Outcast New Rc - 8S or 6S??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spur been fine, it's been diff problems. I already replaced one ring gear with hot racing because stock monkey metal got ate up. I'm sure it's another diff problem right now too but I got so pissed at the truck I just let it sit in it's own stew and said f it! Don't even feel like installing the upgrades I bought for it. 🤣

Send it to me!

I keep saying that the 4x4 line in general has a subpar lacking design, more in line with its price point. I wouldn't even bother putting any 4x4 on any track. You can't even race on a governed sanctioned track with them. It doesn't fit in with any Race class. You will struggle anyway. No way to truly dial it in better. No matter how much coin you throw at it. It's just for non serious bashing fun, not a groomed confined track. I'm sure it would be fun trying perhaps. All too frustrating for me personally.:giggle:

Last edited:
I keep saying that the 4x4 line in general has a subpar lacking design, more in line with its price point. I wouldn't even bother putting any 4x4 on any track. You can even race on a governed sanctioned track with them. It doesn't fit in. You will struggle anyway. No way to truly dial it in better. It's just for bashing, not a groomed confined track. I'm sure it would be fun trying perhaps. All to frustrating for me personally.:giggle:
You Sir, are too serious, LOL. Sanctioned? With an ARRMA? 🤣🤣 Why bother? Arrma's are sloppier out of the box new than my 16 year old Xray. 😜

Does anyone know if the red rpm Arms for the notorious will work on the kraton exb 6s? It does say kraton exb on it but I was wondering if the new one is the same

IMG_8650.png

Last edited:
I haven't had a 4s Arrma yet so I may end up with same or similar experiences. The latest (v2.5) looks promising to me. We definitely use our rigs much differently though too. Honestly, the vids of the latest 4s Kraton look killer to me, I can't see a need for a more powerful motor, or even a sensored setup. Hence my comment about different strokes. My bro shredded an 8s BF tire on day one with his O8S, perhaps a fluke, but given the heft of the truck I'm doubtful. BF'S are great tires for OE, but the 8s rigs are just soo heavy, I can't see my CH's making one summer on my K8S. We'll see.
I have shredded 3 tires on my Outcast 8s. Bought ProLine Badlands but they don't backflip in midair as well as dBoots.

You Sir, are too serious, LOL. Sanctioned? With an ARRMA? 🤣🤣 Why bother? Arrma's are sloppier out of the box new than my 16 year old Xray. 😜
that reminds me must get an xray rc next year been wanting one for years the price as put me off but I no there worth it :)

i have been told this, i have owned both kraton and outcast 6s and 8s and the biggest thing with me with the 8s is how heavy they are and where i live having to haul them around up and down stairs it makes it a hassle some times. don't get me wrong this hobby is fun i been in the hobby over 25 years and have had everything from gas nitro electric and its hard picking new rcs nowadays cause i feel like ive had them all and keep buying them again, so i was looking for ideas. i love arrma just kinda undecided. wish they still had the talion exb or outcast exb 6s
I saw a few talions on eBay being sold new ..but they don't last long and most likely over priced.then again this hobby is most of the time over priced

4s 4x4's are just lighter plastic wannabe 1/8 models. 4s line became about the size of a 6s Notorious. And quite heavier. What was the point of that? And not much $value$ considering how close in price a current 4s costs to some 6s Arrma rigs.
6s platform is the mainstream RC flavor. A proven RC chassis design found across most premium Kit brands. And very mature at this point with the most Upgrade parts available. Run it in 4s if that is your thing, and just don't bloat it too much with unneeded weight. You can actually lighten up any 6s platform these days with the CF stuff, if that is your goal. Including running smaller capacity lipos. The pounds can really add up quickly. Careful with all those alloy upgrades and 8k mah + lipo packs. Not smart to get greedy with longer run time. Easy to add a pound + with just high capacity lipos alone.
I'll be flamed for saying this.
Knock yourself out.

But what if I agree with you ?

