Outcast New Rc - 8S or 6S??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talionation83

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Fazon
  4. Granite
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Talion
  12. Vorteks
Hey guys, that time of year has come, i want to buy something new. Ive had my eyes on a few, but seems whenever i buy something, something else comes out. im debating on a new 8s outcast exb or Kraton 6s EXB.. has anyone got any suggestions?

ARA5810V2T1_A20_DPL8UJ4R.jpg

images.jpg

Hey guys, that time of year has come, i want to buy something new. Ive had my eyes on a few, but seems whenever i buy something, something else comes out. im debating on a new 8s outcast exb or Kraton 6s EXB.. has anyone got any suggestions?

View attachment 338051

View attachment 338052
Do yourself a favor and get the 6s. The 8s models are way more problematic, they are way more expensive to maintain, and they are less durable. I have both. 6s all the way.

Do yourself a favor and get the 6s. The 8s models are way more problematic, they are way more expensive to maintain, and they are less durable. I have both. 6s all the way.
i have been told this, i have owned both kraton and outcast 6s and 8s and the biggest thing with me with the 8s is how heavy they are and where i live having to haul them around up and down stairs it makes it a hassle some times. don't get me wrong this hobby is fun i been in the hobby over 25 years and have had everything from gas nitro electric and its hard picking new rcs nowadays cause i feel like ive had them all and keep buying them again, so i was looking for ideas. i love arrma just kinda undecided. wish they still had the talion exb or outcast exb 6s

i have been told this, i have owned both kraton and outcast 6s and 8s and the biggest thing with me with the 8s is how heavy they are and where i live having to haul them around up and down stairs it makes it a hassle some times. don't get me wrong this hobby is fun i been in the hobby over 25 years and have had everything from gas nitro electric and its hard picking new rcs nowadays cause i feel like ive had them all and keep buying them again, so i was looking for ideas. i love arrma just kinda undecided. wish they still had the talion exb or outcast exb 6s

Perhaps the updated Outcast 4S v2.5 will fit the bill..

Outcast 8s? If I had the space I'd own one, possibly two. Let where you drive make the decision for you.
I never thought of it like that.. that’s really good advice lol thanks I trim my rcs wherever I can but I don’t send them in the air I mainly just like rippin around jumping off this and that

I never thought of it like that.. that’s really good advice lol thanks I trim my rcs wherever I can but I don’t send them in the air I mainly just like rippin around jumping off this and that
Yeah, if you don't do huge jumps, then the 8s might be OK. I'm a crazy driver with big jumps and sometimes concrete landings. So when I don't land right, it's usually a breakage on the 8s. I also have diff issues. I have to check the diffs after about 15 runs. Sometimes the gears fall apart internally too. I have the XLX2 and 1100kv 5687 motor in my Outcast 8s. I broke it so much last time that I just use it for parts and it will never run again. I prefer the K8S because the body lasts way longer. And it's more stable.

I vote 6s. In order for an 8s to perform as well as a 6s, you gotta spend at least double the money. Maybe more. A fully decked out 8s up and down stairs to use? Not me my friend. I also agree the 6s rigs are better designed. Maybe wait for the Talion, I'm betting it'll be back. Noto or outcast, same truck.

I loved my notorious and outcast exb 6s. I really want another 6s truck but the outcast 8s exb is stuck in my head

I loved my notorious and outcast exb 6s. I really want another 6s truck but the outcast 8s exb is stuck in my head
I definitely hear that. It is badazz for sure. I just picked up a v1 K8S a few weeks ago. Hardly used it yet..weather has been crap. I swapped the Firma 1250 for the Firma 1100, woke it right up. Even then though, the power to weight on a stock 6s is just so much higher.. tough call.

I'm going to disagree with these guys and say the rtr outcast 8s would be a great buy and thats what I would pick if I had to pick between the two rigs. The only real upgrade I could see you eventually wanting on the outcast 8s is maybe a chassis at some point down the road if you ever bend it and you might not even ever bend it. Personally I'm a big fan of the 8s rigs and I haven't had any problems that would have made me reconsider buying one. I also don't put much stock into "6s more durable than 8s" for the simple fact that the 8s rigs are way easier to not crash if you are competent at all. I broke my 6s truck more just because it was harder to land it after sending it. Bigger = more stable.

Everyone with one of the new rtrs seem to love it.
Outcast 8s? If I had the space I'd own one, possibly two. Let where you drive make the decision for you.
Yessir! if you got the space, the 8s rigs are way more fun lol.

I got the kraton 8s rtr a few months ago and it is impressive and runs great. only run it 4 or 5 times before winter set in. had a few nose end landings from 10ft ish high and thought it would have broken something but it was totally fine. it also makes the 6s line seem like there toyish because of the size and weight of the 8s car. saying all that I still prefer the 6s cars not as heavy to lug around and more easy to work on in my eyes anyway

(y)

Get the New EXB 6s Kraton. Wait and be patient for one. Probably best Arrma bang for the buck now. The 1/7 BRCC is no slouch either. But the EXB K6 really has been updated significantly well. Includes the better DX3 radio. (y)
Where the new 1/7 BRCC only comes with the cheap SLT3 radio. (n)

Last edited:
I'm going to disagree with these guys and say the rtr outcast 8s would be a great buy and thats what I would pick if I had to pick between the two rigs. The only real upgrade I could see you eventually wanting on the outcast 8s is maybe a chassis at some point down the road if you ever bend it and you might not even ever bend it. Personally I'm a big fan of the 8s rigs and I haven't had any problems that would have made me reconsider buying one. I also don't put much stock into "6s more durable than 8s" for the simple fact that the 8s rigs are way easier to not crash if you are competent at all. I broke my 6s truck more just because it was harder to land it after sending it. Bigger = more stable.

Everyone with one of the new rtrs seem to love it.

Yessir! if you got the space, the 8s rigs are way more fun lol.
Different strokes for sure. How and where used will dictate which is better for the circumstances. I like both, but if I had to choose one, 6s is way easier to enjoy in more places for less coin.

Honestly, I'm really digging the v2.5 4s line thus far too..for easy portage and smaller spaces, it sure could be a solid choice. Very good power to weight ratio, better than either 6 or 8s. Bigger than 1/10 scale, which makes it way more versatile than 1/10.. boy, I'm getting myself worked up for a 4s Arrma!! I gotta stop!🤣🤣

Honestly, I'm really digging the v2.5 4s line thus far too..for easy portage and smaller spaces, it sure could be a solid choice. Very good power to weight ratio, better than either 6 or 8s. Bigger than 1/10 scale, which makes it way more versatile thaan 1/10.. boy, I'm getting myself worked up for a 4s Arrma!! I gotta stop!🤣🤣
I agree!! I love them alot. The mojave is wild fun and my soon to be outcast on a mojave chassis should be a ton of fun as well. Get yourself one!! doooooo it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back