR toughness :LOL:

Arrma doesn't have anything like it in their lineup, sooooo...they should get one!!!
I highly doubt they will add a large scale rock racer. For beginners, they are a pain in the ass to work on. You are looking at the close to 30 screws just to get the body and cage off. Center diff access? You have to take apart half the truck. Same with the front diff. I don't see it happening.

What y'all say makes perfect sense and I'm sure I've exposed my lack of Arrma and RC knowledge with my fantastical predictions. But it's fun to dream and I've learned from everyones input. Didn't realize the SRR was such a pain to open up...30 screws!?! That's tedious!

If the final release is a bigger version of an existing rig on 6S then I'd argue that the Infraction stole the 2019 release show and that'll likely be my next Arrma.

Spektrum is going to release something new today, its very likeley a smart ESC. Maybe it will give us a hint to whats coming.

Yes, they released 3 different smart ESCs

Theres one 130A, one 150A 6S and this 160A 8S ESC. I think they will use this in their new releases. The special feature is that this ESC talks to the battery and the reciever, so it would make sense to put a better radio than the STX 2 in the box! But for 1/5th scale, I think 160A is a bit low.

I want to see a chellenger for the Xmaxx not too heavy and 'slow turning' like a 1/5 scale but bigger than a 1/8 scale truck...

Fast, durable and a nightmare for Traxxas :D

I also think a good 6S combo is enough, like the HW Max6.

I agree completely with this! I hope they can find a way to make something large, durable, nimble, as well as staying under 20 lbs.
It is a difficult mixture to come up with. More size almost always = mass.

The 1/7 Mojave is over 11 lbs and with LiPos installed it would be right around 15 lbs. It is easy to see how a MT would get up and over 20 lbs quickly! Large wheels/tires alone can weigh a significant amount.

Going to 8s just means heavier batteries which make the problems worse. Sure 8s can accelerate well, but if it sacrifices handling to become 8s then it is not worth it. (that new Spectrum ESC is a re-branded Max6 with the Spektrum smart tech slapped on) Hopefully they use the Max5 if they do go with an 8s capable ESC.

Anxious to see what the engineers and designers dream up for us!

They just released a 10 Year Anniversary edition of the Outcast! Different body and exclusive alloy parts (grey instead of ted and awesome chassis plate). It looks cool and its limited to 500, but no changes to electronics or other upgrades. Also still STX2. I still hope that they have something coming thats really new and huge.

They just released a 10 Year Anniversary edition of the Outcast! Different body and exclusive alloy parts (grey instead of ted and awesome chassis plate). It looks cool and its limited to 500, but no changes to electronics or other upgrades. Also still STX2. I still hope that they have something coming thats really new and huge.
Agreed! New and huge is what I'm hoping for. If they go huge i wonder if it'll be a roller similar to Limitless. If it's huge they'll need a bigger motor and esc that'll support the extra weight and not overheating issues, right? Instead of developing a new 8S system they'll let the buyer outfit the motor and ESC. Can't wait to see what they do!!

I would also like a roller version. But also a RTR. And for something this size, they should really add some high quality electronics. I would like a real top end basher with all possible upgrades already installed and I would pay the high prize for the ultimate best basher.

ARRMA just shared a countdown with the title "keep watch" in their instagram!
And it points directly at...

!!! THURSDAY NOVEMBER 21st 07:00PM UTC!!!

Which is the exact time of the week Horizon Hobby product videos tend to appear!
Coincidence?:unsure: I think not!

ARRMA just shared a countdown with the title "keep watch" in their instagram!
And it points directly at...

!!! THURSDAY NOVEMBER 21st 07:00PM UTC!!!

Which is the exact time of the week Horizon Hobby product videos tend to appear!
Coincidence?:unsure: I think not!

20191023_160239.jpg

I highly doubt they will add a large scale rock racer. For beginners, they are a pain in the ass to work on. You are looking at the close to 30 screws just to get the body and cage off. Center diff access? You have to take apart half the truck. Same with the front diff. I don't see it happening.
Owning a Baja Rey Black Rhino, it is the one rig I actually don't like wrenching on! A job in itself just to start working on it in general!

I hope it isn't a 1/5 scale, they are money pits. I'm hoping for something new and unique looking.

I hope it isn't a 1/5 scale, they are money pits. I'm hoping for something new and unique looking.
You can almost be assured it will be either 1/6 or 1/5. People have been crying for one for over a year and Arrma likes to listen to their customers.

Well my experience with a quality 1/5 scale is entry at $1500. Then expect to add another $3000+ to bash it. Not saying I wouldn't buy it. But I'm also intimately familiar with first run 1/5 scales and if its it's anything my Kraken vekta.5 you'd be thankful to only have $4500 into it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back