Limitless New worlds fastest RC car 222 MPH - James McCoy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew once James got onto a runway we were going to see some big numbers.
James will be running his Hobao VTE2 more in upcoming videos, and I expect to see some big numbers from that one.
Had the same thought, flat surface no traffic. Smoother surface less friction and debris.

At this rate in 2024 its going to be 250mph
The tires are still a crap shoot. BSR probably builds him NASA quality foams, but the material itself is the weak link.
I don’t know about 250 next year unless somebody figures out the tire issue. My guess for this season is around 230.
And it ain’t gonna be Talbot. His build is epic and has power to spare, but it’s so heavy I can’t imagine him even breaking 200 without disintegrating the tires.
We should start a contest for best guess on the WR at the end of 2023!

The tires are still a crap shoot. BSR probably builds him NASA quality foams, but the material itself is the weak link.
I don’t know about 250 next year unless somebody figures out the tire issue. My guess for this season is around 230.
And it ain’t gonna be Talbot. His build is epic and has power to spare, but it’s so heavy I can’t imagine him even breaking 200 without disintegrating the tires.
233 is my guess

That would be fun. Someone should start a poll but I don't think shoe thread types are allowed in the speed demons section.
My guess is in the 227-230 mph range.

The trick to the tires might be a larger diameter. Larger diameter means less wheel RPM and more stability. The down side is there is more rotational mass and changing the speed of the wheel is harder.

Who makes a high speed foam with 5-6" diameter wheel?

The trick to the tires might be a larger diameter. Larger diameter means less wheel RPM and more stability. The down side is there is more rotational mass and changing the speed of the wheel is harder.

Then does it fit under your body and work for the scale car you have....
David at Scorched was using truggy wheels which have a slightly larger diameter, we don't know what James is using but likely the same.

You can take a 1/5 scale wheel and have gone bananas and put foam on it. This was something I had planned to do using the Losi 5b wheels on a custom ground effect project car. (2 GRP wheels there for comparison in size.)

Losi 5ive b wheels Capture.PNG

Raz is up there also. Catching up.:giggle:
At some point a narrower tire will only help reduce tire scrub friction. (y)
If you look at all the all the Scale land speed record vehicles at the Salt Flats, they are running very narrow wheels.

Is it me?
I see how James is way closer to the launch point. And very much further from Max speed section of the strip . How he drives.
Is it those high speeds that this is better???
Also, Range can become a very big issue with 200+mph speeds. I see him struggle with this.
Yet successful nonetheless.

Is it me?
I see how James is way closer to the launch point. And very much further from Max speed section of the strip . How he drives.
Is it those high speeds that this is better???
Also, Range can become a very big issue with 200+mph speeds. I see him struggle with this.
Yet successful nonetheless.
In general, the hardest part is the start from 0-100. That is the time when the car has very little downforce and can get squirrely.
After that it will track straight on its own unless there is some part that fails inside the car. At that point there is little you can do anyway....

I think a signal booster is a must-have after 150 mph. I have run without at 146 mph and think I am on the limits of what that setup can do without a booster.

Agree 100%. The 1/5 wheels are a bit large, but word around the campfire is that in a galaxy far, far away there is this guy (let’s call him Bob) who is doing the math and designing a wheel a little bigger than 100mm and perfectly balanced that will run the same RPM’s at 250mph as the current BSR’s do at 180mph. In an adjoining galaxy there is another guy (let’s call him Bob as well) that will receive these wheels and outfit them with the latest and greatest foam compound that the universe has yet to see. They will have less width and less meat on them than we are used to, and they will be true. Meanwhile, back here on Earth, a really gifted dude (Bob) has already engineered a chassis design modification allowing these wheels to fit within the 1/7 FC100 arches with a solution so elegant and simple that those who bear witness will bow and show their respect. At least that’s what I heard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back