Limitless New world record 214mph James Mccoy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any companies that make a solid rubbery compound wheel/tire combo? Where the wheel and tire are one?
No that does not exist today.

Something to think on when talking about tire problems is that the rotational mass is ripping it apart. How could we possibly have something with a lower mass than foam? The likely solution is larger diameter 1/5 scale wheels to reduce the RPMs and those related forces acting on the tire.

It didn't look like it was going fast at all. Like in the 150's. But the video can be decieving. Like where it actually achieved top speed in the video. Well past James line of sight or from his video's vantage point.
Even James commented how it was a slow run... not confident at all, until the GPS showed otherwise.
I only wish he could have repeated one more pass. Like Raz would do sometimes if he is not believing the GPS Anayzer. But I trust James work. I don't really trust the GPS however. I run the same GNSS and have had inconsistencies before.

No that does not exist today.

Something to think on when talking about tire problems is that the rotational mass is ripping it apart. How could we possibly have something with a lower mass than foam? The likely solution is larger diameter 1/5 scale wheels to reduce the RPMs and those related forces acting on the tire.
So they can’t make belted work? Even if they just mold a light Kevlar or spectra fabric into it as it’s being produced or something. I don’t know how belts work on RC tires lol just curious.

It didn't look like it was going fast at all. But the video can be decieving. Like where it actually achieved top speed in the video. Well past James line of sight?
Even James commented how is was a slow run...until the GPS showed otherwise.
I only wish he could have repeated one more pass. But I trust his work. I don't really trust the GPS however. I run the same GNSS and have had inconsistencies before.

There is a big difference in the camera perspective. I get those comments often because I am up around 10ft on my ladder (similar to how James run). Versus Raz standing in the road perspective the speed is more visible.
So they can’t make belted work? Even if they just mold a light Kevlar or spectra fabric into it as it’s being produced or something. I don’t know how belts work on RC tires lol just curious.
That exists in hoons and GRP tires. They blow up in the 100-150 mph range.

It didn't look like it was going fast at all. Like in the 150's. But the video can be decieving. Like where it actually achieved top speed in the video. Well past James line of sight or from his video's vantage point.
Even James commented how it was a slow run... not confident at all, until the GPS showed otherwise.
I only wish he could have repeated one more pass. Like Raz would do sometimes if he is not believing the GPS Anayzer. But I trust James work. I don't really trust the GPS however. I run the same GNSS and have had inconsistencies before.
There is a big difference in the camera perspective. I get those comments often because I am up around 10ft on my ladder (similar to how James run). Versus Raz standing in the road perspective the speed is more visible.

That exists in hoons and GRP tires. They blow up in the 100-150 mph range.
Yeah perspective is huge. I always feel like my car is going faster than what GPS reads, but that's because I'm standing on the side of the road.
I have been considering picking up another GPS just to see if they both read the same.

Yeah perspective is huge. I always feel like my car is going faster than what GPS reads, but that's because I'm standing on the side of the road.
I have been considering picking up another GPS just to see if they both read the same.
The GNSS is amazingly accurate. The only ones that I had ever seen them off by a bit were back when we ran the Gramin forerunners. Because the refresh rate is low they often left a few mph on the table. Same for the SKYRC 010 and 015 units.

Running a GoPro Hero series inside with the GPS speed readings can tell you a lot because you can tell when you left off throttle and know if it potentially had more MPH in it based on the rate of acceleration when you got off throttle. (you can also see this in data logs, but the visual provided by the gopro is much better)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back