No throttle from my SR515 receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCaDDict666

Non-Recovering RC Addict
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon TLR
Hello everyone! So I have a Traxxas MAXX with a VXL-6S ESC and motor combo. I bought an SR515 receiver to connect it to my DX5C transmitter. I’m not getting any throttle. I have steering because I’m using a UBEC but no throttle at all. I’ve tried calibrating the ESC but don’t get the correct light when I pull full throttle after holding the EZSET button. Just seeing if anyone had the same issue and if it’s something I’m doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

Using a UBEC?
Did you disconnect the ESC power wire? Can't have 2 power sources, hopefully you didn't damage the esc. Also:
All trims at 0?
Dual rate at 100%?
Yes I did reconnect the power wire. Everything was working fine when I was running the stock receiver.
Yes I did reconnect the power wire. Everything was working fine when I was running the stock receiver.
Disconnect** not reconnect

Last edited:
Best is always to start 'fresh'.
Remove the UBEC and just use ESC power.
Disconnect your steering servo.
Install the ESC connection on Channel 2 (turning) and pretend your steering is throttle for now. ESC power wire reconnected, of course.
Ideally, use a new model on your DX5.
Can you bind? Sounds like that works but do it again in this configuration.
Does it now calibrate/throttle range adjust?
- If yes, your ESC is just fine. Before you say, it doesn't. Follow the bind instructions for this receiver, they are different from stock manual. Also make sure that transmitter is 3-6 ft away from receiver.
If the calibration worked, without changing anything else, move from steering channel to throttle channel and do the throttle range adjust one more time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back