Limitless New worlds fastest RC car 222 MPH - James McCoy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full House Reaction GIF

bill murray film GIF

We love Bob

I know what I’ll be doing this weekend. I’ve got to figure out how to gain 115 mph. Congratulations on your run.

The tires are still a crap shoot. BSR probably builds him NASA quality foams, but the material itself is the weak link.
I don’t know about 250 next year unless somebody figures out the tire issue. My guess for this season is around 230.
And it ain’t gonna be Talbot. His build is epic and has power to spare, but it’s so heavy I can’t imagine him even breaking 200 without disintegrating the tires.
We should start a contest for best guess on the WR at the end of 2023!
I think that he's working together with them to create and test wheels that will allow for even higher speeds. Possibly one off larger diameter wheels with less, more durable foam?
I think that he's working together with them to create and test wheels that will allow for even higher speeds. Possibly one off larger diameter wheels with less, more durable foam?
Oops, guess I should have read the whole thread first🤦🏻‍♂️

My goodness he destroyed the Scorched timed run by 6mph...hell of a margin.

Love the body on that Limitless...to think it's stock chassis length..must be a sweet spot?
Well, technically by 3mph. 216mph was the speed through the traps, 219mph was the top speed recorded by the onboard GNSS (the car was still accelerating past the traps according to an onlooker at the time).

Well, technically by 3mph. 216mph was the speed through the traps, 219mph was the top speed recorded by the onboard GNSS (the car was still accelerating past the traps according to an onlooker at the time).
Yup, GNSS has The Final Say, as it should. James typically runs two. GNSS, with the proper “read, start, clear, picking up…” in unbroken video is pretty definitive and really allows for a level playing field in which anyone can compete. There would be way too many variables in a closed course environment like Rossa if that standard was to be met at all corners of the globe.
Go James, go! (And everyone else with a GNSS.)

Ok seriously that 222 was crazy. I've got some ideas on some wheels but it'll never happen cause I don't have a speed runner to test my dumb ideas on.

At 222mph what rpm are these turning? I don't know the diameter of the wheels/tires used.

Last edited:
My goodness he destroyed the Scorched timed run by 6mph...hell of a margin.

Love the body on that Limitless...to think it's stock chassis length..must be a sweet spot?
The longer the car the more surface area you have for air to induce drag on. In the CFD / Aerodynamics world using fluid dynamics they call it a "wetted area".

My middle name is Robert.
Does that count?:ROFLMAO:
The longer the car the more surface area you have for air to induce drag on. In the CFD / Aerodynamics world using fluid dynamics they call it a "wetted area".
I prefer staying "Dry"(y):LOL:.
The tires are still a crap shoot. BSR probably builds him NASA quality foams, but the material itself is the weak link.
I don’t know about 250 next year unless somebody figures out the tire issue. My guess for this season is around 230.
And it ain’t gonna be Talbot. His build is epic and has power to spare, but it’s so heavy I can’t imagine him even breaking 200 without disintegrating the tires.
We should start a contest for best guess on the WR at the end of 2023!
Raz is at KT's side now, and Raz will reverse and correct all of KT's design flaws to help him out.
In theory a longer 1/7 chassis has better directional stability over a shorter 1/8 standard GT body/chassis.
But like @LibertyMKiii stated, you increase the "Wetted Area". At some point that works against those higher record speeds.

Last edited:
With James run of 222mph on a stock length chassis, there is no denying he is top dog of the real fast guys.. I didn't think Scorched RC's 219mph pass would be beaten that quick, especially by a stock length chassis.. Amazing job. I also like his recent in depth video series of a perfect pass build, previously he never showed any of his build process. I'd like to see what James could do with his own custom long chassis, I bet he's building or has already built such a car and we may see over 230mph at some point soon from him.
I'm also interested to how much Talbot gets faster from Raz's help.. Didnt Talbot already hit almost 180mph with one of his cars at the last Rossa event? Talbot seems to really think he has a shot at the world record, I think there's no way that will happen but I think he'll get up into the mid 180's to 190mph with Raz's help.. I saw a video of his a few days ago where he claimed he was working on a top secret project for speedrun tires with a RC tire manufacturer.. Lol who knows what they might come up with

