Vorteks New Vorteks aka Mean Bean Machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Vorteks
Just got my new Vorteks in the mail today. My 2 year old picked the color and she was pretty excited to see it. The design of this truck is really awesome and although I'm not exactly a pink kind of guy, I love the color scheme all the same. I'm from Maryland, so I love purple and the Ravens so there's that.

Me and the kiddo took some of the car apart, mainly the axles to add some loctite 243. I also added the 20t pinion it came with and installed a Hot Racing motor plate while I was at it. I was saving it for my Big Rock, but I can always buy another. Figured a new plate with a faster gear would be more beneficial. And if something happens to my Big Rock's plate, I have a spare now.

If anyone else out there has a Vorteks, and has done anything to it beyond the standard preventive maintenance every speed runner and basher does prior to it's first run, please let me know. My sister already gave me an idea for a build theme after this body takes a dump. Originally we were going to go with a Ninja Turtles theme as a "blast from the past" thing, but I was always a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan. So I'm going with that instead. I even have him tattooed on my forearm. It's only fitting for a car designed for speed. Super stoked for this new project! 😁

20210615_200849.jpg

P.S. Please disregard the mess that is slightly visible on the floor. My daughter thinks it's hilarious to throw my folded laundry on the floor while I try to put it away. 😅

Just got my new Vorteks in the mail today. My 2 year old picked the color and she was pretty excited to see it. The design of this truck is really awesome and although I'm not exactly a pink kind of guy, I love the color scheme all the same. I'm from Maryland, so I love purple and the Ravens so there's that.

Me and the kiddo took some of the car apart, mainly the axles to add some loctite 243. I also added the 20t pinion it came with and installed a Hot Racing motor plate while I was at it. I was saving it for my Big Rock, but I can always buy another. Figured a new plate with a faster gear would be more beneficial. And if something happens to my Big Rock's plate, I have a spare now.

If anyone else out there has a Vorteks, and has done anything to it beyond the standard preventive maintenance every speed runner and basher does prior to it's first run, please let me know. My sister already gave me an idea for a build theme after this body takes a dump. Originally we were going to go with a Ninja Turtles theme as a "blast from the past" thing, but I was always a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan. So I'm going with that instead. I even have him tattooed on my forearm. It's only fitting for a car designed for speed. Super stoked for this new project! 😁

View attachment 152335
P.S. Please disregard the mess that is slightly visible on the floor. My daughter thinks it's hilarious to throw my folded laundry on the floor while I try to put it away. 😅
Me too man! Just got mine, same color same reason. I took it out for a 12 minute street drive because I couldn’t resist, then another quick drive for my wife. Now I’m gonna take it apart and do all that fun stuff.

Its really cool that you are all into this with your daughter. So much more fun that way…

I was just about to say. I was thinking in my mind "oh god. He is one of those". :LOL: Looks sick! I hope to see a build thread on this!

Me too man! Just got mine, same color same reason. I took it out for a 12 minute street drive because I couldn’t resist, then another quick drive for my wife. Now I’m gonna take it apart and do all that fun stuff.

Its really cool that you are all into this with your daughter. So much more fun that way…
I am hoping as she gets older, she will want to do this with me. I'm a full time and single Dad, so I'm with her every single day after work. Just trying to create a fun bonding experience.
I was just about to say. I was thinking in my mind "oh god. He is one of those". :LOL: Looks sick! I hope to see a build thread on this!
Oh there most definitely will be. Next upgrade I'm working on is a center brace bar. Then possibly new wheels and upgraded hex adapters. Going to have to run this thing tomorrow to see how it handles and what it needs. I am hoping the gear mesh and slipper were set right but I'll take it slow before I go full throttle just to make sure it's in good working order for that 60mph.

I am hoping as she gets older, she will want to do this with me. I'm a full time and single Dad,
Dude…Oh that’s fantastic. And she will man she will. Just keep doing what you’re doing and always keep a level head. Live and love what you got!!

Ahh right I was remembering wrong. Cool, outcast 4s has good brace. Thanks man!!
No problem. Since the Vorteks comes with a mount, your best bet is to search ebay for someone selling a complete bar. Then all you'd need is the screws and pins to hold it in place I believe. I still need to look at it more.

On another note, I took the car out for it's first rip today and after about 15 minutes of drifting and speed running, I managed to dislodge the grub screw that holds the pinion in place. It was the one piece I forgot to use loctite on. I fixed it up, then came to realize I didn't have the motor mount lined up properly either. So I fixed that too and am hoping that it holds up for good from now on.

No problem. Since the Vorteks comes with a mount, your best bet is to search ebay for someone selling a complete bar. Then all you'd need is the screws and pins to hold it in place I believe. I still need to look at it more.

On another note, I took the car out for it's first rip today and after about 15 minutes of drifting and speed running, I managed to dislodge the grub screw that holds the pinion in place. It was the one piece I forgot to use loctite on. I fixed it up, then came to realize I didn't have the motor mount lined up properly either. So I fixed that too and am hoping that it holds up for good from now on.
TBone has a vorteks center brace…looks like a bar of aluminum lol.
TBone has a vorteks center brace…looks like a bar of aluminum lol.
😖 sorry had to stop, slap self and buy said brace for $14.99+$6.00 shipping. They’ve 40 left now lol.

