Limitless New world record 214mph James Mccoy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see James, congrats man!!!! “That seemed like an alright pass, nothing crazy…”. That’s because you’re used to running on narrow rural road in the middle of a cornfield! If you had this runway in your backyard I’m pretty sure the record would be pushing 230 by now. Nice job sir, and mad props!

The GNSS is amazingly accurate. The only ones that I had ever seen them off by a bit were back when we ran the Gramin forerunners. Because the refresh rate is low they often left a few mph on the table. Same for the SKYRC 010 and 015 units.

Running a GoPro Hero series inside with the GPS speed readings can tell you a lot because you can tell when you left off throttle and know if it potentially had more MPH in it based on the rate of acceleration when you got off throttle. (you can also see this in data logs, but the visual provided by the gopro is much better)
I'm using the Powerhobby rebranded 015 unit. Sometimes I feel like it is not showing the full speed.

The GNSS is amazingly accurate. The only ones that I had ever seen them off by a bit were back when we ran the Gramin forerunners. Because the refresh rate is low they often left a few mph on the table. Same for the SKYRC 010 and 015 units.

Running a GoPro Hero series inside with the GPS speed readings can tell you a lot because you can tell when you left off throttle and know if it potentially had more MPH in it based on the rate of acceleration when you got off throttle. (you can also see this in data logs, but the visual provided by the gopro is much better)
100% I rather trust the GNSS over Garmin.

Yeah perspective is huge. I always feel like my car is going faster than what GPS reads, but that's because I'm standing on the side of the road.
I have been considering picking up another GPS just to see if they both read the same.
After a while of so many passes, you can judge speed as it passes you. In theory you want the sustained max pull as it passes you. You standing in the middle of your run. I noticed Raz can always judge his speeds very well, before he checks the GPS. He is usually very close to his estimate. The visuals and sound helps you assess/estimate the speed. I find this true for me. I can even judge some speed pass videos this way.
With James 214 pass it looked much slower, but seems his pull continued accelerating well passed where he was on his ladder. When watching his video, I thought for sure that was NOT his 214 PB. Expected him to do another in that video. But in fact it was his one 214 pass.:unsure: I wish he did a second one to confirm. But when I think about, Hitting a record like that, he was pretty much one pass and done.;)
So they can’t make belted work? Even if they just mold a light Kevlar or spectra fabric into it as it’s being produced or something. I don’t know how belts work on RC tires lol just curious.
Foams are solid material to the wheel. Rubber has a foam inner separation, and a belt . Dialing in a certain Foam compound is like running a belt on a Rubber tire.
Foams don't expand like a rubber would. Foams are much lighter, much more well balanced and give more consistent passes, until they chuck out, break apart. They don't last long. The fastest PB's to date always have foams. I can't see a rubber belted tire getting to the 200MPH mark. More of a liability and major carnage if you even try.

Last edited:
Love the competition at these speeds. James is a solid guy and has put in the work..

I know why he didn't show or explain the setup, but it sure would have been nice to see under the lid.

I hit my new PB today which was 37.85% of his record. :rolleyes:

100% I rather trust the GNSS over Garmin.
The gps picked up 19 satellites for this run.
I think we’ve talked about the new racers edge I think brand gps picks up 18+ satellites. It takes a little longer to connect but it’s gotta be super accurate
After a while of so many passes, you can judge speed as it passes you. In theory you want the sustained max pull as it passes you. You standing in the middle of your run. I noticed Raz can always judge his speeds very well, before he checks the GPS. He is usually very close to his estimate. The visuals and sound helps you assess/estimate the speed. I find this true for me. I can even judge some speed pass videos this way.
With James 214 pass it looked much slower, but seems his pull continued accelerating well passed where he was on his ladder. When watching his video, I thought for sure that was NOT his 214 PB. Expected him to do another in that video. But in fact it was his one 214 pass.:unsure: I wish he did a second one to confirm. But when I think about, Hitting a record like that, he was pretty much one pass and done.;)

Foams are solid material to the wheel. Rubber has a foam inner separation, and a belt . Dialing in a certain Foam compound is like running a belt on a Rubber tire.
Foams don't expand like a rubber would. Foams are much lighter, much more well balanced and give more consistent passes, until they chuck out, break apart. They don't last long. The fastest PB's to date always have foams. I can't see a rubber belted tire getting to the 200MPH mark. More of a liability and major carnage if you even try.
You can check out Justin’s flyby from the other side of the runway. It’s a good angle . They talked about it in the video but they were dealing with wind so they ran the opposite directions. Instead of being at the 60% area of the run, he was more around 40% area of the run and also went farther then he had down the runway of any run. If I had to guess it was probably around 160-170 when it passed him, but as the car goes faster it accelerates faster too.. freaking incredible run this was

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back