With James run of 222mph on a stock length chassis, there is no denying he is top dog of the real fast guys.. I didn't think Scorched RC's 219mph pass would be beaten that quick, especially by a stock length chassis.. Amazing job. I also like his recent in depth video series of a perfect pass build, previously he never showed any of his build process. I'd like to see what James could do with his own custom long chassis, I bet he's building or has already built such a car and we may see over 230mph at some point soon from him.
I'm also interested to how much Talbot gets faster from Raz's help.. Didnt Talbot already hit almost 180mph with one of his cars at the last Rossa event? Talbot seems to really think he has a shot at the world record, I think there's no way that will happen but I think he'll get up into the mid 180's to 190mph with Raz's help.. I saw a video of his a few days ago where he claimed he was working on a top secret project for speedrun tires with a RC tire manufacturer.. Lol who knows what they might come up with
I keep hearing over and over about how Raz is helping Talbot in his quest. I don’t think people give Talbot enough credit, given his persona which comes across as somewhat goofy. That said, Raz has been better poised with his resources, his knowledge, his runway, and his sponsorships and still continues to lag behind in his attempts at a record. He’s what, 20mph behind now? He‘s been stuck at 200ish for quite some time now. He realizes it, and passes it off as “oh, I had to work in new product development” or some such. Maybe he’s just not that interested in doing it. If I were him I’d be out there every day working on the WR. I’d just as soon root for a Talbot at this point, or a couple guys here on the forum for that matter. And of course, for Mr. McCoy!

I keep hearing over and over about how Raz is helping Talbot in his quest. I don’t think people give Talbot enough credit, given his persona which comes across as somewhat goofy. That said, Raz has been better poised with his resources, his knowledge, his runway, and his sponsorships and still continues to lag behind in his attempts at a record. He’s what, 20mph behind now? He‘s been stuck at 200ish for quite some time now. He realizes it, and passes it off as “oh, I had to work in new product development” or some such. Maybe he’s just not that interested in doing it. If I were him I’d be out there every day working on the WR. I’d just as soon root for a Talbot at this point, or a couple guys here on the forum for that matter. And of course, for Mr. McCoy!
I think the difference is until recently James was running in a tiny side road, which takes a lot of skill to pilot that thing straight. If you put people on a 100' wide runway it makes it a whole lot easier.

My respect to all of those guys. I'm not even close to that yet and may never see those numbers.

He's not as well known as the others, but Germany has a 200mph+ pilot too. This is his most recent pass at 212mph and he was adding 1-3mph per upload for the past two or three weeks.
When a chassis is extended..exact;y how much is it stretched?
It depends. There's no fixed amount. KT definitely has the longest one at this point, the other two I'm aware of is David from Scorched and James put in a couple of test passes with a stretched Limitless and all three are a different length if I'm not mistaken.
I think Raz's PB is 210mph if memory serves. As for where he's spending his time, it seems that R&D and product development (my assumption is that this is his primary source of income) are priority with speed running taking a back seat, at least for the time being.

Kevin is definitely operating more independently in terms of speed running. He went to the most recent ROSSA events on his own which is good to see. I think Raz got him pointed in the right direction and he can go it alone, for the most part. I think the move to the Isle of Man is a good call as well.

He's not as well known as the others, but Germany has a 200mph+ pilot too. This is his most recent pass at 212mph and he was adding 1-3mph per upload for the past two or three weeks.

It depends. There's no fixed amount. KT definitely has the longest one at this point, the other two I'm aware of is David from Scorched and James put in a couple of test passes with a stretched Limitless and all three are a different length if I'm not mistaken.

I think Raz's PB is 210mph if memory serves. As for where he's spending his time, it seems that R&D and product development (my assumption is that this is his primary source of income) are priority with speed running taking a back seat, at least for the time being.

Kevin is definitely operating more independently in terms of speed running. He went to the most recent ROSSA events on his own which is good to see. I think Raz got him pointed in the right direction and he can go it alone, for the most part. I think the move to the Isle of Man is a good call as well.
It makes sense the longer chassis is more stable. Larger wheels would help too. Less RPM means less centripetal force and the tires are less likely to explode. They are also more stable.

It makes sense the longer chassis is more stable. Larger wheels would help too. Less RPM means less centripetal force and the tires are less likely to explode. They are also more stable.
Yeah. I suspect that we'll see new speed run foams sometime in the next 6-12 months, there are several people working on it currently as they've definitively become the bottleneck to pushing the speeds higher. I'm still a good ways away from needing them myself. I'll still be fine with normal foams at least until 2024, probably longer.

Nice pass for the Teutons! I subbed him so I can follow his journey. Thanks for sharing this. So cool to see this as such a global quest.
And dude, nice freaking runway, right?!?

Thanks for sharing this guy's video. I was not aware of him.
Agreed on the other comments, it seems like a giant runway is necessary to do these 200+ runs.

It will be interesting when someone releases new wheels/tires and how they work with the existing bodies. I know mine get very close to the body with the existing BSR foams.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back