Granite New to RC Arrma granite v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slouchybiscuit

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I am new to RC's and i just bought an arrma granite v3 and i have a spektrum 3s 5000mah 100c battery. What voltage should I be stopping at when using the truck? From what i can find online the granites LVC is at 3.4v . Is that good for the battery or should i stop sooner ? TIA

Hi I am new to RC's and i just bought an arrma granite v3 and i have a spektrum 3s 5000mah 100c battery. What voltage should I be stopping at when using the truck? From what i can find online the granites LVC is at 3.4v . Is that good for the battery or should i stop sooner ? TIA
3.4v is fine. The ESC will stop play automatically so just have fun until it does!

The BLX100 stops the car automatically, so no worries. If you are new to RC`s I would check YouTube for videos on how to set up the vehicle the first time. It is quick and easy, but very important. Especially steering end-points. That way you`ll keep your servo a lot longer!

3.4V/cell is a good voltage to stop. That gives the battery bit of a buffer zone just in case if you are not able to unplug the batteries immediately (fans and receiver still depletes the battery even after LVD kicks in, so unplug it as soon as you can). Once the battery goes under 3.0V/cell, some chargers won't charge it due to safety reasons, but if it's within reason (somewhere above 2.9V/cell) you can probably revive the battery with a NiMH charger.

Great thanks for all the replies much appreciated!! I have one last question ... First time I charged the battery i did not realize the charger went up to 5A. I charged it on 2A the first time, i am wondering if this could have harmed the battery in anyway or it just simply takes longer to charge. Thanks!

Great thanks for all the replies much appreciated!! I have one last question ... First time I charged the battery i did not realize the charger went up to 5A. I charged it on 2A the first time, i am wondering if this could have harmed the battery in anyway or it just simply takes longer to charge. Thanks!
Slower charge is actually better for the battery, not worse. That being said, I’d just charge it at 5A moving forward. Make sure you choose the “balance charge” option. And “storage charge” the battery when you’re done for the day.

Slower charge is actually better for the battery, not worse. That being said, I’d just charge it at 5A moving forward. Make sure you choose the “balance charge” option. And “storage charge” the battery when you’re done for the day.
Thanks again, really appreciate the quick replies !!!!
The BLX100 stops the car automatically, so no worries. If you are new to RC`s I would check YouTube for videos on how to set up the vehicle the first time. It is quick and easy, but very important. Especially steering end-points. That way you`ll keep your servo a lot longer!

I watched this one yesterday, unfortunately the hobby shop gave me a battery with Ic3 connector and the truck takes ic5, you can imagine how bummed out I was and they were closed by time I tried to use the truck lol. They said they will change the connector on the battery instead on exchanging it but it concerns me if that will affect the warranty...

If the shop changes the plug, they should also be responsible for any warranty issues. I would not be worried.
as for charging, I usually charge at 8A, just to get done with it 😀

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back