New Typhon 3s maiden voyage video!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Got it done and hope you like it. Tried to put a bit of fun in it, so you don't feel you wasted 4 minutes. Don't forget to like and subscribe!

You sure that was thermal buddy? Usually thermal doesn’t go to limp mode. Limp mode is usually only for LVC? ??‍♂️
Not even close. Tried two separate batteries today, neither went down that far. Maybe lvc is set high, but I think that's one thing we can't change. First run was only 7 minutes til it shut down. Fully charged 3s 5000 mAh 50c battery. Guess we'll have to watch and see.

Not even close. Tried two separate batteries today, neither went down that far. Maybe lvc is set high, but I think that's one thing we can't change. First run was only 7 minutes til it shut down. Fully charged 3s 5000 mAh 50c battery. Guess we'll have to watch and see.
You will need a temp gun and a lipo checker to get down to the nitty gritty. However, limp mode has never activated when I went into thermal. If you want to induce thermal quickly, put some OC/Noto tires on it for a run in the street. That’s should warm it up quickly.

You will need a temp gun and a lipo checker to get down to the nitty gritty. However, limp mode has never activated when I went into thermal. If you want to induce thermal quickly, put some OC/Noto tires on it for a run in the street. That’s should warm it up quickly.
I'll bring the gun out next time, but the batteries were still at over 3.9 v per cel when I brought them in.

I'll bring the gun out next time, but the batteries were still at over 3.9 v per cel when I brought them in.
That’s resting voltage. Under load they may be dropping below LVC.

That’s resting voltage. Under load they may be dropping below LVC.
I've seen resting voltage around 3.4 and 3.5 and thought that was on the high side. 3.9 is way up there and even with burst draws, shouldn't be hitting lvc which is around 3.2 if I'm not mistaken.

I've seen resting voltage around 3.4 and 3.5 and thought that was on the high side. 3.9 is way up there and even with burst draws, shouldn't be hitting lvc which is around 3.2 if I'm not mistaken.
Well you know you and I aren’t the experts at LVC. We rarely get thru a half pack. ??✌?

Pay attention to that battery when charging.. I bet it only takes half of the mah to top it off.. this is a problem with these esc's.. the long wires and caps in my opinion require quite the battery to keep the voltage above lvc on back to back to back full throttle passes...try it.. full throttle over and over.. few mins in it will lvc... unfortunately the only thing I've found to fix it is larger batteries.. both mah and c rating...
Its definitely not temp related.. yonic is correct the lvc is 3.4v on the blx100..

Tried to put a bit of fun in it, so you don't feel you wasted 4 minutes.

@Notorious J
Well that's 4 minutes of my life I'm never getting back...? ????

Love the leaf shot..? I'd be way too nervous to run in the street like that, fear of hitting the neighbours cars..!!! ( I've done it before ? )

Bash on..???

@Camaroboy383 @Yonic and @jondilly1974, thanks for the input. Looks like it might be lvc after all. I did grab the motor and esc and didn't notice anything extreme, but I still thought it couldn't be the batteries. When it stopped in the video, I turned it off and restarted after a few minutes. Thought for sure it was thermal. Guess the bursts of running flat out on the street just pulled too much power and shut it down. Little break and got a few more minutes in. I'll keep watching for sure. Puzzling why they have such a big difference in the cut off voltage. @BashingBrian, I owe you 3 minutes and 48 seconds. Put it on my tab?

Oh man I was just looking at that house for sale yesterday!
Won't you please....won't you please...please won't you be.....my neighbor?

I saw the posted speed limit. I’m sure you were way past that ?

Also does BB stand for bashing Brian?
Sh!t! Hadn't considered that I was breaking the law:sorry:. BB is for the man who made it possible, but if @BashingBrian wants, he can say it's about him too❤

Needs more pinion! ???
Or smaller spur?

2A5D02D9-E047-43F6-ADD7-D16212A74E9D.jpeg

Not gonna do it. Uh uh, no way. Ok, maybe

You both need to stop. I am too easily influenced.
Before you take my lead, you may want to hold off a few hours until I run this frankenspur today for the first time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back