Outcast New Rc - 8S or 6S??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree!! I love them alot. The mojave is wild fun and my soon to be outcast on a mojave chassis should be a ton of fun as well. Get yourself one!! doooooo it
My mortgage company is a bunch of party poopers..they say I gotta pay my mortgage before I can buy another toy..wife too. They just don't understand. Being an rc basher is a lifestyle choice!!😜🤣
I agree!! I love them alot. The mojave is wild fun and my soon to be outcast on a mojave chassis should be a ton of fun as well. Get yourself one!! doooooo it
All 4s? Wide armed 4s Mojo? Sounds fun!!

My mortgage company is a bunch of party poopers..they say I gotta pay my mortgage before I can buy another toy..wife too. They just don't understand. Being an rc basher is a lifestyle choice!!😜🤣

All 4s? Wide armed 4s Mojo? Sounds fun!!

Mojave 4S have shorty arms..
From what I can tell.

Mojave 4S have shorty arms..
From what I can tell.
Yes. He said Outcast armed Mojo, which is common in 6s, figured he might be doing 4s Outcast arms on a 4s Mojo? Which would be different from what we've seen done many times over. The 6s is still cool, I have a 6s Kraton XL. Kind of an outsider for me though..might go back to Mojave, I'm undecided.
Can ya tell I'm a "step brothers" fan? I just watched it again for the thousandth time..🤣

Yeah, if you don't do huge jumps, then the 8s might be OK. I'm a crazy driver with big jumps and sometimes concrete landings. So when I don't land right, it's usually a breakage on the 8s. I also have diff issues. I have to check the diffs after about 15 runs. Sometimes the gears fall apart internally too. I have the XLX2 and 1100kv 5687 motor in my Outcast 8s. I broke it so much last time that I just use it for parts and it will never run again. I prefer the K8S because the body lasts way longer. And it's more stable.
Congrats on your excellence award ....... better late than never for the congrats..... well deserved

Change of plans.. looks like I may have to give the kraton 6s exb a try.my buddy and I did a coin flip and tails it was for the kraton 6s exb..

You won't be disappointed.

Honestly, I'm really digging the v2.5 4s line thus far too..for easy portage and smaller spaces, it sure could be a solid choice. Very good power to weight ratio, better than either 6 or 8s. Bigger than 1/10 scale, which makes it way more versatile than 1/10.. boy, I'm getting myself worked up for a 4s Arrma!! I gotta stop!🤣🤣
See this is hilarious for me because I fiddlesticking hate my kraton 4s v2 and it has broken 3x more than my arrma 8s rigs and I don't even drive it much. Seriously, the poop breaks every single time I've taken it for a bash. My arrma 8s rigs actually make it home in one piece a lot of the times. I wish I could say the same for that plastic turd. Hell, it's broke right now.

See this is hilarious for me because I fiddlesticking hate my kraton 4s v2 and it has broken 3x more than my arrma 8s rigs and I don't even drive it much. Seriously, the poop breaks every single time I've taken it for a bash. My arrma 8s rigs actually make it home in one piece a lot of the times. I wish I could say the same for that plastic turd. Hell, it's broke right now.
What do you break?

What do you break?
Drivetrain problem almost every time. I broke servo mount in a small tumble too. It's like it can't handle a max 8 g2 combo on 4s at all. I hardly ever have drivetrain problems with 6s or 8s rigs.

I have several 6s Kratons and an 8s V2. I run the 8s almost every time I go out to bash. Yes, it’s a battery hog, and yes, it’s heavy. But it’s so much fun to run, and I’ve only broken one rod end since I’ve had it, and I send that thing.

Drivetrain problem almost every time. I broke servo mount in a small tumble too. It's like it can't handle a max 8 g2 combo on 4s at all. I hardly ever have drivetrain problems with 6s or 8s rigs.

Wow..
So the Metal spur.. Driveshafts aren't holding up?

