Granite Noob video - Granite Pump Track - 1st Jumps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r4nd0m

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
Well as I wrote in another post, I did take the Granite out the other day for the first ever, first time Granite, first time pump track, first time attempting to jump ...

Weather was pants today so I had a look at the GoPro footage again and did cut a few clips out - it well takes a beating that little thing.

Not a thing broken except a bit of pride :ROFLMAO:

You started to get the throttle control to land the jumps towards the end. And the cartwheel at the end of the video had me giggling. Thanks for sharing.

You started to get the throttle control to land the jumps towards the end. And the cartwheel at the end of the video had me giggling. Thanks for sharing.
thats exactly why I posted those - I don't mind showing off tumbles, crashes and stuff - I think its actually funny, given the fact that you turn it over and off you go - and the rest I guess is practice and muscle memory - as I said it was a first all but indeed good fun which is exactly what I was looking for ...

Haha...I love how the first jump you take out the camera. And yeah, the tumbling at the end was funny. We are taking ours to a dirt pump track this week for the first time. I’m expecting carnage so anything less will be gravy. ?

My first run with outcast 4s. Lots of tumbling no jumps around on the 1st run. I think I got you beat on tumbles! Keep jumping. Just move the camera back about 15-20 feet!
Enjoy those tumbles and jumps!LOL
I can't wipe the smile of my face. Oh
Broke 1/2 the wing mount on 20 yard tumble.Next weekend going flying at this spot up in the Bronx!!!
OUTCAST 4S
IMG_20190330_184642129_BURST001.jpg

well I thought I do it properly with the big one instead
The K8S just looks like that clumsy kid that always falls down. You know the one. Any idea why that seems the case here? Too small of pinion to correct? Shocks too stiff? Too heavy? Just seems strangely clumsy. ??‍♂️

The K8S just looks like that clumsy kid that always falls down. You know the one. Any idea why that seems the case here? Too small of pinion to correct? Shocks too stiff? Too heavy? Just seems strangely clumsy. ??‍♂️
In the video it had the 23T installed already, I may move the batteries back a little to help with COG a little but surely the driver contributed here as still learning to handle jumps and bumps

It was like Groundhog Day...
just waiting for Bill Murray to pop out. ?

i find it easier to land backflips, i find reverse to sensitive and just end up nose diving
Turn down the brake. The stock brake level 62.5% is way too strong for air control on the Granite. Yes it will cause you to nose dive every time. I'm finding 37.5% is perfect for air control with the Granite (RC's with heavier tires may need stronger brake). Unfortunately 37.5% brake may not be enough for other situations. I have a transmitter that can adjust the brake level as needed. But actually, changing the ESC brake level before a run is fairly simple as well.

*EDIT - After some consistent practice with a ramp, I was able to get very good air control with 62.5% brake.

Last edited:
Well as I wrote in another post, I did take the Granite out the other day for the first ever, first time Granite, first time pump track, first time attempting to jump ...

Weather was pants today so I had a look at the GoPro footage again and did cut a few clips out - it well takes a beating that little thing.

Not a thing broken except a bit of pride :ROFLMAO:
Jumping a Granite without a backflip isn't easy!

Turn down the brake. The stock brake level 62.5% is way too strong for air control on the Granite. Yes it will cause you to nose dive every time. I'm finding 37.5% is perfect for air control with the Granite (RC's with heavier tires may need stronger brake). Unfortunately 37.5% brake may not be enough for other situations. I have a transmitter that can adjust the brake level as needed. But actually, changing the ESC brake level before a run is fairly simple as well.
haven't tried that but meanwhile learned how to drive the truck

When in doubt air it out! Some of the slo mo crash video I have is more impressive and more fun to watch than the landed jumps. Looked like a fun day with friends??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back