New upgraded Rx is just barely too big for the waterproofing box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaatus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I have an Arrma outcast 6S V4 that I’ve been slowing going through and just recently I got some of Spektrums smart electronics and the Rx, a spektrum 5ch SR6100AT, is just a TINY bit too big for the radio box. The only thing I can come up with is is dremeling out a side panel of said box, and maybe using a 3d printing pen to rebuild the wall with a small bump out to make room. But I don’t want to start hacking only to find out I was misguided. Anyone have experience with a speed bump like this and how did you implement a fix? Thanks in advance!

It fits but you have to open it up, rotate the antenna 90 deg and drill a hole for it in it's case. The receiver will fit in the standard box that way, I have 2 of them.

It fits but you have to open it up, rotate the antenna 90 deg and drill a hole for it in it's case. The receiver will fit in the standard box that way, I have 2 of them.
What’s the risk to bricking the Rx due to inexperience? Can you link to an an example by any chance? If not that’s totally good. Either way, I’ll dig into that to learn a little more. Thanks!

What’s the risk to bricking the Rx due to inexperience? Can you link to an an example by any chance? If not that’s totally good. Either way, I’ll dig into that to learn a little more. Thanks!
Just get the EXB box and be done with it

Back