Kraton Noob question - SR315 receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
My apologies for such a newbie question but can some please explain where the ESC, Servo, etc plug into the Spektrum SR315 receiver? I’m not seeing any meanings for the receivers abbreviations: STR, THR, Aux, Batt. I should took a picture prior to disassembling the entire Kraton 6s v5.

My apologies for such a newbie question but can some please explain where the ESC, Servo, etc plug into the Spektrum SR315 receiver? I’m not seeing any meanings for the receivers abbreviations: STR, THR, Aux, Batt. I should took a picture prior to disassembling the entire Kraton 6s v5.
Channel 1 for steering servo, channel 2 for esc. Easy way to remember- 1 to turn, 2 to burn

What do you mean? Wouldn't those just connect to the thick ESC leads? I'm assuming you are referring to 3S battery "A" and 3S battery "B"?
I’m referring to the abbreviations on the SR315 receiver seen below.
77ECF62E-26CA-472E-BC80-49C2F069592B.jpeg

Oh, I see, sorry. I don't have one of these, so can't just provide a picture of mine or anything, sorry. It's a bit disappointing that the receiver manual doesn't define the different plugs:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...uals/SPMSR215-SPMSR315-SPMSR515-Manual-EN.pdf

How many servo-type cables come off your ESC? If it's just 1, then that would be the throttle-input-signal cable. But the ESC typically also serves the function of a BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit), taking the main battery voltage, and reducing it down to something for the receiver and servos (6V, 7.4V, etc).

So that throttle signal cable might also provide power to the receiver. If there's just 1 cable from the ESC, plug that one into THR, with the steering servo plugged into STR. Put the car up on blocks to get the wheels off the ground, or remove the wheels, for safety. Leave AUX1 and BATT empty for now. Power up the ESC with the main battery(ies), and see what happens.

I'm guessing that BATT is used if your ESC does not have a BEC function. And instead, you are powering the receiver and servos using a separate small 2S LiPo, or with a separate BEC (not integrated with the ESC).

If your ESC has a second output cable (possible with just 2 wires, instead of 3) that could be a BEC-power-output cable, and it would presumably go to Batt. But it might be OK even without connecting this hypothetical second cable.

I don't think the AUX1 connection would typically be required with most cars. Again, sorry, I wish I could offer concrete details from a Kraton of my own.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back