no power to front wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostInPA

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am new to the rc world and I just got a 6s typhon v5. I was out running up and down the street and then noticed it would pull hard to the right when under hard acceleration. I played with it for a second then realized the front isn't being powered. No missing drive shafts or anything. When I push it along the ground with the rears only touching it works as normal trying to spin the motor. When I do the same with the front, nothing. Any ideas?

Sounds kinda like a center diff issue, could be the outdrive pin on the front half of the center diff.

Last edited:
I just pulled the diff, so ill look into it. What exactly am I looking for? (I'm assuming the pin will be obvious?)
It's definitely a center diff issue
the input for the front spins freely like its not connected inside. Pin?

I just pulled the diff, so ill look into it. What exactly am I looking for? (I'm assuming the pin will be obvious?)
It's definitely a center diff issue
the input for the front spins freely like its not connected inside. Pin?
Pins are behind the crown (big) gears. Obvious question but Have you got all 4 dogbones?

I'll check it out first thing in the morning. All dog bones present. Thanks for the help!
Is there an upgrade for the pins, or is that a consumable I should stock up?
Not sure if it helps, but I just replaced the stock tires after wearing them totally smooth in a week with a set of street tires 2 battery packs ago. Running 4s until I get more used to the car
Pins are behind the crown (big) gears. Obvious question but Have you got all 4 dogbones?

I'll check it out first thing in the morning. All dog bones present. Thanks for the help!
Is there an upgrade for the pins, or is that a consumable I should stock up?
Not sure if it helps, but I just replaced the stock tires after wearing them totally smooth in a week with a set of street tires 2 battery packs ago. Running 4s until I get more used to the car
I have recently picked up a 2nd hand 6s outcast (my other big arrma rig is a mojave exb so has different diffs) and was surprised by how small the pins behind the big gears are (think they are sun, not crown gears). Im guessing this is a structural weakness in the older diffs, not present in the newer ones.

So after going to my local shop and picking up a rebuild kit, I found this to be the culprit. I got it all back together and noticed I forgot the front drive bearing lol

20201215_220028.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back