New wltoys a959 killer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Wltoys just release the Wltoys 144001 has

-metal shock towers
-oil filled shocks
-Metal chassi
-1/14 scale
-metal diffs alloy with zinc
This thing cost less 80$ i think
Needs 0 upgrades out of the box
Just waiting on selling my wltoys a959 and i might this because my wltoys handles like crap lol
I found a code for a 20% off also BGWltoys001

Last edited:
Wltoys just release the Wltoys 144001 has

-metal shock towers
-oil filled shocks
-Metal chassi
-1/14 scale
-metal diffs alloy with zinc
This thing cost less 80$ i think
Needs 0 upgrades out of the box
Just waiting on selling my wltoys a959 and i might this because my wltoys handles like crap lol
I found a code for a 20% off also BGWltoys001
It's a clone/knockoff of the Lc Racing EMB-1. It hasn't been confirmed if the Lc Racing parts fit or not.

Wl Toys.

69603929_2411636015825532_1030005433290457088_n.jpg

Lc Racing.

20190621_190926.jpg

Last edited:
A-arms, C-hub, hub carrier, shock tower, chassis plate, steering bell crank are compatible. The main difference is on the center of the drive train. The center drive shaft goes directly in the input gears, there isn't drive cup. The upper deck is made of very soft plastic, so it doesn't make the chassis more rigid. It it the center drive shaft which make the chassis more rigid, but it isn't the purpose of the center drive shaft.

WLtoys - 144001 - 206 evolution - cneter chassis 1 .jpg

Not adjustable motor position.
WLtoys - 144001 - 206 evolution - center chassis 3 .jpg

There is a hole for a grub screw in the front a-arm but not on the rear. The a-arms aren't exactly same as LC racing, not the same mold, almost same and compatible.

The differential are almost same as the 12428, excepted the outdrives. Most of bearings are smaller than LC-Racing. The gearboxes aren't compatiblle with the LC racing diff.

Is it as good as a LC racing? no. Would i upgrade it to brushless? no. The differential qualitiy and steel quality isn't at the level of LC racing. Imo it is a car to keep as stock. The handling isn't bad. II haven't measured its speed yet, but imo it doesn't go at 60Km/h.

I must finish to record the unboxing, i will upload and start a review tomorrow.

Last edited:
ive just ordered one ;)
If you remove the first battery block and put the strap on the farther one out you can run these batteries https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...ck-suits-1-16th-monster-beatle-sct-buggy.html
These will fit but will require you to trim the edge off the outside of the battery block https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-2200mah-2s-40c-lipo-pack-1.html
Or you can do like I did in the picture above and buy one of these in the medium size and trim to fit https://puretechproducts.com/product/xtreme-quick-mounts/
Still really nice rtr for a decent price maybe a chassi brace in alluminum would maybe be the only upgrade required. Completly destroy my a959 who is spended more than 150$ With the upgrades
Oh yeah for the price it's a steal
If it fits I would do the Lc Racing plastic one http://casterracingmi.com/index.php...uct_id=1564&sort=p.price&order=DESC&limit=100 or you could try the carbon fiber one http://casterracingmi.com/index.php...uct_id=1732&sort=p.price&order=DESC&limit=100

Last edited:
Been trying to sell my wltoys a959 for now 2 months my camber links in the front in alluminum broke off.. and when i need the stocks omes they dissapeared so now i just have metal wires holding everything:/

This car is definitely better than a A9x9. But i really don't like the center drive shaft.

If you remove the first battery block and put the strap on the farther one out you can run these batteries

Yes, and you must change the velcro strap because it isn't long enough with the second position.

If it fits I would do the Lc Racing plastic one

It should fit.

WLtoys - 144001 - 206 evolution - center chassis 2 .jpg

This car is definitely better than a A9x9. But i really don't like the center drive shaft.

Yes, and you must change the velcro strap because it isn't long enough with the second position.

It should fit.
Ah I forgot about the strap.

Are the bearings not sealed?

Not sealed. There is something which look like a shield on one side, but nothing on the other side. It stay a cheap car, we can see where WLtoys has cut the price.

The assembly isn't bad. But the rear diff. crown gear was completely dry.

So want to hit buy it now.

coupon code BGWLTRA
  • Order Subtotal: US$89.99
  • Coupon: -US$18.00
  • Shipping Fee:US$1.92
  • Shipping Fee Savings: US$1.92
  • Shipping insurance:US$1.80
  • Grand Total:US$73.79

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back