Advice…. Dude keep your slipper the factory 1 full turn left loosie and then just one more quarter turn and driveshaft issues will be non existent… looks like u already thread locked wheel axles, calibrate esc and do steering endpoints👍🏼 Its an awesome 3s ripper no problems once u take care of these few things… oh and grab a good lipo especially if running the 20 tooth… my go to are the spektrum 5000 mah 100c they let the vorteks eat all day….

Advice…. Dude keep your slipper the factory 1 full turn left loosie and then just one more quarter turn and driveshaft issues will be non existent… looks like u already thread locked wheel axles, calibrate esc and do steering endpoints👍🏼 Its an awesome 3s ripper no problems once u take care of these few things… oh and grab a good lipo especially if running the 20 tooth… my go to are the spektrum 5000 mah 100c they let the vorteks eat all day….
Thanks! I haven’t had to adjust the slipper. It seems set quite well out of the box. But since I’m still learning I’m not driving the car hard until I figure everything out.

I have new Zeee and Hoovoo 5200/80 C. I had voltage Lag yesterday on the Zee so Should probably try a better battery. I don’t want to do the spectrum ones so am looking for another option. I’m pretty happy with the stock pinion as I am not quite used to the speed yet😳

Thanks! I haven’t had to adjust the slipper. It seems set quite well out of the box. But since I’m still learning I’m not driving the car hard until I figure everything out.

I have new Zeee and Hoovoo 5200/80 C. I had voltage Lag yesterday on the Zee so Should probably try a better battery. I don’t want to do the spectrum ones so am looking for another option. I’m pretty happy with the stock pinion as I am not quite used to the speed yet😳
I have a Zee 4s 5200mah 80c battery and I'm not impressed with it at all. Does not have a good punch. Out of all of the 3s and 4s batteries I have, the Zee is the worst one. I have a Yowoo 3s Graphene 5000mah 100c battery that has about the same punch as the Zee 4s and runs just as good except for the top speed. The 4s obviously has a faster top speed.

I have a Zee 4s 5200mah 80c battery and I'm not impressed with it at all. Does not have a good punch. Out of all of the 3s and 4s batteries I have, the Zee is the worst one. I have a Yowoo 3s Graphene 5000mah 100c battery that has about the same punch as the Zee 4s and runs just as good except for the top speed. The 4s obviously has a faster top speed.
I’ve heard a lot of good about the graphene batteriesSo I’ll check those out next. Thanks!

I have a Zeee 5200 80c and it worked fine for me. I also have a Spektrum 5k 50c as well but I haven't run that in the Vorteks yet. I just got a pretty decent 2x100w charger that balances and discharges too so I'll be able to bash for longer and test both batteries to see how they compare.

I have a Zeee 5200 80c and it worked fine for me. I also have a Spektrum 5k 50c as well but I haven't run that in the Vorteks yet. I just got a pretty decent 2x100w charger that balances and discharges too so I'll be able to bash for longer and test both batteries to see how they compare.
Nice! Let me know how that comparison goes. I hear good things about the spectrum and then I hear they’re not worth the cost. I’m gonna put the Zee back in there for today and see if it has the same issues since I put that fat glitch buster in yesterday.

I didn't have any kind of issues with my Zee. I set the throttle end points and pushed the punch up to 4 before my first run and this thing takes off! Spektrum are nice because of the smart technology and the fact they take care of themselves but if you invest 5 minutes after a run to put your batteries into storage voltage, it's more cost efficient to go with other brands. I've heard great things about Zeee, gens-ace-r-spam, Yoovoo, Goldbat and I think the other one was power hobby or something with hobby in the name.

I didn't have any kind of issues with my Zee. I set the throttle end points and pushed the punch up to 4 before my first run and this thing takes off! Spektrum are nice because of the smart technology and the fact they take care of themselves but if you invest 5 minutes after a run to put your batteries into storage voltage, it's more cost efficient to go with other brands. I've heard great things about Zeee, gens-ace-r-spam, Yoovoo, Goldbat and I think the other one was power hobby or something with hobby in the name.
Thanks man! I Definitely do that, alternate my batteries putting each one in the storage after each run and charging the other. And If I’m not gonna run them for a day or more all batteries go into storage.

Yeah I'm doing the same now. Even with my Spektrum batteries. My charger can discharge, fast charge, balance charge and all that. Even has profiles you can save and a battery meter that tells each individual cell voltage plus the combined total. And it knows what voltage to store the batteries at depending on the battery profile you set. Can charge all the way up to 6s. Comes with a whole bunch of adapters so you can literally charge anything. From Deans, XT90, IC3 and 5, EC3 and 5 and a whole lot more.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08X1MLF5...abc_NMRCE33BCZXHHRXP6XHB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back