Outcast New outcast 8S question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windays

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Vendetta
Just bought a outcast 8S, wow this thing is huge, love it. They didn't have any 4s 100c batteries at my LHS when I picked it up so until I can get some shipped to me I was wondering if I can run it on 6S 100c or 50c safely?

I run mine all the time with 1 6s or 2 3s when I go though my 4s . Pics of mine below .
The T-Bone racing exo Skelton is worth the money but the T-Bone bumper and wheelie bar broke on me after 1 good bash session don’t waste your money on the bumper or wheelie bar factory works better . so I put the factory bumpers back on and they have lasted me .

1D6ED249-4E13-41C6-AFAD-BAB21A816368.jpeg

8B6A2354-888A-4287-BF7B-CFBA293DC0C8.jpeg

73D48E28-7201-49D3-996E-EC918FAB4286.jpeg

That cage looks nice as hell. I might look into that. I just took it outside and drove it and man it was fast even in grass on 6s. One thing I noticed is one rear wheel is cambered out allot more than the other rear wheel. The bar that runs along the top with threads on both ends isn't the same as the other side, one side is threaded in almost the entire way while the other is threaded what looks like 3/8 or so of the way.

PXL_20220422_172721554.jpg

PXL_20220422_172731463.jpg

To add to it, I adjusted it and it slipped back all the way into the plastic. Looks like someone added an M6 nut to it that fixed the issue. I'll give that a try.

To add to it, I adjusted it and it slipped back all the way into the plastic. Looks like someone added an M6 nut to it that fixed the issue. I'll give that a try.

The 8s EXB links are worth the upgrade. 👍

I'll have to look at them. Do they replace the ends as well or just the turnbuckle?

I'm thinking about upgrading the motor to the spektrum 1100 or 800kv and gearing for a little bit more speed. I run this primarily in grass in Florida and I've noticed the temps through telemetry getting up to 160 fairly quick with 8s. Either that or getting the hobbywing setup. I also wanna try putting the stock motor off the outcast into my felony, mainly for a little bit more speed but lower temps so I can run it longer. I mostly just bash around in parking lots so going past 80mph is prolly not feasible lol.

I just did my first run finally of my Outcast EXB 8s. I have a hobbywing max5/800kv setup. I'm rocking 37/39 gearing. Thing is a torque beast could pull wheelies at just about any speed. I don't have any GPS to tell you the speed but for tooling around in grass it was plenty fast and after running down my 8000MAH 100C lipos the motor was still not to bad for temps. That was basically endless hard acceleration and breaking. I was trying to tune my breaks a bit. I pumped them up to 75% in the settings then just backed off a bit using my DX5 Break settings to tune it down a bit. Full speed full break on grass I will still flip if i don't pay attention but I wanted good stopping power because my Tyhphon takes like 35ft to break to a stop been to lazy to reprogram it.

I need to learn more about the gearing, like are the pinions and spur gears interchangeable or do I need specific ones for specific models. Are there any good recommended aftermarket brands? I'm thinking about going the hobbywing max5/800kv as well and I want to keep the speed around 55mph or so. I mainly just wanna be able to run it pretty non stop without overheating.

I forget the company name for the pinion gears I purchased but most people I think use Limitless spool gears as pinions. Gear pitch and the hole for the shaft are the main things that matter.

So I went with the Spektrum 5611 800kv motor, grabbed the EXB turnbuckle parts and got the 56 motor mount and a 39t spur and a 30t pinion which should get me to around the same output RPM as the 23/47. I'm gonna try to find a 35t aftermarket pinion later. I want to swap the 1250kv motor into my Felony, will it work with the 150a ESC as long as I keep it 6s? I want to eventually make it 8s, with the 160a ESC since it bolts right in, for bashing around with tons of torque and a bit more speed. I'm not looking for crazy speed, I just want heat efficiency and maybe like 80mph.

Someone posted a link to a chart and based on the information there with 37/39 gearing I get about 61mph. My temp gun just showed up and I haven't had a chance to run and check temps afterward. I would say 61 seems about right and is pretty much where I wanted it so I'm a happy camper :D

I just tried 39/30 and it ripped faster than the stock gearing. It didn't wheelie as hard but felt allot faster. I have a 35t coming I'm gonna throw in there. Haven't checked temps in it, trying to figure out a steering issue right now

I had to take apart the servo saver a couple of times when I built mine to get it lined up propper. After I got it sorted though its dead straight with no trim.

I had to take apart the servo saver a couple of times when I built mine to get it lined up propper. After I got it sorted though its dead straight with no trim.
I may need to regrease it or something. I drove it in a really sandy area.

I bought a hitec 845 servo for it and I got it all apart. The servo saver bolt in the middle stripped while taking it off. Their bolts really suck, I've never seen such soft bolts that strip so easily before. I had to use a heat gun full blast to get it off finally and brute force it off by twisting against the head to get it out. Any recommendations for a replacement?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back