I have several 6S EXBs and one 8S - All I want to drive is the 8S, looking for a second!
I still think it all comes down to how and where we use them that determines which we prefer. I'm a bit in the opposite preference, not denying I like my K8S, just that it really needs more room to stretch it's legs. Which means I have to take it somewhere besides home to be able to really appreciate it. By comparison, 6s and even the Xmaxx is much more comfortable in smaller spaces I find.

Good luck with that!!🤣🤣
Lowkey I forgot about those tires until I read this comment. Probably because I've been knee deep into fpv drones, I've had the tires sitting in front of our tv for at least 2 weeks. I never even opened the backflip 8s tires I bought that has the box I was going to use to send you the XRT tires :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I will get them sent out on tuesday and I'll cover the shipping since I took so long, so free of charge for you :ROFLMAO:

Lowkey I forgot about those tires until I read this comment. Probably because I've been knee deep into fpv drones, I've had the tires sitting in front of our tv for at least 2 weeks. I never even opened the backflip 8s tires I bought that has the box I was going to use to send you the XRT tires :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I will get them sent out on tuesday and I'll cover the shipping since I took so long, so free of charge for you :ROFLMAO:
No big deal bro, just a friendly reminder😜🍻

Spur been fine, it's been diff problems. I already replaced one ring gear with hot racing because stock monkey metal got ate up. I'm sure it's another diff problem right now too but I got so pissed at the truck I just let it sit in its own stew and said f it! Don't even feel like installing the upgrades I bought for it. 🤣
I had nothing but problems with the hot racing ring and pinion gears in my outcast 4sv2! Like you said, broke on every run! The shaft on the pinion on those is too long (especially in the rear) and makes it rub against the diff housing especially when the chassis flexes, thus causing the outdrive gears and/or the drive shafts to strip. Not nearly as many issues after putting the stock ring and pinion on the hot racing diff housing. Seems to be the sweet spot.

I'm not dissing the Fun that any of these Bashers give us.
Just being a realist.
Yeah all Arrmas are made to a pricepoint, and for fun use. Not serious stuff. Sometimes getting too serious is not fun at all.
A 6s TLRT or even standard Typhon can absolutely hold it's own around most tracks. Remember that its the Driver that makes the most difference when all is said and done.
The 1/8 6s line is "based" on proven copied track design for years. Take the OG Durango DEX8 as one example. The Typhon's sister platform. Just Far from "refined" for a track, out the box. Potential is there however. The Arrma 3s/4s line doesn't check that box. It was never designed even remotely for the track at all. Steering geometry and all, is it's weak point on a track. I don't see any potential there. But I'm sure it's still a fun challenge trying to drive it around a groomed track. 6s packs on any track won't get you better lap times. Just is what it is. Always drop your speed (with lower gearing etc) if you can't navigate a track gracefully, whatever you are running. And its the Tires that will make or break you on any track, most of the time.

Last edited:
I'm not dissing the Fun that any of these Bashers give us.
Just being a realist.
Yeah all Arrmas are made to a pricepoint, and for fun use. Not serious stuff. Sometimes getting too serious is not fun at all.
A 6s TLRT or even standard Typhon can absolutely hold it's own around most tracks. Remember that its the Driver that makes the most difference when all is said and done.
The 1/8 6s line is "based" on proven copied track design for years. Take the OG Durango DEX8 as one example. The Typhon's sister platform. Just Far from "refined" for a track, out the box. Potential is there however. The Arrma 3s/4s line doesn't check that box. It was never designed even remotely for the track at all. Steering geometry and all, is it's weak point on a track. I don't see any potential there. But I'm sure it's still a fun challenge trying to drive it around a groomed track. 6s packs on any track won't get you better lap times. Just is what it is. Always drop your speed (with lower gearing etc) if you can't navigate a track gracefully, whatever you are running. And its the Tires that will make or break you on any track, most of the time.
All good points. An Xray is more than double the Arrma price. Apples to oranges for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back