Not arrma or a truck/car....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shookknight20

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
So I've been messing with my atomic in my free time just finished the quick paint job, turned out alright. Running 1800kv on 3s hardback 5200mah ovanic, runs for a long time and she is pretty evenly weighted. I need some ideas here though.... does anyone out there know of a way I could widen the hull of this thing?? Without getting a new hull, like some kind of attachment or something I'm lost and am open to any and all ideas. Just want to widen the rear end a bit so not so easy to roll on turns. Thanks for looking

Josh

20220108_203635_001.jpg

20220108_203618.jpg

20220108_203553.jpg

20220108_203524.jpg

I've see guys just use Styrofoam and shape it...like the really hard/dense kind. I assume they epoxy it on, maybe even have bolts running through the hull. Sorry I don't know more details, I've not done it myself, but I know a few guys from my boating days that did. I'll reach out and see if they can give me more info.

Thank you @grihn very much, yea I'm literally dead in the water lol as for what to do, new to the boating part of rc for sure!

So he said he would buy styrofoam coolers and then cut out rectangle shapes from the cooler and adhere it to the outside of the hull using polyurethane foam adhesive, then shape it once it was attached to the hull. He used a potato peeler and hobby knives to shape. He said the adhesive holds up well in rough water up to about 40mph or so. It'll hold up on faster boats but he had it come off a few times, but would just retrieve and reattach it. You could always add some bolts and washers to secure it to the hull, but he didn't want to permanently modify his hull by drilling holes so never did. He said if you decide to paint the foam, it's best to do it before you attach it to the boat but he never bothered after he tried to spray paint it and the paint ate through the surface of the foam and pitted it. I'm sure you could find a paint that would work. Hope that's helpful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back