Kraton No good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liep

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I bought the Arrma kraton 6s blx v4 and from day one I just had problems, so much so that I lost interest in the hobby. I feel I wasted my money that took me over a year to save to buy the truck

giphy.gif

But seriously, it's not a hobby where you will buy gear, use it and that's it. Things break and then you fix them. If you get a 50/50 driving/wrenching ratio that's not bad.

I have a new 4s and I've been having problems with the pinion and slipper clutch but I've since accepted it's part of the hobby, most RC cars have these common problems.

Anyway what kind of problems have you been experiencing? And do you abuse it out on a run?

I bought the Arrma kraton 6s blx v4 and from day one I just had problems, so much so that I lost interest in the hobby. I feel I wasted my money that took me over a year to save to buy the truck
Interesting...I got a budget friendly granite mega 4x4 and I run it on nimh batteries, have had no issues with it, lots of run time and not enough wrenching for what I want from the hobby... thinking of getting a Kraton 6s!

If you want something RC that you just pay for once, use, and put away until next time you should get into drones. There is no wrenching involved, and nearly nothing to upgrade as it's a closed system from the manufacturer and not intended to impact anything.

Interesting...I got a budget friendly granite mega 4x4 and I run it on nimh batteries, have had no issues with it, lots of run time and not enough wrenching for what I want from the hobby... thinking of getting a Kraton 6s!

Granite 3s is a load of fun and very tough, much smaller investment than the 6s line. There is always something that will break and wrenching involved. It's a hobby for people who are hands-on, like to turn some screws and understand how things fit together.

If you want something RC that you just pay for once, use, and put away until next time you should get into drones. There is no wrenching involved, and nearly nothing to upgrade as it's a closed system from the manufacturer and not intended to impact anything.
Drones are a lot of fun. I only have the Banggood specials. I’m always amazed at how well they fly compared to how cheap they are. My trouble is they get away from me never to be seen again. My friends son just lost his dji (not sure if that’s the brand). He had lots of experience flying too. Got a higher end drone for Christmas...gone. So you can blow money on drones too. It’s what rc hobby does all the way around.

Drones are a lot of fun. I only have the Banggood specials. I’m always amazed at how well they fly compared to how cheap they are. My trouble is they get away from me never to be seen again. My friends son just lost his dji (not sure if that’s the brand). He had lots of experience flying too. Got a higher end drone for Christmas...gone. So you can blow money on drones too. It’s what rc hobby does all the way around.
You gotta try real hard to lose a DJI. If you are flying out of LOS, then that is mistake #1. If you are flying beyond the range of the controller, that’s #2. If you don’t set a home location on launch and override the auto return to home, that’s #3. And if you fly in extreme wind or with a low battery, that’s #4.

It is really easy to have fun with a DJI drone and not lose it. ??

Agree with above, it's really hard to lose a quality drone. the line of sight thing is BS, mine is way out of sight every time. If anything happens it just comes back and lands. There are a few rare circumstances of magnetic interference causing it to go crazy, but I've had several high end hobby drones and never had one issue. I love my Autel Evo, no nanny flight restrictions.

You gotta try real hard to lose a DJI. If you are flying out of LOS, then that is mistake #1. If you are flying beyond the range of the controller, that’s #2. If you don’t set a home location on launch and override the auto return to home, that’s #3. And if you fly in extreme wind or with a low battery, that’s #4.

It is really easy to have fun with a DJI drone and not lose it. ??
He was doing a job for his high school year book. It’s gone...I don’t know the details but he’s not an irresponsible boy and very tech savvy.

Instead of crying about it like a little baby, why don't you be proactive and ask for help on how to fix the issues. That IS what this forum is for ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back