I haven't had a 4s Arrma yet so I may end up with same or similar experiences. The latest (v2.5) looks promising to me. We definitely use our rigs much differently though too. Honestly, the vids of the latest 4s Kraton look killer to me, I can't see a need for a more powerful motor, or even a sensored setup. Hence my comment about different strokes. My bro shredded an 8s BF tire on day one with his O8S, perhaps a fluke, but given the heft of the truck I'm doubtful. BF'S are great tires for OE, but the 8s rigs are just soo heavy, I can't see my CH's making one summer on my K8S. We'll see.

Wow..
So the Metal spur.. Driveshafts aren't holding up?
Spur been fine, it's been diff problems. I already replaced one ring gear with hot racing because stock monkey metal got ate up. I'm sure it's another diff problem right now too but I got so pissed at the truck I just let it sit in it's own stew and said f it! Don't even feel like installing the upgrades I bought for it. 🤣

No offense, but that loose dirt at the bmx spot ain't stressing drivetrain parts much. Blacktop speed runs either.

Honestly, I'm really digging the v2.5 4s line thus far too..for easy portage and smaller spaces, it sure could be a solid choice. Very good power to weight ratio, better than either 6 or 8s. Bigger than 1/10 scale, which makes it way more versatile than 1/10.. boy, I'm getting myself worked up for a 4s Arrma!! I gotta stop!🤣🤣
4s 4x4's are just lighter plastic wannabe 1/8 models. 4s line became about the size of a 6s Notorious. And quite heavier. What was the point of that? And not much $value$ considering how close in price a current 4s costs to some 6s Arrma rigs.
6s platform is the mainstream RC flavor. A proven RC chassis design found across most premium Kit brands. And very mature at this point with the most Upgrade parts available. Run it in 4s if that is your thing, and just don't bloat it too much with unneeded weight. You can actually lighten up any 6s platform these days with the CF stuff, if that is your goal. Including running smaller capacity lipos. The pounds can really add up quickly. Careful with all those alloy upgrades and 8k mah + lipo packs. Not smart to get greedy with longer run time. Easy to add a pound + with just high capacity lipos alone.
I'll be flamed for saying this.
Knock yourself out.

Last edited:
4s 4x4's are just lighter plastic wannabe 1/8 models. 4s line became about the size of a 6s Notorious. What was the point of that?
6s platform is the mainstream flavor. Run it in 4s if that is your thing, and just don't bloat it too much with unneeded weight.
I'll be flamed for saying this.
Knock yourself out.
I understand your point, the 4s is like a half inch shorter than the 6s rigs though not as beefy. Why bother.. but, seeing a 4s Kraton vs 6s racing around, there's no denying the 4s is quicker and better handling. Depends how you bash I feel as to which is better. A 6s on 4s is fun, but a bit lacking for power.

Power is rather subjective to how we like our rigs setup . I agree. My MT410 and Typhon are only run on 4s packs. They handle way better for this reason. For me at least. Only because they are lighter in the first place.
How you like to bash your stuff can be quite subjective. I get it.
The more Weight and Speed, always ends up with more $Carnage$. Harder to control, when you have a fast heavy lady there. Simple physics in action.
The V2 4s 4x4 has become quite heavy FWIW. Look at its specs. And 4s parts have become about the same price if not more than 6s parts. Especially the upgrade parts. Makes no sense to me. 4s/3s 4x4 line kits are supposedly cheaper than 6s line , yet upgrade parts are more $$ in many cases.

Last edited:
Just watched Exocaged race 4s vs 6s Kratons around the Exoplex. Both on 4s, was impressed the K6 was turning quicker laps.. the 4s just wouldn't turn. So, maybe I'm wrong.. I know, the MT410 is pretty stout on 4s, and yeah, the Typhon definitely turns better laps on 4 vs 6s. Not a racer of course, but can fill the bill quite well for fun at the track. We're always going to have different preferences, how she goes.😉🍻😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back